The Yard at Ivanhoe | Mixed-Use [Under Construction]

orlandoguy

On 11/6/2020 at 3:10 PM, elefants said:

Well I have been putting off walking around the development, but since I was in the area I did.  I'm also just finding out there's a 7mb limit so I couldn't include all of the pictures.  Sorry it doesn't give the full scope.

Most of the apartments look done with the exception of about 25% of the ones to the North.

20201106_144213.jpg

20201106_144308.jpg

20201106_144347.jpg

20201106_144432.jpg

I really like the scope, size and look of this development. 

• 3 months later...

Nine restaurants are expected to open in The Hall on the Yard sometime mid-April. From American fusion to Caribbean to Indian and a plant based option. Several of them are Tampa based businesses that were located in Franklin Hall.

https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/news/2021/02/16/the-hall-on-the-yard-ivanhoe-village-orlando.html?cx_testId=40&cx_testVariant=cx_11&cx_artPos=2#cxrecs_s

2 hours ago, prahaboheme said:

Interesting that the Yard is pulling in Tampa based vendors while Disney (Springs) has gone in on Orlando-based entrepreneurs.
I know who I’ll be placing my bet on.

BTW, did you ever decide which apartment community you'll be moving into? Just curious which properties made your list (and why). Inquiring minds want to know ;)

15 hours ago, prahaboheme said:

Interesting that the Yard is pulling in Tampa based vendors while Disney (Springs) has gone in on Orlando-based entrepreneurs.

Comparing anyone to Disney would be unfair but uh yeah even a basic look into the guy running the hall will make it clear why he is struggling to find tenants. Its not very encouraging for the project.

17 hours ago, prahaboheme said:

He is going with who he knows since he is based in Tampa. 

9 hours ago, popsiclebrandon said:

Comparing anyone to Disney would be unfair but uh yeah even a basic look into the guy running the hall will make it clear why he is struggling to find tenants. Its not very encouraging for the project.

The reference is to that Disney Springs now has the Polite Pig and Gideons — two of the most popular establishments at DS and both local (the former Winter Park and the latter East End Market).

22 hours ago, nite owℓ said:

BTW, did you ever decide which apartment community you'll be moving into? Just curious which properties made your list (and why). Inquiring minds want to know ;)

Haven’t “moved” just yet — Airbnb for now. ;)

On 2/17/2021 at 11:26 AM, jack said:

He is going with who he knows since he is based in Tampa. 

You're right. And at least 3 of those were part of his original plan. OTOH, I know of 3 local vendors that bowed out due to how long it took this to come to fruition.

On 2/17/2021 at 7:24 PM, prahaboheme said:

Disney Springs now has the Polite Pig and Gideons

These are basically money printing presses for these two local establishments... Good for them!

• 3 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, popsiclebrandon said:

Always been a go for us. One day I'll get into the story on this one, its been a journey. We'll release renderings here soon.

Excellent. Thrilled to hear it and I expect to be a regular. I'm sure there is still a lot to do, but do you anticipate a 2021 date?

On 3/15/2021 at 3:27 PM, elefants said:

The construction on the food hall portion seems to be full steam ahead.   I really like this building because it's pleasant to look at no matter which direction you are coming from.

Great looking building & quality concrete construction. Now if only the apartment interiors were as unique as the exterior...

https://theyardivanhoe.com/gallery/

Edited by nite owℓ
  • Like 2

On 3/15/2021 at 3:34 PM, nite owℓ said:

Great looking building & quality concrete construction. Now if only the apartment interiors were as unique as the exterior...

https://theyardivanhoe.com/gallery/

Ehhh friend who lives there hears everything from all sides of him. The office is going to let him move into the new section top floor in  hopes that its better there but yeah not so sure about that.

10 hours ago, popsiclebrandon said:

Ehhh friend who lives there hears everything from all sides of him. The office is going to let him move into the new section top floor in  hopes that its better there but yeah not so sure about that.

That really sucks. I wonder if they properly insulated between units or did the bare minimum. I can't imagine a typical wood frame apartment building performing much better though - especially abutting train tracks. The VUE implemented sound deadening techniques, but they still hear noise from neighboring units just not the full effect. Units at the VUE facing bars/clubs blasting exterior amplified music also complain of the bass keeping them up at night. Nothing is 100% even when preventative measures are taken. There will always be a certain level of noise you have to put up with when living in a condo/apartment in the city.

Personally I'm kind of sensitive to intrusive noise so I did my best to mitigate it. Not perfect, but a noticeable improvement. Sometimes when I visit other people at their condo/apartment I'm surprised by the level of intrusive noise they experience, but they don't seem fazed by it.