smeagolsfree

The Gulch Projects

Yeah, I think you're in the minority.  I really like this design.  With every project there's this question of how it addresses the street, which often comes down to small details you can't be sure about until it's built.  I would hope this structure would truly tie the two levels together, providing another pedestrian connection between the two road levels. 

I've seen better looking stilts, though:Toronto_zps6ed643ea.jpg

I have been to this building, and it is stunning in person. As I recall this is an art college and the piles, or support columns represent either pencils or crayons.

Not sure this is the correct thread....

I spoke with PPG/Porter Paints on Charlotte today and they said their lease is up in October and they will be moving. I asked what was being developed and they have heard (as we have) IKEA, Target, Condos, Movie Theater. THey also heard of new interstate ingress/egress.

The intersate news  is interesting for sure. I would bet Porter will be out of there before October as they are already looking very hard. The want to be within a mile and a half of that location.

The interstate thing is interesting...and sort of hard to imagine.The only thing I can really see is adding a partial exit at Clinton St (north side only) and maybe extending George L Davis one more block to the north. That way it would give a boost to Marathon Village as well.

Other than that, I would question the benefit of the cost involved. It's not like the Charlotte exit is uber far away...and I think a new ramp from 65 northbound off at either JoJohnston or Clinton (direct to Charlotte would be nearly impossible) would just add to the big ol CF of an exit system downtown, extending that to about a 1.5 mile hell of merging traffic.

They really need to simplify the downtown exit system rather than add to it. Simplify it, and cap the interstate through the canyon.

• Like 1

It maybe a some modification of the existing on/off ramps...maybe the I-40 East ramp adds a loop to land you Jo Johnston and there is a new merge onramp from the development for the existing I-40 west onramp... just guessing

Spent a lot of time in the Gulch. In high school I worked for Ted R. Sanders Moving and Storage which was located as I remember close to the north side under the bridge. Those were the days over 35 years ago! I kept one of my drum kits there and practiced before work in the summers.

Noticed yesterday that the oriental market/Korean restaurant at 11th and Charlotte is coming down..   not much more to go in the way of demo around there!

Noticed yesterday that the oriental market/Korean restaurant at 11th and Charlotte is coming down..   not much more to go in the way of demo around there!

that sucks. i wanted to eat at manna one more time before they closed :(

eric b

YES!!!!!!!! WHOOOOOOO!!!!

I love that your profile pic is still the crown of Signature Tower.  Such a beautiful building.  Too bad there isn't a chance that we will ever see it rise in Nashville  :ermm:

Rumours in the Icon building had a ton of people for some sort of soft opening, or something for employees, this evening.  The restaurant/bar is literally right below my condo...and good news for me, I didn't hear a peep the entire night!  Looking forward to some delicious cocktails.

Erosion barriers up at the Hensler site. Waiting for work to start in earnest.

Work at the site has begun right now! !! They are using Cat equipment to dig and break up some of the ground on the site

• Like 1

Guest 5th & Main Urbanite

Walked by the site this past weekend. Evidently they have been working in full force and the foundation permits have been pulled.

• Like 1

I also saw the progress of the mini hotel and restaurant. I am looking forward to seeing what this looks like.

Next to The Station Inn. And next to the hotel will be the three story glass building.