The Yard at Ivanhoe | Mixed-Use [Under Construction]

orlandoguy

• 3 weeks later...

On 6/30/2021 at 11:35 AM, popsiclebrandon said:

Food Hall claiming July 22 to open. I would put the odds of that at 0%.

I just drove by that building...looks impressive...I don't know how I glossed over that while it was going vertical...I saw it and was like...when did they build this?

• 4 weeks later...

The Yard releases amended plans now that Hideaway Bar is moving across the street

I'm really hoping this next step sets off some development on Brookhaven Drive, since one of my favorite buildings in the area isn't getting the love it deserves.  As far as I can tell, it will be spared demolition and I'd be pleased as punch if someone renovated it.  

Edited by elefants
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, elefants said:

The Yard releases amended plans now that Hideaway Bar is moving across the street

I'm really hoping this next step sets off some development on Brookhaven Drive, since one of my favorite buildings in the area isn't getting the love it deserves.  As far as I can tell, it will be spared demolition and I'd be pleased as punch if someone renovated it.  

Didn't know it was being spared. That is awesome, I love that building so much. I think its basically empty too.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/9/2021 at 5:58 PM, dcluley98 said:

Thank you @FLheat

That AHU on Foxtail was an, um. . . . interesting design decision. 

This is a good development (7/10 on my scale) but honestly, there are some aspects of this project that are just lazy design. This took up some precious real estate for the area, and would have loved to seen higher quality finishes and more creative design choices. But ultimately, I'm happy to see such a large scale project get implemented in this neighborhood.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, OrlandoBeaver said:

Yea and they just started charging guests for parking in the garage... I have no idea where people will be expected to park. Guess you just have to take the sunrail and jump off at the Yard to get there.

They’re charging for guest parking?! $2k+ for rent and no guest parking 

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, sethM said:

It’s weird how it went from under construction to open in a day, along with loads of “now hiring” signs. Shouldn’t they have started hiring at least a month ago?

agreed.. isn't there a saying/rule to give a new restaurant like a month after it opens? This may be one that might need some time to figure it all out 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

The Hall was evicted yesterday, surprised it lasted this long. Such a terrible concept and execution. It never fit the neighborhood and there was no desire to fit the neighborhood. Good riddance. 

I'm sure they'll find someone new to manage it but with the food hall in the packing district opening in a month it's a terrible time to reboot. 

Edited by sethM