The Yard at Ivanhoe | Mixed-Use [Under Construction]

orlandoguy

23 hours ago, popsiclebrandon said:

I wouldn't expect food hall to open til very late this year at the earliest but prob next year

Last apts wont finish til 2021.

Well hopefully they can at least get a few people moved in soon. With Lake House aiming to be fully complete by the end of the year I fear The Yard is going to take a while to lease apartments and fill out the food hall. 

I just can't stop thinking about how much money they must be bleeding on this project while they still haven't gotten to a point where they can start yielding any returns. 

Any clues on the reason for the slow downs? Money related, incompetence, something else? 

3 hours ago, AmIReal said:

With the lack of sleep and stress coming my way this year I will be aging rapidly.

12 minutes ago, sethM said:

Well hopefully they can at least get a few people moved in soon. With Lake House aiming to be fully complete by the end of the year I fear The Yard is going to take a while to lease apartments and fill out the food hall. 

I just can't stop thinking about how much money they must be bleeding on this project while they still haven't gotten to a point where they can start yielding any returns. 

Any clues on the reason for the slow downs? Money related, incompetence, something else? 

Probably a mix of contractor work and city inspectors being a pain. Projects like this almost never finish on time but they aren't too far back.

I think you might be underestimating how having the main parking garage for the entire neighborhood will create a huge advantage for this project. I very much am glad we didn't sign in Lake House, its a lot more hidden than I'd want to be for road facing retail.

17 hours ago, popsiclebrandon said:

I think you might be underestimating how having the main parking garage for the entire neighborhood will create a huge advantage for this project. I very much am glad we didn't sign in Lake House, its a lot more hidden than I'd want to be for road facing retail.

Oh I agree with you going there, I think the food hall would be a better choice for most tenants compared to Lake House. My post was more in relation to REID bleeding money on this project with how slowly it's been progressing. 

7 hours ago, orlandouprise said:

Why did they back out?

Wasn't Kelly's Homemade Ice cream going in the yard too?

Always been Jeni's. No clue why, they told us they signed.

7 hours ago, orlandouprise said:

Congrats! Hope you have much success. Love the fact you went with DAP for the buildout.  Those guys are top notch

5 hours ago, smileguy said:

It's gonna look great! Love the name dap are making for themselves in town - good folks!

We used them for our UCF store back when they were Process before Wes left so we've long been fans. We're doing a cross between Lyaness in London and Caffe Fernanda in Milan for the look of the space so havng them make that work in Orlando is a fun thing. Renderings still a bit away but will share when they are ready.

3 hours ago, sethM said:

Oh I agree with you going there, I think the food hall would be a better choice for most tenants compared to Lake House. My post was more in relation to REID bleeding money on this project with how slowly it's been progressing. 

I think originally they said it was like $75 mill project, now I'm seeing double that so thats crazy and can't imagine funding it but it looks like it should be a hit. I'm sure the push to get open the last few months has made some very anxious partners.

22 minutes ago, popsiclebrandon said:

We used them for our UCF store back when they were Process before Wes left so we've long been fans. We're doing a cross between Lyaness in London and Caffe Fernanda in Milan for the look of the space so havng them make that work in Orlando is a fun thing. Renderings still a bit away but will share when they are ready.

should be swanky. Love it! I lean more Lyaness myself. Love that look. Should go well with the foodhall decor

Let me know if you need help with countertops on your buildout. That's my calling

Edited by orlandouprise
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, popsiclebrandon said:

I think originally they said it was like $75 mill project, now I'm seeing double that so thats crazy and can't imagine funding it but it looks like it should be a hit. I'm sure the push to get open the last few months has made some very anxious partners.

$75 million was probably the hard costs. For a project of this size, it should be at least double all in. 

Edited by jack

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

Creativity is good - the dad of a friend of mine at Lake Silver had a combo Rexall -Goodyear store at Conway Plaza - drugs and tires. 

Makes sense.  The time it takes for CVS or Publix to fill a prescription,  Discount Tire could usually change all 4 tires.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2