The Yard at Ivanhoe | Mixed-Use [Under Construction]

orlandoguy

45 minutes ago, codypet said:

If they time it right, they can make it so it stop vehicles short of the tracks and clear the intersections when the gates start to go down.

The light at Virginia/Orange is timed correctly already, as soon as the train arms start coming down the light turns green to clear the cars on Virginia, then Orange goes green (without the turn light) until the train has passed. They'll just need to sync the new light up. 

• 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, cwetteland said:

IMO, looking at the state of construction, I see no way it opens in 2019.

The apartments that face south and west look like they could potentially be done in 7-8 months. The ones facing south (overlooking the food hall) are already enclosed, just needing an interior. The ones facing west (to the railroad tracks) range from needing a complete wall to just needing the window and interior.  However if they opened those  up I'm not sure how residents would avoid the rest of the construction.  

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks like they're making progress - It seems like their new plan is to have parts opening up Jan 1. They've been really slow filling in the apartments facing the train tracks, I had originally thought they'd start knocking them out pretty quickly. 

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, dcluley98 said:

@IAmFloridaBorn

Great pictures, dude! 

What is the vantage-point for the 4th that is adjacent to the SunRail line and shows our skyline so well? 

I would think the main tower of Florida Hospital. *(ahem Advent-Health Orlando)

Florida Hospital Parking Garage. The one that starts with an A. 4th and 5th floors

• 3 weeks later...

Well I was able to get some pricing information; 1 bedrooms start around $1800 and 2 bedrooms at $2500. I can’t imagine them filling all 600 units at those rates. 

The Princeton down the road on Edgewater is a solid $3/400 less and still has 110 of their 206 units listed on Zillow, they’re also offering a free month and some other promotions. It’s worse if the 110 units aren’t including all of the ones they have available. 

Edited by sethM
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, sethM said:

Well I was able to get some pricing information; 1 bedrooms start around $1800 and 2 bedrooms at $2500. I can’t imagine them filling all 600 units at those rates. 

The Princeton down the road on Edgewater is a solid $3/400 less and still has 110 of their 206 units listed on Zillow, they’re also offering a free month and some other promotions. It’s worse if the 110 units aren’t including all of the ones they have available. 

That's higher than DT! Modera 1 bedrooms start around $1650 - although they are small w/ no balconies. Oy...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bqknight said:

That's higher than DT! Modera 1 bedrooms start around $1650 - although they are small w/ no balconies. Oy...

That was my thought, way too high. Perhaps these are just high prices to gouge the early birds in additions to the units surely not being ready. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sethM said:

Interesting, same rent figures planned at Modera, 520, and Radius.  I wonder why they think Ivanhoe = Downtown?

9 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

Although they’re trying to kill it with all these soulless mid-rises, Ivanhoe has a funky quality to it that makes it more interesting than downtown in many ways (and I say that as someone who’s lived downtown since God was a child).

...that music store is the biggiddy bomb

• Like 1

To some, Ivanhoe is a *gasp* more attractive place to live.   You get the density, great restaurants and chill bars, close to the Urban Trail and Gaston Edwards for running, get a skyline view, but don't have to deal with traffic, road closures, noise, rowdy nightlife of downtown, and can easily slip onto I-4 or walk/ride your bike a half mile to Sunrail.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1