Davidson Southeast: Antioch, Century Farms, East of Brentwood

smeagolsfree

8 minutes ago, PaulChinetti said:

Oh I know, I was being facetious. 

The outcry if that was proposed would be unimaginable. 

I know.  I do think that with Belmont master planning their portion of 12th, near Wedgewood, there is an opportunity for some type of garage (as part of a mixed use development) that might help. Just getting the restaurant/retail workers to park somewhere central would help on the side streets. 

I also think a developer, with money, might offer to build some level of parking in exchange to get to build bigger. Let me build 6 floors and I'll build an extra 100 parking spaces. The neighbors would still howl but metro could say "here is the help you've been pestering us about".

Edited by Nash_12South

The triangular lot near the Fairgrounds where the Nolensville Rd. split occurs to form 2nd and 4th Avenues South, is up for sale. The 1.67 acre site, which has sat empty for decades, has an asking price of $2.75 million. Cumberland Advisory Group LLC is the owner, and they purchased it in March 2014 for $170,000.

Full story behind the paywall at Nashville Post here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20985626/fairgroundsarea-property-at-split-hits-market

Screen Shot 2017-12-12 at 3.52.30 PM.png

• Like 3

The 1.91-acre lot where Pilgrim Emmanuel Baptist Church is located at 945 S. Douglas Ave. is under contract with an unidentified developer. The site overlooks the curved intersection of Douglas and 10th Ave. South. The project being proposed has 36 residences (20 detached units and eight two-family dwellings).  The church structure, which was built in 1940,  would be torn down. The congregation bought the property for $2,800 in 1968, and it is purportedly worth $2.8 million now.

More info behind the paywall at The Post here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20985713/12southarea-church-property-eyed-for-project

Screen Shot 2017-12-13 at 9.20.53 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-12-13 at 9.17.37 AM.png

• Like 2

On 12/12/2017 at 4:00 PM, markhollin said:

The triangular lot near the Fairgrounds where the Nolensville Rd. split occurs to form 2nd and 4th Avenues South, is up for sale. The 1.67 acre site, which has sat empty for decades, has an asking price of $2.75 million. Cumberland Advisory Group LLC is the owner, and they purchased it in March 2014 for $170,000.

Full story behind the paywall at Nashville Post here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20985626/fairgroundsarea-property-at-split-hits-market

that lot has incredible potential. it could be several nice houses, a small aprtment or condo,  mixed used bar with apartments.   there will be a light rail stop a block away.  tehsoccer stadium down the street.  sooooo much could be done!

• Like 3

In looking at the site plan - There are two car garages for each unit, but no guest parking on the site. At a minimum, half these units will have owners who refuse to park both cars in the garages, so you need, in my opinion, at least 16 on site parking spaces. Councilman Sledge says the developer jumped the gun in turning in the drawings before any community meetings were held, and he is not happy.

Elmington Capital Group seemingly is nearing a groundbreaking for a Twelfth & Wedgewood, a 4-story, 175 unit apartment project long planned for Metro-owned property located in Edgehill.

The project would involve Metro providing ECG a ground lease in exchange for the company maintaining the apartments as affordable housing for at least 20 years. The units would be limited to those who earn no more than between 60 to 120 percent of the area’s average median income (which is about $58,000). The maximum rent would be no more than 30 percent of any renter’s income.

Full story behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20986203/work-could-looms-on-edgehill-apartments

Screen Shot 2017-12-15 at 1.15.07 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-12-15 at 1.16.21 PM.png

The site is the NE corner of 12th Ave. South and Wedgwood on this map:

Screen Shot 2017-12-15 at 1.17.03 PM.png

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Nash_12South said:

There doesn't look to be a first floor retail/commercial space. That's seems like a missed opportunity. 

Agreed. Especially with smoothie king across the street and a few other little restaurants behind, seems like would be a great place for something.

9 minutes ago, PaulChinetti said:

Agreed. Especially with smoothie king across the street and a few other little restaurants behind, seems like would be a great place for something.

I doubt the smoothie king is there in 5 years, I envision a larger multi use building. I think retail would be tough in this proposed building, it lays lower than the rest of the area and that side of the street is purely residential.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, samsonh said:

I doubt the smoothie king is there in 5 years, I envision a larger multi use building. I think retail would be tough in this proposed building, it lays lower than the rest of the area and that side of the street is purely residential.  

Good point on the Smoothie King, maybe they would move into the bottom of a building that ends up on that corner.

I don't see what you mean that is lays lower than the rest of the area?

31 minutes ago, PaulChinetti said:

Good point on the Smoothie King, maybe they would move into the bottom of a building that ends up on that corner.

I don't see what you mean that is lays lower than the rest of the area?

Height wise it will be laying in a bit of a gully it seems. Either way retail doe not seem like a great fit for that location imo. 

• Like 2

2 of the 3 other corners currently have retail. The smoothie king corner will be redeveloped into a larger complex that will very likely have retail. The gas station will become part of a new Belmont “entrance/gateway” project and likely have retail too. There is increasing foot traffic so I think it could work. 

Edited by Nash_12South
  • Like 2

Got go upstairs to fix a sandwich, two floors down to the bathroom, then out the door for work. Oh wait , i forget to turn the oven off, back up two floors. Opps I fell down the stairs. Phone is in car. Cant call for help.

The reason I will never live in one. I want it all on the same floor.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, fishsticks176 said:

Just in case anyone hasn't seen this yet, I wanted to share a picture of THE skinniest tall-skinny I've ever seen. It has to be literally about 8' by 16'.  I think they built it out from a shed foundation. On 2nd Ave South between the fairgrounds and downtown.   

Image.jpg

Only four stories?!  :tw_anguished:    We want more!!!:tw_tounge_wink: Why can't Nashville ever build a seven story  tiny house!!!!  :tw_confounded:

At least put a spire on top....or a satellite dish. 

• Like 2