Davidson Southeast: Antioch, Century Farms, East of Brentwood

smeagolsfree

When the meeting in question was held, there wasn't even an organized plan yet.  Heck, Cloud Hill didn't formally exist yet. Seems completely legitimate for a developer to meet with the city to discuss possible uses of a piece of land that is open for repurposing in various forms.  This is being made out to sound more salacious than it was.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

Im just curious what the neighbors think about the Ft Negley preservationists trying to thwart the project. It seems as the nut jobs are trying to convince the public that the Fort is being torn down and there is a grave every 6 feet.

I’ve had a person go after me pretty hard on Twitter. Calling me a paid shill and questioning whether I even lived in the neighborhood (I was tweeting from Philly, on vacation). They were pretty ridiculous and left quite the bad taste in my mouth. 

They would rather it stay an abandoned stadium if it’s not going to be 100% park. No room for budging even when Cloud Hill has said no building will go higher than the current press box and 1/3 of the development will be public greenspace. Which I think is a pretty awesome compromise on both sides. They are even leaving the guitar scoreboard!

• Like 3

Been trying to get info on this and they probably promised the NBJ the story..

Quotes

"A Nashville developer is teeing up a mixed-use development that could include as many as 1,200 residential units and multiple 12-story commercial buildings, along an increasingly busy corridor immediately south of downtown.

Elmington Capital Group is taking the first concrete, public step toward what could be five years to 15 years of construction on roughly 24 acres of land the company owns along Edgehill Avenue and Eighth Avenue South.

Elmington, founded in 2010, has filed for a zoning change that would allow 1,200 residential units — both rental and for-sale housing — as well as some 600,000 square feet of office and retail space. As with a number of other Elmington developments, the planned residential piece would include units priced to be attainable to people earning between 60 percent to 120 percent of the area median income.

According to that Metro filing, Elmington would like permission for buildings as tall as 12 stories at the corner of Edgehill and Eighth.

Construction will not begin in the "near term," and when it does happen, it will be piecemeal, progressing as various apartment buildings are vacated"

Not all of the 600 K sq ft would be office. Some would be retail, commercial, etc. We knew they had plans for this but this scale is a lot more than I would have guessed.

• Like 3

^ ^ ^ This is good news: 

The submittal outlines the bulk standards and regulations for the proposed development. Elmington said there are no plans to displace any of the existing residents of the property, including Salama Urban Ministries (a nonprofit organization that serves K–12 students in the Edgehill area).

“We’ve had several meetings with area residents, including The Reservoir Park Neighborhood Association, to discuss our plans. Additionally, we are working closely with the mayor’s office, the local councilman and several affordable housing advocacy groups. We plan to continue these meetings to openly work with all stakeholders to ensure everyone has a voice in this project,” said Cary Rosenblum, Elmington CEO.

Here is the rest of Post's story (currently behind the paywall):

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20988446/elmington-eyes-mixedused-project-in-edgehill

Screen Shot 2018-01-11 at 4.41.38 PM.png

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

I honestly never noticed that apartment complex (or both?). Looking at them on the map, I'm sure they're old. But they look so random there, just scattered around that area.

Not really much to notice. Undistinguished cheaply built 1960s or 70s brick buildings, the kind of which there are hundreds around the city.

I’m just not sure I believe that they’re going to go with this scale in this area. Even half of what they’re planning - 600 residential units and 300,000 sq feet of office space - I would have trouble believing. I have a feeling this is one that may be toned down in a couple years.  

• Like 1

A property home to Music City Motorsports and hugging the south side of the inner-interstate loop is being eyed for a mixed-used project.

According to a Metro document, owner Willcam Properties LLC is seeking a rezoning to mixed-use limited from industrial for the property, which sits on 0.83 acres at 909 Hawkins St. The prospective developer has enlisted Nashville-based Fulmer Engineering to handle the rezoning request, the document notes.

A Thursday, Feb. 22, Metro Planning Commission meeting is set regarding the rezoning request.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20988552/gulcharea-property-could-land-mixeduse-project

Screen Shot 2018-01-12 at 1.12.16 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-12 at 1.12.44 PM.png

• Like 1

I did some shots for my buddy that is working on that site. 

East_Across8th.jpg

Northwest_FarView.jpg

I'm also trying to wrap my head around how tall 11 and 12 story buildings would been that area around the reservoir (compared to how tall it is).

This is beyond crude but... That will totally transform that area. Maybe someone with some better skills can mock something up a bit better.

Crudeness.jpg

• Like 2