The Yard at Ivanhoe | Mixed-Use [Under Construction]

orlandoguy

• 1 month later...

It's been under construction for a good two months.   I drive by there a few times a week on the "new" Alden Rd and it's been an active site since before Christmas.  Foundation with plumbing and rebar protruding has been visible for well over a month.  Cinder blocks for some of the out buildings have been shoulder high for weeks.  Last week the concrete pump truck was busy with cement trucks coming in about 10 minutes apart.  I don't know what was permitted but they sure weren't waiting on the permit.

Edited by cwetteland
  • Like 2

What's vertical?  3 feet? 5 feet?    It hasn't been just drainage, sewers if that's what you mean.  It's been  building specific conduit and  plumbing 3 '- 4' above grade.  Cinder block construction has been going on for at least  3 weeks, easily 5' as of Monday.   Last week, the goose-neck pumper was there and during a 30 minute period I saw at least 4  cement trucks.  No indication that this was a special 30 minutes.

The cinder block construction might be a separate retail/restaurant structure closer to Alden Rd, so possibly covered by a different permit. ???  But the the vertical plumbing / conduit (2-3 weeks) is from the residential areas in numerous locations from the old tanks back to the cell tower.  

Admittedly, it's difficult to see it at street level.  The fencing has the green netting over it and the only good view is through the openings for construction vehicles.

Another theory, the big pump last week could be for the base(s) for a crane tower(s).  That might be a different permit.

Edited by cwetteland
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, alex said:

Those were just a few new views that weren't fully rendered. Based on this new marketing video, everything should still be there:

https://player.vimeo.com/video/229553401

Cool video. :thumbsup:

But based on these this screenshot from it...

theyardvid1.png

...I still don't see the logo across the top of the building as originally shown, or those two cylindrical tank/silo-looking objects that I'm guessing were inspired by the two shown in this pic...

theyardvid2.png

Hopefully they'll put them back in.

• Like 2

On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 10:41 AM, JFW657 said:

...I still don't see the logo across the top of the building as originally shown, or those two cylindrical tank/silo-looking objects that I'm guessing were inspired by the two shown in this pic...

If I remember right, the project name was on the west side of the building, facing the train tracks/Orange Avenue. The two silos/tanks are still there, so I assume they're staying.

• Thanks 1