smeagolsfree

The Gulch Projects

The railroad crossing at Fogg St is blocked off and the road next to the tracks appears to be torn up.  Several trains have passed through today without blowing their whistle.  Have the city and CSX come to an agreement to permanently close this crossing now that the bridge is open?  If so, life will be a bit more peaceful for those of us living near this crossing!

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Mr_Bond said:

The railroad crossing at Fogg St is blocked off and the road next to the tracks appears to be torn up.  Several trains have passed through today without blowing their whistle.  Have the city and CSX come to an agreement to permanently close this crossing now that the bridge is open?  If so, life will be a bit more peaceful for those of us living near this crossing!

They were talking about it a while back, I hadn't realized they were doing it that quickly. 

• Like 2

A building long eyed for The Gulch at the T-intersection of 11th Avenue South and McGavock Street across from restaurant Kayne Prime now seemingly will be designed to offer a boutique hotel component.

If the project materializes, the building — previous designs for which were later scrapped — will sit on a surface parking lot at the T-intersection with McGavock Street and house an M Street Entertainment Group restaurant. 

A Metro document offers a permit name of 11 and M Hotel. No detailed images have been submitted to Metro and it is unclear how many floors the possible future building might rise.

http://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20982447/gulch-restaurant-building-project-could-offer-hotel

Here was the original rendering of the 2 story office structure that was being planned, but apparently now has greatly altered:

Screen Shot 2017-11-10 at 4.05.21 PM.png

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent Development Map shows the location as the long stretch of land in teal in the center of the frame, along the western edge of the Gulch CSX tracks between Demonbreun and Broadway:

Screen Shot 2017-11-10 at 4.06.43 PM.png

• Like 3

I have used the connector several times and have had it all to myself. I park free there and get out and enjoy the skyline view, then drive north into downtown.

• Like 1

I like the connector too. I just wish they could get the traffic lights in better sync. On paper this should be quicker way for me to get to work, but sitting a combined 5 minutes or more at the lights negates any advantage.

• Like 1

The MDHA Design Review Committee Tuesday gave approval to the addition of office space to a mixed-use Gulch building recognized as the home of Kayne Prime and Google Fiber.

Located at 1101 McGavock St. and owned by Nashville-based C.B. Ragland Co., the building stands four floors. The plan is to add about 7,000 square feet of office space to the top of the building. Currently, the structure (opened in the 1950s and was once home to Educational Networks of America) offers a partial fourth floor that spans about 4,000 sf with an additional 12,000 square feet of existing roof deck. The project will be similar to that of the addition to C.B. Ragland’s Asurion building in SoBro.

More info here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20986547/gulch-building-home-to-google-to-see-addition

Screen Shot 2017-12-19 at 1.44.05 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-12-19 at 1.44.16 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-12-19 at 1.44.25 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-12-19 at 2.10.41 PM.png

• Like 2

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 10:27 AM, nightranger36 said:

Is there any word on the gulch pedestrian bridge project? Its been very quiet for a long time now.

It will happen, but as is the case with any Metro project, it takes forever.

McDonald's  has paid $5.15 million to Hippodrome Realty for it's downtown Broadway site. The price works out to $154 per square foot for the 0.77-acre site.

Lots of machinations going on with the Exxon site just to the east across 12th Ave. recently going up for sale, the Tennessean site caddy-corner across Broadway being bought last year by Caden/Highwoods, the Endeavor development  directly across Broadway to thenorth currently U.C., the proposed 16 story boutique hotel caddy corner to the SW, and the Endeavor Phase II projects (three 20+ story buildings) being planned to the south.  Wonder if McDonald's plans to co-develop the site with someone else?  Seems pretty expensive for just selling happy meals.

Full story behind NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/01/25/mcdonalds-purchase-price-for-broadway-property-1.html

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows all the real estate activity swirling around the prime McDonald's locale:

Screen Shot 2018-01-25 at 2.04.34 PM.png

• Like 4

Anything can change, but I spoke with the Firestone manager in the fall about the plans for the location. He responded Bridgestone would be razing the location and rebuilding a multi-story showcase Firestone to perform corporate training for other franchises. Hopefully, some large amounts of cash can change their mind.

• Like 3

7-Eleven has purchased the 1.18 acre lot at 1101 Broadway (currently home to an Exxon quicky-mart) for $7.85 million. That averages to $154 per square foot of land, almost the exact same price that McDonalds just paid for the lot directly to the west.

When listed for sale in mid-2017, the property had been touted as a redevelopment prospect offering that might feature high rises. 

This is disappointing, unless 7-Eleven decides that they are going to just sit on the site for a while and then re-sell.  So much more could be done with such a prominent location. 

The purchase was part of 21 total properties coming 7-Eleven's way for their re-introduction into the Nashville market.

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/02/01/7-eleven-swigs-one-big-gulp-of-nashville-real.html

5951b6f134ec1_1111BroadwayExonlot1June262017.png.d7f82e20b5f4672e56fd4d5de699eb92.png

5951b6f262ce3_1111BroadwayExonlot2June262017.png.a25932d0de0e225745df7142501e87fb.png

This was a rendering that the realtor designed showing what type of high rises could go on the lot:

5951b6f3966cf_1111BroadwayExonlot3June262017.png.bdf6e614f00bf43aea364771f846a378.png

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Downvote 1

I just remember this was not an actual proposal, just a massing diagram of what was allowed for the site.  Someone may still come in and buy it as the owners do not have any snetimental connections to the land. Many 7-11's in larger cities do not even have have gas pumps and just occupy space in a larger building. Thats why I dont get too excited about these things as they come and go.

• Like 1