Jump to content

orlandoguy

The Yard at Ivanhoe | Mixed-Use [Proposed]

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, cwetteland said:

All along  I've been thinking that the Yard was being built in two phases.  Phase one is what we see now well out of the ground, and phase two was the North end (north of the garage).  Went by there to day and see significant  foundation work going on in the North end.  Most of it several feet lower below grade than previous work.  Anyone know specifics?  Also looking good is the red brick work on the restaurant (or food hall) south of the tanks.

The north portion is part of phase one. I think they've just been using that piece of land as they build the majority of the structure. As we've seen with a lot of these projects, they will probably do some subphases allowing them to start leasing as they are finishing out the project.  Phase 2 is South of Virginia. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 12:41 AM, smileguy said:

The north portion is part of phase one. I think they've just been using that piece of land as they build the majority of the structure. As we've seen with a lot of these projects, they will probably do some subphases allowing them to start leasing as they are finishing out the project.  Phase 2 is South of Virginia. 

ah, I didn't realize there was a phase 2 south of Virginia.  Is that a long term phase or something they plan on starting when this phase is finished?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, about 2 years ago they renewed everyone's lease for 5 years, so there is time.  The phase runs from Alden  a good ways East, with a cutout so the Hideaway can live up to its name.  Hideaway is about midway between the East and West ends

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any ideas on what apartments are going to cost?  I emailed them and they said they'd have it all posted before May. 

 

I really wish this was a condo building, or at least had a condo option opposed to just apartments. I feel like I'm throwing money away with rent. 

 

While I'm not a huge fan of The Yard and the new Lake House across the street, the construction of the Yard makes it look solid with all of the concrete. Hopefully you won't be able to hear all of your neighbors like you can at most of the other apartments in the area. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like I'm the only person left who likes this project (lol read the first 10 pages of this thread when everyone was talking about how great the design was). I think the Yard and Lake House are going to be very sought after by folks who feel a little too "old" for downtown proper but want to live a more urban/walkable life.  I assume they'll price the units that way (ie kinda expensive) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Universe_Explorer said:

I feel like I'm the only person left who likes this project (lol read the first 10 pages of this thread when everyone was talking about how great the design was). I think the Yard and Lake House are going to be very sought after by folks who feel a little too "old" for downtown proper but want to live a more urban/walkable life.  I assume they'll price the units that way (ie kinda expensive) 

I think it’s going to be a fantastic addition to the area.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, sethM said:

I really wish this was a condo building, or at least had a condo option opposed to just apartments. I feel like I'm throwing money away with rent. 

 

While I'm not a huge fan of The Yard and the new Lake House across the street, the construction of the Yard makes it look solid with all of the concrete. Hopefully you won't be able to hear all of your neighbors like you can at most of the other apartments in the area

Gotta love the 5am sunrail heading south. Also, the virginia coal train southbound 4am three times a week heading to dallas blvd. But hey, choo choo to all their own.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jgardnerucf said:

Gotta love the 5am sunrail heading south. Also, the virginia coal train southbound 4am three times a week heading to dallas blvd. But hey, choo choo to all their own.

Ha - I attended a SunRail workshop at the Doubletree years ago and just thought, “Oh SunRail...these are not your people.”   Every third review of that hotel is complaints about trains 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A question for the all knowing:  The Yard building out front of the  two tanks, is it a restaurant?  It looks more like a market hall, a la East End or Plant St Market.  I like the brick work.  They now have steel beams up for the second floor.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, cwetteland said:

A question for the all knowing:  The Yard building out front of the  two tanks, is it a restaurant?  It looks more like a market hall, a la East End or Plant St Market.  I like the brick work.  They now have steel beams up for the second floor.  

Not sure but the owners of Tampa’s Franklin Street Hall are expanding to Orlando and placing a food hall at the Yard. So it very well might be the building you’re talking about.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think the train would be that bad unless you're living on the first couple stories directly on the tracks. On a higher floor or anywhere not directly facing it probably won't be too bad. 

 

I'm not sure which price would price out the yuppies. Reading the reviews at places near Orange and 50, I don't think rent prices are too much of a deterrent to the people you don't really want as neighbors. I'm really expecting a 1/1 to cost $1700 here, but perhaps we will see demand decrease before the end of the year.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 2 A.M. freight train is that bad. SunRail, not so bad. The freight train shakes my building in SteelHouse, and I am in the building that fronts Orange, not the one close to the tracks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I lived on the west side of 55 West for 5 years.  It was still loud, but loud in the way so were the DJs playing music.  Background noise.  It really doesn't interfere with your life at all.  Never once was woken up by it or anything.  You may have to pause your movie for like 5 seconds while the whistle is literally right next to you

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sunshine said:

IS there a 9 stories building still missing in the pic? What is on the north side of the garage?

I haven't really figured it out. The north portion is enormous but the front side doesn't have any windows. Perhaps it'll be a separate building built infront of that with more apartments? The plans say the North portion will have parking on the first and second floor. 

 

It'd also be really nice if they made the back portion into a SunRail stop, it's a pretty ideal location. 

Edited by sethM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sunshine said:

IS there a 9 stories building still missing in the pic? What is on the north side of the garage?

I wondered about this too.  Perhaps they want to get the present portion up and running first, and then finish out the northern section afterwards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Phase 2 is triangular shaped 9&7 story building on the north side of the property. Has not started yet. 

Pages from MPBStaffReport_ABN2014-4_CUP2015-1_MPL2014-41rv3_Page_2.jpg

Pages from MPBStaffReport_ABN2014-4_CUP2015-1_MPL2014-41rv3_Page_1.jpg

Edited by dcluley98

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm following, in Phase 1, just the Western most portion has been built on the North end. Still missing the middle two buildings and front. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/20/2019 at 12:27 AM, AndyPok1 said:

I lived on the west side of 55 West for 5 years.  It was still loud, but loud in the way so were the DJs playing music.  Background noise.  It really doesn't interfere with your life at all.  Never once was woken up by it or anything.  You may have to pause your movie for like 5 seconds while the whistle is literally right next to you

This was pretty much my experience living in Uptown as well; briefly annoying, then it just fades into background noise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By simplydinner
      Whether you are 20 something and tired of getting the wrong end of Cupid's arrow or in your 50s and ready to spend the "Best Years of your Life" with someone special and everything in between, Simply Dinner has the event for you. With 10 categories to choose from, Simply Dinner can help you find the person of your dreams today. 
       
       
      Categories include: 
      Smarts, Substance & Sex Appeal (ages 20s and 30s) 
      Mix It Up   (ages 30s and 40s)
      Single? Let's Mingle (Ages 40s and 50s)
      Single Side Up (Age 50+)
      Single and Single-Again (Christian Singles)
      Hunks of Hollywood (Gay Men Only)
      Speed Date-Her (Lesbians Only)
      Marriage Minded (Successful Men/Younger Women)
      Cougar Town (Older Women/Younger Men)
      It's an Urban Thing! (African Americans Only)

       
      Sign up is quick, easy and free until April 30th
       
       
      Sign up today and catch a little Spring fever
       www.simplydinner.net,
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.