smeagolsfree

The Gulch Projects

2 hours ago, Mr_Bond said:

Side topic:  STK Steakhouse has signed a lease for the former Prima space in Terrazzo.  There was an article in NBJ a couple of weeks ago.  Work began this morning.

https://togrp.com/brand/stk/

I keep wondering, is there a saturation point at which a city does not need another steakhouse?      If so, I have to think we're getting close.    :)  

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, PruneTracy said:

"There's too much steak in this city." They're all real words, and the syntax and grammar seem to be in order, and yet the sentence is completely nonsensical.

That's because it breaks Aristotle's classic law of logic: non-contradiction.  "Steak" cannot exit with "too much" predicatin' it. Same with dunkel beer.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, CenterHill said:

I keep wondering, is there a saturation point at which a city does not need another steakhouse?      If so, I have to think we're getting close.    :)  

STK will offer a $10 hamburger on their lunch menu.  Not too many steakhouses do that.  Since they're in my building, my annual burger intact could rise significantly.

• Like 3

Hormolio company wants to consolidate its six parcels that include the Voorhees Building at 700 8th Ave. South that also include an old-school masonry building with an address of 608 Eighth Ave. S. and home to Downtown Antique Mall and the building at 620 Eighth Ave. S. that accommodates Epiphany Design Studio. There are two other buildings on the overall footprint. The plan is to make the whole site more attractive for marketing for redevelopment.

Harmolio has enlisted Shawn Henry, a real estate-focused attorney with Nashville-based Tune Entrekin and White, to assist with having two alleys (east-west Alley 140 and north-south Alley 159) and a segment of Fogg Street (each considered public right of way) abandoned so as to yield one fully integrated site.

The Metro Planning Department staff will review the request, with a planning commission hearing unlikely. The Metro Council will have final say.

To the immediate south of the six parcels sit four parcels on which Nashville-based Southeast Venture plans a mixed-used building. Southeast officials have yet to disclose plan details or a start date.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21037210/pie-town-parcels-could-see-consolidation

The Voorhees Building:

Screen Shot 2018-12-17 at 8.01.47 AM.png

The site is the triangular area encompassing 6 buildings immediately to the north of the teal-colored 8th & Division Southeast Ventures lot:

Screen Shot 2018-12-17 at 8.08.08 AM.png

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, markhollin said:

Hormolio company wants to consolidate its six parcels that include the Voorhees Building at 700 8th Ave. South that also include an old-school masonry building with an address of 608 Eighth Ave. S. and home to Downtown Antique Mall and the building at 620 Eighth Ave. S. that accommodates Epiphany Design Studio. There are two other buildings on the overall footprint. The plan is to make the whole site more attractive for marketing for redevelopment.

Harmolio has enlisted Shawn Henry, a real estate-focused attorney with Nashville-based Tune Entrekin and White, to assist with having two alleys (east-west Alley 140 and north-south Alley 159) and a segment of Fogg Street (each considered public right of way) abandoned so as to yield one fully integrated site.

The Metro Planning Department staff will review the request, with a planning commission hearing unlikely. The Metro Council will have final say.

To the immediate south of the six parcels sit four parcels on which Nashville-based Southeast Venture plans a mixed-used building. Southeast officials have yet to disclose plan details or a start date.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21037210/pie-town-parcels-could-see-consolidation

The Voorhees Building:

Screen Shot 2018-12-17 at 8.01.47 AM.png

The site is the triangular area encompassing 6 buildings immediately to the north of the teal-colored 8th & Division Southeast Ventures lot:

Honestly I think these 6 lots could each be turned into something we don’t have much of. 6 individual steak restaurants.  

• Haha 3

Pins Mechanical Company (22,000 sq. ft. in former Gibson Guitars warehouse at 11th Ave. North and Grundy St.) update.  Minimal activity on interior.

