The Yard at Ivanhoe | Mixed-Use [Under Construction]

orlandoguy

On 8/19/2019 at 8:37 PM, popsiclebrandon said:

Is that across the street where the performance space is and their staging area is now?

It appears to be the area called "The Venue" and was mentioned way back here- https://bungalower.com/2019/01/21/the-venue-announces-closure-in-face-of-the-yard-expansion/

The plan for this space currently is 16,550 square feet of retail space on the ground floor with two floors of upstairs apartments with surface parking.

The GS article below mentions the Yard is a total of 57k retail space, but only the food hall at 13k is signed.

I'm wondering if they will ever move forward with the 3 acre 2nd phase across Virginia that wraps around the Hideaway. It sure seems the 2nd phase would overwhelm the area as traffic is already a major issue.

https://www.growthspotter.com/news/downtown-orlando-developments/gs-news-yard-ivanhoe-infill-20190823-mquhcnmlj5cmjgazwieyu7263u-story.html

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, AmIReal said:

It appears to be the area called "The Venue" and was mentioned way back here- https://bungalower.com/2019/01/21/the-venue-announces-closure-in-face-of-the-yard-expansion/

The plan for this space currently is 16,550 square feet of retail space on the ground floor with two floors of upstairs apartments with surface parking.

The GS article below mentions the Yard is a total of 57k retail space, but only the food hall at 13k is signed.

I'm wondering if they will ever move forward with the 3 acre 2nd phase across Virginia that wraps around the Hideaway. It sure seems the 2nd phase would overwhelm the area as traffic is already a major issue.

https://www.growthspotter.com/news/downtown-orlando-developments/gs-news-yard-ivanhoe-infill-20190823-mquhcnmlj5cmjgazwieyu7263u-story.html

That is where I was assuming. That is a lot of additional retail, very interesting. I wonder how much longer it will take for this to open after the original building.

The other yard project is a different developer so while I'm sure Crossman is waiting to see occupancy rates its not directly tied.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, gibby said:

The Crossman site project is awesome but I'm surprised that the existing 533 Brookhaven building is not considered historic.  It was built in 1925 and the City staff report kinda brushes over it like it's no big deal.

Always loved that building. If it was on Virginia I think it has a different fate.

Much like downtown Winter Garden was saved because FL 50 passed it by and caused the sprawl to grow there while Plant St sat mostly untouched until it was rescued in the ‘90’s, the Ivanhoe area was mostly left alone after US 17-92 was completed.

What was then Florida Sanitarium was growing much more slowly then and Loch Haven Park was mostly empty until the ‘70’s.

Sadly, where families in Winter Garden like the Ropers led the charge to save Plant St., Bulldozer Buddy has no similar interest in the many deco-esque gems sprinkled around Ivanhoe.

Individually, they aren’t significant (my favorite was the Howard Johnson’s restaurant from the era) but, taken together, could have been something very special. Once Fairchild was taken out, we realized preservation was doomed. 

Oh well, hopefully the Stalinesque towers we’re getting will at least be affordable but I doubt it. We get the community we ask for, right?

5 hours ago, popsiclebrandon said:

Its moving. I could see some units being ready in Nov.

I'd really like to see inside a few units to see how far along they are. I'm sure they could wrap up all the exterior and landscape work to get CO within 10 weeks- if they hustle. With that said, they sure look to be a long ways from the finish line to me.

• 3 weeks later...

Any updates on this place, are they still planning on moving the first renters in by the end of the year? It looks like they've made a lot of progress on the outside but still a long ways to go. 

I'd imagine they're still struggling to find people to sign leases, it'd be great to hear from someone in the know who will talk candidly about it. Not to mention a 2 bedroom at this place is just about $700 more than The Gallery which is right down the road.  

What about Lake House? I feel like that project is getting ready to pass The Yard by as far as completion. Judging by their current pace they probably have 2-3 more months of hauling concrete sections in before they just have to do the furnishing and landscaping type of work which I'd imagine would take 3-6 months. 

Edited by sethM

Phase 3 Master Plan was submitted to the MPB for review on October 15, as reported in Bungalower link above. This phase is a 3 story mixed use building fronting Virginia with 16,550 SF of Restaurant Space on the ground floor and loft style apartments on the 2nd and 3rd floors. This phase is directly across from the Hideaway and has residential parking and service drive at the back of the parcel with the frontage directly abutting the sidewalks adjacent to Virginia. Also included in the plan is outdoor patio area/seating with covered awnings for the two restaurants and a small pocket-park on the corner of Alden and Virginia.  The project will be named The Yard - 511. 

MPL2019-10055_Project_Overview_Page_3.png

MPL2019-10055_Project_Overview_Page_4.png

MPL2019-10055_Project_Overview_Page_5.png

Edited by dcluley98
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, dcluley98 said:

Phase 3 Master Plan was submitted to the MPB for review on October 15, as reported in Bungalower link above. This phase is a 3 story mixed use building fronting Virginia with 16,550 SF of Restaurant Space on the ground floor and loft style apartments on the 2nd and 3rd floors. This phase is directly across from the Hideaway and has residential parking and service drive at the back of the parcel with the frontage directly abutting the sidewalks adjacent to Virginia. Also included in the plan is outdoor patio area/seating with covered awnings for the two restaurants and a small pocket-park on the corner of Alden and Virginia.  The project will be named The Yard - 511. 

MPL2019-10055_Project_Overview_Page_3.png

MPL2019-10055_Project_Overview_Page_4.png

MPL2019-10055_Project_Overview_Page_5.png

I know some folks are unhappy about the loss of the venue currently in that space, but this is a really nice offering that will further activate the street. On the downside the traffic is going to be unmanageable.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Apartments are now listed on Zillow, some listed as "now available" which I'm sure is a mistake. Others list as being available in November.

1/1s start around $1600 which is a little lower than previously reported. 2 bedrooms still start just under $2,500 /month which IMO is way too high.

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 1:59 PM, sethM said:

Apartments are now listed on Zillow, some listed as "now available" which I'm sure is a mistake. Others list as being available in November.

1/1s start around $1600 which is a little lower than previously reported. 2 bedrooms still start just under $2,500 /month which IMO is way too high.

I believe you are mistaken young lad. Studios start at $1600 and 1/1s start at about $1800.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, FastX said:

I believe you are mistaken young lad. Studios start at $1600 and 1/1s start at about $1800.

You're somewhat right old man, Zillow lists the studio as a one bedroom, the cheapest apartment with a bedroom door is $1,722.

The prices are crazy either way. If you go a few blocks away you can rent a 2k sqft house for $300 less than the cheapest two bedroom they offer.

Edited by sethM

On 10/15/2019 at 1:59 PM, sethM said:

Cheaper than all of the new ones open downtown. Cheapest 2 bed at Citi is over $2600.

According to their site which has a nice interactive availability thing there will be some units avail Nov 15/16 then the rest in the first phase Dec 16.