The Yard at Ivanhoe | Mixed-Use [Under Construction]

orlandoguy

24 minutes ago, jgardnerucf said:

"Let's go downtownnnnn, order an uberrrrr, omgg... Your beard is soooo hotttttt... The show at wills tonight is sick, brunch tomrw morn most def at santiagos... See you at guesthouse Samantha!... Omg, you haven't showered in days either, so hip!" Nice koi fish sleeve you just got!..."

dude, did you just serve me a fruity drink at a pop up tiki bar... :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, jgardnerucf said:

"Let's go downtownnnnn, order an uberrrrr, omgg... Your beard is soooo hotttttt... The show at wills tonight is sick, brunch tomrw morn most def at santiagos... See you at guesthouse Samantha!... Omg, you haven't showered in days either, so hip!" Nice koi fish sleeve you just got!..."

Hey neighbor!

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

How ‘bout all those colors, JFW? It’s certainly not bland!

I like them, though I'm guessing they aren't the final finish colors.

The yellow is insulation board that will be covered with some kind of masonry coating. Don't know what the light blue is.

I'm expecting it all to end up some shade of beige or tan.

A light mud color, maybe.

Anything but white.

I hate white buildings.

• Like 1

It's going to be brown and red/orange. The color of steel, and rust and industrial yards. 

The design actually looks kind of cool how they integrated a lot of the surrounding elements into it, but we shall see how it turns out in real life.  A bit cliche as well. I would like to see more actual design that stands out than the same old dreck, but only time will tell what holds up. 

3 minutes ago, dcluley98 said:

It's going to be brown and red/orange. The color of steel, and rust and industrial yards. 

The design actually looks kind of cool how they integrated a lot of the surrounding elements into it, but we shall see how it turns out in real life.  A bit cliche as well. I would like to see more actual design that stands out than the same old dreck, but only time will tell what holds up. 

I hope its brick and not more stucco

• Like 1

The green/yellow will be gone soon, it's just up while they finish the outside cinder blocks. I have to imagine the blue is a primer. 

The big plus of this place is the concrete, the only drywall walls will be interior walls of apartments like between the kitchen and the bedroom. 

1 hour ago, codypet said:

Believe it or not its tarps.  I got a good close look at it when I went to eat at the Hideaway the other day.

Yeah, after looking more closely at the pic you can see the wrinkles in it. It's definitely some kind of flexible sheet material. Possibly an adhesive backed, stick on/peel off type thing.

On 6/5/2019 at 10:30 AM, spenser1058 said:

I’m sure there are exceptions out there and, in the end people should be where they are most happy. I just wonder what kind of communities we’re building in these soulless edifices.

I apparently skipped over a bunch of this thread at some point, but just want to come back to this because I find it such an odd statement.

Yeah, I'd love a downtown condo.  They cost half a mil.  So I bought a house less than 2 miles away for half that.  Even getting enough money to be able to buy that took 5 years.  So I lived in an apartment... downtown... where I like to be.  I feel like that's absolutely natural.

What's the other option?  Live in the suburbs paying super cheap rent for those 5 years hating my life so that eventually I can buy that downtown condo?

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, orlandouprise said:

I actually really like this project. Very handsome IMO and am looking forward to seeing this completed with the new food hall.

I agree - this one could easily fit in well in a number of southern cities, or even mountain west cities. I’ve always thought that a part of Orlando’s advantage is that it’s a non-traditional large metro in FL (ie it’s non-coastal). Orlando should embrace this rather then trying to be more coastal. 

No better example of this than in Ivanhoe with its lakes and beautiful pines.

Edited by prahaboheme
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...