Pins Mechanical, Nov 18, 2018, 1.jpg

Pins Mechanical, Nov 18, 2018, 2.jpg

• Like 2

On 12/17/2018 at 8:08 AM, markhollin said:

I see many positives in this proposal:

• parcels that are small and inaccessible could be fully utilized,
  • a rather useless street would put out of its misery,
  • we take six small ideas and can now create a destination property, and
  • the 8th Ave S corridor could get a signature piece.

This could be the biggest catalyst yet for development of Pie Town.

• Like 1

RIP to the Downtown Antique Mall, though. The Tennessee Antique Mall on Wedgewood already closed earlier this year, the flea market is being changed up and consolidated, and I feel like I can see the writing on the wall for the 8th Ave Antique Mall once their lease is up in a couple years. As an antique dealer in this town, I’m getting a little worried.

• Sad 2

Chef Ford Fry's of Atlanta new Tex Mex restaurant Superica will cost about $2 M to build out.   Their food is innovative and really good believe me as a frequent customer of their Charlotte outpost.

https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/news/2018/12/26/reportford-frys-nashville-superica-location-could.html?ana=e_ae_set1&s=article_du&ed=2018-12-26&u=oAaDx%2B74FoP4qOJ%2By4AU6dhJPpc&t=1545855820&j=85719101

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Has anyone else heard that Patagonia is landing  in the gulch?  

I also heard the Ann Taylor Loft store is the lowest performing in the entire country....ouch.

• Like 1

On 12/26/2018 at 2:26 PM, KJHburg said:

Chef Ford Fry's of Atlanta new Tex Mex restaurant Superica will cost about $2 M to build out.   Their food is innovative and really good believe me as a frequent customer of their Charlotte outpost.

https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/news/2018/12/26/reportford-frys-nashville-superica-location-could.html?ana=e_ae_set1&s=article_du&ed=2018-12-26&u=oAaDx%2B74FoP4qOJ%2By4AU6dhJPpc&t=1545855820&j=85719101

Good to know as I was curious as to how the food would be. Thanks!

1 hour ago, nashville_bound said:

Has anyone else heard that Patagonia is landing  in the gulch?  

I also heard the Ann Taylor Loft store is the lowest performing in the entire country....ouch.

Looks like Patagonia has made it official!

1863449735_PatagoniaintheGulch.png.de359a24bf2204be8f28ee4c3bf26f1d.png

My wife goes to The Loft in The Gulch regularly and finds good items on sale.  I've been with her numerous times and I always see other customers there.  On the weekends, it's not unusual to see a couple of guys standing out front while their ladies are shopping.

• Like 2

On 12/10/2018 at 5:01 PM, smeagolsfree said:

The fries will probably be 5 bucks and a coke 3 dollars, plus tip 20 bucks. Plus they will charge you for the extras on the burger I will bet.

My wife and I had lunch at the Restoration Hardware restaurant at MOGH on New Year's Day.  Fries were $8 but the mayonnaise was perfect.

• Haha 1

High end steak house STK is coming to the Gulch, moving into the former Prima space at 700 12th AVe. South. It is known for it's swanky interiors, in-house DJ's, and celebrity clientele.

More at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2019/01/07/stk-steakhouse-nashville-gulch-restaurant/2504854002/

• Like 2

2 hours ago, markhollin said:

High end steak house STK is coming to the Gulch, moving into the former Prima space at 700 12th AVe. South. It is known for it's swanky interiors, in-house DJ's, and celebrity clientele.

More at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2019/01/07/stk-steakhouse-nashville-gulch-restaurant/2504854002/

Oh thank God! I was getting so tired of STK and Shake. :tw_glasses:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

^

With those "in-house DJs", it sounds like you'll still be doing plenty of shaking!

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Nashville Cliff said:

There's a gentleman on the Downtown Nashville Facebook claiming to be part of a team designing a small-format Target for the gulch. Claims to be seeking resident input.  Downtown Nashville on Facebook

Sounds like this is a school project.  His facebook page says he doesn't graduate until 2021.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, etimer13 said:

Sounds like this is a school project.  His facebook page says he doesn't graduate until 2021.

That makes a lot more sense.