Davidson Southeast: Antioch, Century Farms, East of Brentwood

smeagolsfree

On 2/15/2018 at 4:31 AM, markhollin said:

Former Starwood Amphitheater site, soon to be redeveloped as Starwood Town Center (see previous page of this thread for more details):

Starwood Amphitheater site.png

Even though it was terrible to get out to I still have an extreme hate for those "developers" who stole 10 years worth of concerts from us and didn't even develop the land!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, grilled_cheese said:

Even though it was terrible to get out to I still have an extreme hate for those "developers" who stole 10 years worth of concerts from us and didn't even develop the land!

Starwood closed because of dismal ticket sales after Nashville (now Bridgestone) Arena opened

That property (and the surrounding community) has been begging for a developer ever since. The current proposal is the third in ten years. There is a medical office building under construction on the diagonal corner of Hobson Pk & Murfreesboro Pk

• Like 1

On 2/21/2018 at 9:08 PM, LA_TN said:

Starwood closed because of dismal ticket sales after Nashville (now Bridgestone) Arena opened

That property (and the surrounding community) has been begging for a developer ever since. The current proposal is the third in ten years. There is a medical office building under construction on the diagonal corner of Hobson Pk & Murfreesboro Pk

I'd be fine with that statement if they had actually developed the land back when they acquired it but instead they demolished it, the recession hit, they didn't develop it and it has sat vacant for a decade+.

It is a fact that Nashville has been passed over for certain concerts because we haven't had a 15K+ outdoor shed for bands to play at.  If you look back at the thread I started pre-Ascend Amphitheater you will see I was calling for a venue with a minimum of 15k seats.  I'm thankful for Ascend but we still get passed over for certain shows because we lack a venue of acceptable size.

• Like 1

On 2/25/2018 at 9:02 AM, markhollin said:

Not sure what is going in at 446 Humphreys in WeHo.  My guess is a townhouse cluster. 

Looking south from alley between Houston and Humphreys:

446 Humphries, Feb 10, 2018, 1.jpg

Looking north from Humphreys, 1/2 block east of Martin St:

446 Humphries, Feb 10, 2018, 2.jpg

Correct. I believe four townhomes are going in. 

• Like 1