The Yard at Ivanhoe | Mixed-Use [Under Construction]

orlandoguy

• 5 weeks later...

Plus there's a fairly steep slope going up behind these buildings to the train tracks and into the development, visually adding another story to the project. It should look less looming once the buildings around it are completed and the garage is lined with apartments articulated by windows and balconies.

I personally love how tall The Yard is and how it—along with Mills Park to the east—bookends Virginia. Should be a big catalyst for the area...and will hopefully prompt a Lymmo expansion soon.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sunshine said:

If one doesnt like beer/alcohol and tacos, what is there to do in Virginia?

Buy flags, meat, hippie stuff, get your hair done, nails done, do glass art, work at a creative agency, meet with your union brothers and sisters, do yoga, visit a financial advisor, buy a car, get your clothes drycleaned,  buy midmod furniture, plan a function,  eat great food, share shop space and tools, and attend theatre/cabaret/burlesque/concerts to name a few things.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, smileguy said:

Buy flags, meat, hippie stuff, get your hair done, nails done, do glass art, work at a creative agency, meet with your union brothers and sisters, do yoga, visit a financial advisor, buy a car, get your clothes drycleaned,  buy midmod furniture, plan a function,  eat great food, share shop space and tools, and attend theatre/cabaret/burlesque/concerts to name a few things.

And sing, "Look for the Union Label" at the IBEW although I think they're moving.

5 hours ago, smileguy said:

You left out slurpees and pumping premium gas.

• Like 1

LOL....   so it is like sipping coffee at Starbucks...buying pottery at Pottery Barn...shopping for cookware at William .... eating my french crossia...while looking at Tiffany Lamps collection...

joking aside, I dont mind an ale house at The Yard, maybe it will help drive down the price of the tapas and tacos in Virginia.

• Like 1

Colonial Plaza is pretty close. I actually visit the one in Winter Park pretty much every Thursday (Prime Rib night). Let's be honest, Ale House would probably be more popular than many of the current restaurants (I'm looking at you Firebirds). 

Does The Yard have any restaurant spaces in it? 

19 minutes ago, prahaboheme said:

I'm actually a bit surprised that there isn't an Ale House within the downtown limits.

Perhaps World of Beer has that "market" cornered.

I continue to be impressed by how busy WOB is - it's certainly very different from anything else in that space over the last 50 years I've paid attention.

Edited by spenser1058

11 minutes ago, klstorey said:

Colonial Plaza is pretty close. I actually visit the one in Winter Park pretty much every Thursday (Prime Rib night). Let's be honest, Ale House would probably be more popular than many of the current restaurants (I'm looking at you Firebirds). 

Does The Yard have any restaurant spaces in it? 

I hit the E Colonial Ale House often.  Most of the management moved over from the Waterford one.   Its usually packed.  Better than Firebirds which always seems to be empty despite its awesome Prime Rib.

10 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

I continue to be impressed by how busy WOB continues to be - it's certainly very different from anything else in that space over the last 50 years I've paid attention.

Despite the sewage smell.

• Like 1