smeagolsfree

The Gulch Projects

2761 posts in this topic

Are you referring to the lot on the back side? If that is the one, it looked as if they were doing a parking lot back there.

26 minutes ago, markhollin said:

The 1.18-acre Exxon gas station/convenience store property on Broadway across from The Tennessean building has been put up for sale as a redevelopment opportunity.

My understanding has been that environmental remediation costs on gas station properties are pretty rough. I suppose those costs are easily buried (pun) when you're paying $350 clams/sq.ft. and developing a +$100mm project. Still....

15 minutes ago, titanhog said:

^^I'm assuming that design is just a placeholder to show what COULD go on that site?

yep.

3 people like this

1 hour ago, markhollin said:

The 1.18-acre Exxon gas station/convenience store property on Broadway across from The Tennessean building has been put up for sale as a redevelopment opportunity. Up to 28-story structure allowed on property across from The Tennessean, which one land broker said could be worth between $300 to $350 a square foot. Commercial real estate firm CBRE is handling listing of the Gulch area site at 1111 Broadway, which is within the path of development.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2017/06/27/nashvilles-broadway-exxon-site-listed-sale-redevelopment-play/430518001/

I have mixed feelings about that property. On one hand, this would be a chance to build something amazing that would help serve as a of gateway of sorts into downtown. On the other, that Exxon station serves a valuable purpose for locals and tourists alike as one of the few (or only?) remaining convenience stores/gas stations downtown. I would hate to see the core not have at least one source for gas and convenience items.

An aside: It seems odd that this Tiger Mart location underwent a major renovation about a year ago just to be put up for sale now. Weird timing.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Jamie Hall said:

I have mixed feelings about that property. On one hand, this would be a chance to build something amazing that would help serve as a of gateway of sorts into downtown. On the other, that Exxon station serves a valuable purpose for locals and tourists alike as one of the few (or only?) remaining convenience stores/gas stations downtown. I would hate to see the core not have at least one source for gas and convenience items.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat about hating to lose one of the only remaining downtown gas stations.   I go there all the time.   Plus if we lose this where will all the bikers hang out?    

Much rather develop the McDonalds property across the street.  

4 people like this

I never buy anything at that overpriced market. The price of gas at that location is about 40 to 50 cents a gallon higher than the cheaper places. 

3 people like this

12 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

I never buy anything at that overpriced market. The price of gas at that location is about 40 to 50 cents a gallon higher than the cheaper places. 

It's really good gas