The Yard at Ivanhoe | Mixed-Use [Under Construction]

orlandoguy

3 hours ago, popsiclebrandon said:

I would be surprised by this. Only one of the original tenants is possibly pulling out and they already have the replacement lined up. They still have 2 spots to fill.

I guess I wonder how committed the two I spoke with were about going forward. Maybe they had been kicking tires, but never signed on- though that is not the impression they have been giving. I'm sure I'll talk to one of them again this week so I'll see if I can got more info.

Are spaces still supposed to be turned over to vendors in the next few month?

15 minutes ago, AmIReal said:

I guess I wonder how committed the two I spoke with were about going forward. Maybe they had been kicking tires, but never signed on- though that is not the impression they have been giving. I'm sure I'll talk to one of them again this week so I'll see if I can got more info.

Are spaces still supposed to be turned over to vendors in the next few month?

Told Jan so we've been working off a Feb timeline.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/18/2019 at 10:49 AM, sunshine said:

I think the issue is people want to live in the city center and want to pay low rents.  They can move to Metrowest and Altamonte for that kind of deal.

rent is pretty much scaling up to be the same in those areas lmaoooo 

apartments on Oakridge are starting to up over $1k.. way over what it should be for that area

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 1:43 AM, W7edwin said:

rent is pretty much scaling up to be the same in those areas lmaoooo 

apartments on Oakridge are starting to up over $1k.. way over what it should be for that area

It's nuts.  I posted in the press thread about helping a friend's daughter find a place (they are going through a medical crisis with the girl's grandparent, so we're stepping in to assist) and it is insane to look at apartments after decades.  You can't find a cheap place in the burbs any more.  You can't go to a slightly less attractive place.  It's expensive or it is a roach motel.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HankStrong said:

It's nuts.  I posted in the press thread about helping a friend's daughter find a place (they are going through a medical crisis with the girl's grandparent, so we're stepping in to assist) and it is insane to look at apartments after decades.  You can't find a cheap place in the burbs any more.  You can't go to a slightly less attractive place.  It's expensive or it is a roach motel.

In 1985, I rented a small one bedroom place on E. Pine and Summerlin for $185 a month. In 1993, I moved one block south to E. Church and Summerlin. Rented the entire top half of a two story, two bedroom duplex, for $360 a month. When the owner sold it in 1998, the new owner raised the rent to $550, so I moved out then bought my house a couple of months later.

If I still had to pay rent, I'd have to live with roommates. 

Any estimates on when this thing will open? I went by the other day and I'm not sure how close they really are. Seems like the food hall needs to open first since it's on the end. The apartments on that end look to mostly be done but still need a bit of work. Then you go to the next bit and it's a long way away, probably at least six months. 

Could they open part of the building to residents while still having construction going on 100' down the hallway? 

21 hours ago, sethM said:

Any estimates on when this thing will open? I went by the other day and I'm not sure how close they really are. Seems like the food hall needs to open first since it's on the end. The apartments on that end look to mostly be done but still need a bit of work. Then you go to the next bit and it's a long way away, probably at least six months. 

Could they open part of the building to residents while still having construction going on 100' down the hallway? 

I think with the phasing of this project, they are technically separate buildings. The south end could potentially get C of O with active construction happening on the north end.   They have units on their website that say they're available Dec. 16.

1 hour ago, smileguy said:

I think with the phasing of this project, they are technically separate buildings. The south end could potentially get C of O with active construction happening on the north end.   They have units on their website that say they're available Dec. 16.

I’ll have to see if there’s some sort of clear divide between the North and South ends. The other issue would be regarding parking, they might be able to open a portion of the building but I’m not sure where everyone would park with the parking garage likely being a ways away from it’s opening. 

4 hours ago, sethM said:

I’ll have to see if there’s some sort of clear divide between the North and South ends. The other issue would be regarding parking, they might be able to open a portion of the building but I’m not sure where everyone would park with the parking garage likely being a ways away from it’s opening. 

It’s possible you might not see the divide you’re looking for. If there’s enough egress and the life safety systems are in place for the South End the time could be good to go 

15 hours ago, popsiclebrandon said:

Dogtopia official now. 3 spots wrapping up leases now should be done in the next few weeks. The 2 spots closed to Alden left to be filled.

yardretail128.PNG

4500 feet of doggy care...!? I'm assuming the green space beside them will also be "occupied".

What's the word on the food hall?  I think you had previously said spots would be turned over in Nov. Any update?

32 minutes ago, AmIReal said:

4500 feet of doggy care...!? I'm assuming the green space beside them will also be "occupied".

What's the word on the food hall?  I think you had previously said spots would be turned over in Nov. Any update?

They do boarding and all that stuff. I assume like half is for that plus a probably pretty large play area for them. I would expect them to do very well even if their rent is nearly $25k a month.

Buildings are moving along. I don't think we see tenant turnover til Feb at the earliest but some buildings will be done sooner than others. I think the food hall is working with the yard folks to build it out so that probably won't open til fall at earliest.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, sethM said:

Any ETA updates? Seems like the food hall is still a few months away at best, still needing walls and a roof. 

They still have March 1 listed as move in for the first units, I guess we will see how true that is in a week but I'm doubtful. 

It looks like the only units available for move-in are south of the parking garage.  Conceivable that they'd be finished, but who wants to live on a construction site?

On 2/25/2020 at 7:24 PM, smileguy said:

It looks like the only units available for move-in are south of the parking garage.  Conceivable that they'd be finished, but who wants to live on a construction site?

That was my thought too, construction on both sides of you. I have to imagine there’s a lot of people who had signed leases for last October who have gotten frustrated and moved on.

EDIT - Their website now lists April 15th as the first move in date. 

Edited by sethM

• sunshine changed the title to The Yard at Ivanhoe | Mixed-Use [Under Construction]
18 hours ago, popsiclebrandon said:

Few updates

No one has moved in, they are hoping to get the CO this week.

Jeni's pulled out of the deal so that space is now unleased as well.

I wouldn't expect food hall to open til very late this year at the earliest but prob next year

Last apts wont finish til 2021.

I really liked Jenni's. Had it everytime I would go to Columbus .