The Yard at Ivanhoe | Mixed-Use [Under Construction]

orlandoguy

Zillow rental listing w/interior shots: https://www.zillow.com/b/the-yard-at-ivanhoe-orlando-fl-BTgk2T/

Huh. I was kind of expecting the rental units to be a bit more "industrial" looking (you know... exposed ductwork and support beams, concrete accent walls/ceilings, polished concrete floors, barn door, yada yada yada). The only industrial finishes I noticed were the ceiling fan in the bedroom and the light fixture over the dining table. Zero effort to offer something unique and different.

• Like 1

Zillow rental listing w/interior shots: https://www.zillow.com/b/the-yard-at-ivanhoe-orlando-fl-BTgk2T/
Huh. I was kind of expecting the rental units to be a bit more "industrial" looking (you know... exposed ductwork and support beams, concrete accent walls/ceilings, polished concrete floors, barn door, yada yada yada). The only industrial finishes I noticed were the ceiling fan in the bedroom and the light fixture over the dining table. Zero effort to offer something unique and different.

Agreed ... that’s decidedly nonindustrial.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
13 hours ago, Jerry95 said:

For the first time I’m actually excited to see how this space fills up.

It’d be cool if someone could put in a wine tasting room. Similar to Wine Room or GB’s but for wine. 

This has to be the slowest moving construction project in the world, but it does look good. 

26 minutes ago, sethM said:

It’d be cool if someone could put in a wine tasting room. Similar to Wine Room or GB’s but for wine. 

This has to be the slowest moving construction project in the world, but it does look good. 

There is a wine shop planned here, but I don't think it is intended to be modeled on Park Ave Wine Room. I think others in the forum may be able to offer more info...

7 minutes ago, codypet said:

Like that place next to Hammered Lamb?

From what I understand it’s drink there type of place with a super casual version of Wine Room type of vibe. I could be totally wrong about that though. 

Tim’s has some tastings but is primarily a retailer. 

15 minutes ago, popsiclebrandon said:

Oh hi.

We're going for a European style wine bar. We want lingerers who want to experience good food and drink and (hopefully) good company. We should have some renderings for you guys in a month or so.  We have been working on a design that is at least someone what pandemic-proof in case this becomes more regular.

We've spent the last few months building our technology to allow us to better inform our customers of the wines they like and why they like them. Like maybe you don't realize but your preferences are always for high acidity wines grown in chalk. We have done a crazy amount of data entry to categorize wines and build an algorithm that beats our Somm in wine selections. Its pretty cool stuff and at least something good is coming out of this delay.

We'll also probably be doing some small scale wine production on site.

Just had a conversation about being clueless with wines so it's great to see technology brought into the mix. As fascinating as this place sounds I definitely assumed you were opening a popsicle stand at the Yard!

45 minutes ago, Jerry95 said:

Just had a conversation about being clueless with wines so it's great to see technology brought into the mix. As fascinating as this place sounds I definitely assumed you were opening a popsicle stand at the Yard!

There will be pops but not a standalone space. Just available on the menu (prob just brunch).

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, popsiclebrandon said:

Well we originally thought May, then Sept, now we're thinking maybe early next year. We don't expect to get the space for another 6-8 weeks min. Buildout will prob be done in Dec/Jan then we'll see where we are with Covid.

I have to imagine the timing might actually be a positive with the current Covid situation? It would have been terrible if you moved in earlier this year and then the pandemic started. 

3 hours ago, popsiclebrandon said:

Well we originally thought May, then Sept, now we're thinking maybe early next year. We don't expect to get the space for another 6-8 weeks min. Buildout will prob be done in Dec/Jan then we'll see where we are with Covid.

Very cool. Do you have a name yet?

• 3 months later...