The Yard at Ivanhoe | Mixed-Use [Under Construction]

orlandoguy

9 hours ago, cwetteland said:

All along  I've been thinking that the Yard was being built in two phases.  Phase one is what we see now well out of the ground, and phase two was the North end (north of the garage).  Went by there to day and see significant  foundation work going on in the North end.  Most of it several feet lower below grade than previous work.  Anyone know specifics?  Also looking good is the red brick work on the restaurant (or food hall) south of the tanks.

The north portion is part of phase one. I think they've just been using that piece of land as they build the majority of the structure. As we've seen with a lot of these projects, they will probably do some subphases allowing them to start leasing as they are finishing out the project.  Phase 2 is South of Virginia. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 12:41 AM, smileguy said:

The north portion is part of phase one. I think they've just been using that piece of land as they build the majority of the structure. As we've seen with a lot of these projects, they will probably do some subphases allowing them to start leasing as they are finishing out the project.  Phase 2 is South of Virginia. 

ah, I didn't realize there was a phase 2 south of Virginia.  Is that a long term phase or something they plan on starting when this phase is finished?

• 1 month later...

Any ideas on what apartments are going to cost?  I emailed them and they said they'd have it all posted before May. 

I really wish this was a condo building, or at least had a condo option opposed to just apartments. I feel like I'm throwing money away with rent. 

While I'm not a huge fan of The Yard and the new Lake House across the street, the construction of the Yard makes it look solid with all of the concrete. Hopefully you won't be able to hear all of your neighbors like you can at most of the other apartments in the area. 

• Like 2

I feel like I'm the only person left who likes this project (lol read the first 10 pages of this thread when everyone was talking about how great the design was). I think the Yard and Lake House are going to be very sought after by folks who feel a little too "old" for downtown proper but want to live a more urban/walkable life.  I assume they'll price the units that way (ie kinda expensive) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Universe_Explorer said:

I feel like I'm the only person left who likes this project (lol read the first 10 pages of this thread when everyone was talking about how great the design was). I think the Yard and Lake House are going to be very sought after by folks who feel a little too "old" for downtown proper but want to live a more urban/walkable life.  I assume they'll price the units that way (ie kinda expensive) 

I think it’s going to be a fantastic addition to the area.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, sethM said:

I really wish this was a condo building, or at least had a condo option opposed to just apartments. I feel like I'm throwing money away with rent. 

While I'm not a huge fan of The Yard and the new Lake House across the street, the construction of the Yard makes it look solid with all of the concrete. Hopefully you won't be able to hear all of your neighbors like you can at most of the other apartments in the area

Gotta love the 5am sunrail heading south. Also, the virginia coal train southbound 4am three times a week heading to dallas blvd. But hey, choo choo to all their own.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jgardnerucf said:

Gotta love the 5am sunrail heading south. Also, the virginia coal train southbound 4am three times a week heading to dallas blvd. But hey, choo choo to all their own.

Ha - I attended a SunRail workshop at the Doubletree years ago and just thought, “Oh SunRail...these are not your people.”   Every third review of that hotel is complaints about trains 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cwetteland said:

A question for the all knowing:  The Yard building out front of the  two tanks, is it a restaurant?  It looks more like a market hall, a la East End or Plant St Market.  I like the brick work.  They now have steel beams up for the second floor.  

Not sure but the owners of Tampa’s Franklin Street Hall are expanding to Orlando and placing a food hall at the Yard. So it very well might be the building you’re talking about.

• Like 1

I don't think the train would be that bad unless you're living on the first couple stories directly on the tracks. On a higher floor or anywhere not directly facing it probably won't be too bad. 

I'm not sure which price would price out the yuppies. Reading the reviews at places near Orange and 50, I don't think rent prices are too much of a deterrent to the people you don't really want as neighbors. I'm really expecting a 1/1 to cost $1700 here, but perhaps we will see demand decrease before the end of the year.  

I lived on the west side of 55 West for 5 years.  It was still loud, but loud in the way so were the DJs playing music.  Background noise.  It really doesn't interfere with your life at all.  Never once was woken up by it or anything.  You may have to pause your movie for like 5 seconds while the whistle is literally right next to you

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sunshine said:

IS there a 9 stories building still missing in the pic? What is on the north side of the garage?

I haven't really figured it out. The north portion is enormous but the front side doesn't have any windows. Perhaps it'll be a separate building built infront of that with more apartments? The plans say the North portion will have parking on the first and second floor. 

It'd also be really nice if they made the back portion into a SunRail stop, it's a pretty ideal location. 

Edited by sethM

1 hour ago, sunshine said:

IS there a 9 stories building still missing in the pic? What is on the north side of the garage?

I wondered about this too.  Perhaps they want to get the present portion up and running first, and then finish out the northern section afterwards.

On 3/20/2019 at 12:27 AM, AndyPok1 said:

I lived on the west side of 55 West for 5 years.  It was still loud, but loud in the way so were the DJs playing music.  Background noise.  It really doesn't interfere with your life at all.  Never once was woken up by it or anything.  You may have to pause your movie for like 5 seconds while the whistle is literally right next to you

This was pretty much my experience living in Uptown as well; briefly annoying, then it just fades into background noise.