smeagolsfree

The Gulch Projects

3 hours ago, japan said:

Every few years, the people here seem to forget that ParkAve is a shtick account.

I mean, obviously she is heavy on the jokes, but are you saying you don't think she ever posts a serious opinion?  I find that hard to believe.  

11 hours ago, donNdonelson2 said:

The airport is in Donelson. Try to keep the economic engine running without that, eh?

Typically, they put airports where there isn't crap else. And they never would have built an airport if it weren't for NASHVILLE, ya'll! Sorry, that response even annoyed me

6 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

I mean, obviously she is heavy on the jokes, but are you saying you don't think she ever posts a serious opinion?  I find that hard to believe.  

I think she does, which is why I responded seriously to her comments re: the placement of NMAAM but I was also cautious to point out that she troll-y by nature. Possibly cliché, but sort of like the boy who cried wolf 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 9/15/2019 at 3:20 PM, FromParkAveToTN said:

ur tax dollars should stay in our own communities and not used for downtown projects. 

Downtown generates a huge amount of revenue for Metro. Most residential neighborhoods fail to cover the cost of services provided.

On 9/16/2019 at 5:04 PM, AronG said:

hundreds of thousands of high-end jobs

About 75,000 not hundreds of thousands.

• Like 1

NES has landed a permit of $4.5 million for the 30,400 sq. ft. substation build along 11th Ave. North of the Church Street Viaduct. There will be a parking deck built on top of the new power station. Aubrey Silvey Enterprises is handling the construction. Moody Nolan Architects is handling the design.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21088156/work-to-begin-on-nes-substation

• Like 3

Bark Public House will operate in the building that used to house The Agenda nightclub at 609 9th Ave. South and offer boarding and grooming for dogs.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/retail/article/21093895/dogcentric-business-slated-for-the-gulch

Screen Shot 2019-10-24 at 3.01.14 PM.png

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Cooper did it!

Nashville.....

"They"...saved us.

The Gulch and SoBro crowds are crying in their craft beer.

Edited by Ingram

"The Gulch-SoBro bridge had been a subject of criticism for several years among Nashvillians who have demanded that more city investments should occur in neighborhoods, not just downtown."

I guess people don't consider downtown a neighborhood, even though, ya know people live down there?

Then the money immediately goes to the Charolette Pike-Rosa Parks bridge, which is... DOWNTOWN.  ha

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

Glad to hear Cooper isn’t completely opposed to the bridge, and it does make sense to free up funding for other infrastructure needs if CSX won’t play ball with the city. 

I think this is pandering for Cooper to be honest. It was approved years ago, right, in Dean's administration? Nothing really has happened since approval, and I bet Cooper knew CSX was making this next to impossible to do. So instead of it dragging out forever, he gets the headline of working for the residents, not downtown. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

Gulch pedestrian bridge nixed.

Reported this morning.

That's why I voted for Cooper.

I think the people in the Gulch will survive  without the bridge and from what I've seen down there, many of them could use the extra walking to get to SoBro.