The Yard at Ivanhoe | Mixed-Use [Under Construction]

orlandoguy

• 5 weeks later...

Could this mean a shift in the Orlando drinking from downtown to other areas or just more bars overall?

Ivanhoe Village would be an awesome bar district, esp if the warehouses across the train tracks (though not technically within IV but hey even their own office is there).  I'd love to see those warehouses refurb'd into lofts and retail (like what Ybor City wants to be).  Orange Ave already seems pretty good business wise.

The Lake Ivanhoe pedestrian bridge will also help this area gain it's own identity. 

• Like 1

Ivanhoe Village really needs some quality infill development.

The Virgina Drive / Orange Avenue intersection is a total waste in it's current state -- parking lots. A "Thornton Park Central" like development would go a long way in catipulating this neighbor forward.

I'd love to see what Ustler could do for this little corner of town.

• Like 1

-Old narrow pink metal building used to house boats long ago along the railroad tracks is the Lucky Lure. Open concept, dive bar, train shots, etc.

-Old Sip is the relocated Matador from downtown. Almost done actually, prob few days.

-Hammered Lamb is within few weeks.

-Expect lots of biking and bouncing around. Great vibrancy between the 3, bar hopping, etc. Plus the addition to regulars needing to relocate from downtown to neighborhood location for their favorite watering hole and favorite 'tenders. Matador crowd and Stardust crowd.

Is there another business set to open where Logan's Bistro was in the same strip as Sip/Matador?

Also, does anyone have an arial or at least the bordering streets for this Lake Highland town center site?  I can't picture it.

Scott J said this was the replacement back in August but I've heard nothing since:

http://www.scottjosephorlando.com/index.php/news/1878-santiago-s-bodega-will-fill-logan-s-bistro-space

Also, I drove around in that area today (Alden Rd., Brookhaven, Lake Highland Dr., etc.,) and I was amazed at all the new athletic fields but I apparently missed the spot for a town center unless it's behind one of their myriad fences with tarps. It would be a fascinating addition if it's still a go.

Ivanhoe Village really needs some quality infill development.

The Virgina Drive / Orange Avenue intersection is a total waste in it's current state -- parking lots. A "Thornton Park Central" like development would go a long way in catipulating this neighbor forward.

I'd love to see what Ustler could do for this little corner of town.

I'm all for this as long as they don't mess with Brian's - love me some sweet buns for breakfast!

Photos on the Hammered Lamb facebook lead me to believe its at least a month out. They seem to be doing serious work on the space, and the floor is torn out down to dirt.  

They just posted today "Opening in 7-10 days!!!"  They must have some pretty intense people on-site.

• 1 month later...

Was browsing the MPB agenda, and came across The Venue at 511 Virginia Drive.  It's a small bar area with a performance space in the back.  Has anyone been here?  

Looks like they just got a conditional use permit to serve alcohol.  Could bring some life to this usually quiet strip between (future) Mills Park and Ivanhoe Row.  This is their official site.

post-25309-0-95310900-1361374106_thumb.g

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not exactly Ivanhoe Village since Florida Hospital considers that area the Health Village, so not sure if this is the best place to post.  There is something fairly large going up along I-4 near Rollins St.  There is definitely a garage component and looks likely to be an apartment complex.  I remember seeing posts and renderings for workforce dwellings in that area, but don't recall the name of the development.  Anyone?

Not exactly Ivanhoe Village since Florida Hospital considers that area the Health Village, so not sure if this is the best place to post.  There is something fairly large going up along I-4 near Rollins St.  There is definitely a garage component and looks likely to be an apartment complex.  I remember seeing posts and renderings for workforce dwellings in that area, but don't recall the name of the development.  Anyone?

Check out the "Health Village" forum. http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.php/topic/52754-florida-hospital-health-village/ The development I believe is called The Ivy Residences at Florida Hospital.