Brightline Trains

FLheat

1 hour ago, jrs2 said:

???

what about Tri-Rail?

Brightline has the exclusive rights for passenger service on the FECR corridor. Whether Tri-Rail is involved in operating the service has yet to be decided, right now the discussions are about fixed infrastructure.

23 hours ago, shardoon said:

It would be very cost prohibitive, but if they somehow got a line down to keywest like back 100 years ago....... I would be in love. I hate the drive on US 1 despite the beautiful scenery, plane tickets too expensive, and the ferry has horrible hours. 

In 2022 if there was a bus line from Miami to Key West that lined up with the train schedule would you take it? Or would you choose to drive? 

On 10/9/2020 at 6:14 PM, Jerry95 said:

In 2022 if there was a bus line from Miami to Key West that lined up with the train schedule would you take it? Or would you choose to drive? 

It would be too long. Sure that would be nice, but my problem is US 1 and the constant start and stop traffic as well as slow trucks. Taking a bus would be just as bad. It is what it is. I wish we had a spar $5 to $10  billion laying around to build a train line complete with bridges. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, shardoon said:

It would be too long. Sure that would be nice, but my problem is US 1 and the constant start and stop traffic as well as slow trucks. Taking a bus would be just as bad. It is what it is. I wish we had a spar $5 to $10  billion laying around to build a train line complete with bridges. 

You're about 85 years after your time then my friend. The bridge that used to do that was destroyed in '35.

On 10/8/2020 at 6:28 PM, shardoon said:

It would be very cost prohibitive, but if they somehow got a line down to keywest like back 100 years ago....... I would be in love. I hate the drive on US 1 despite the beautiful scenery, plane tickets too expensive, and the ferry has horrible hours. 

It's a pipe dream, but that would be amazing.  It's such an awful drive.  You start out thinking "Oh my, this is so pretty." and quickly go to have to hiding any sharp objects in the car, so that you continue to have eyes.

3 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

We might also add that the Key West line bankrupted Henry Flagler. He died pretty much penniless.

But this is exactly why.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, HankStrong said:

Guess this thread title needs to change back.

Big announcement today:

https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/news/2020/11/23/brightline-enters-agreement-with-disney.html

I think this was the worst kept secret from posts I've seen online, but it is official now.

The location being at Disney Springs specifically is news and interesting.

It's going to require some sharp turns in that area. Sadly, this means that any express train not stopping at Disney will have to slow down significantly, which will increase the travel time. On the bright side, the location is much more convenient.

Also, if the plan with Sunrail goes through, then this development is actually amazing. It means Sunrail will directly connect to Disney Springs and Disney World in general.

• Like 4

Meanwhile, a couple of caution flags are up for the company: first, this month, activity bond sales for Brightline West stopped due to a lack of interest in the current market;

Brightline has also not resumed South Florida service since March.

Will any of this affect cash flow or other financial indicators? It’s too early to tell. One good thing that will come of this whether it moves forward or not is that it looks like a deal with Miami-Dade to run commuter rail on Brightline tracks will progress.

https://www.californiaconstructionnews.com/2020/11/22/600-million-in-bonds-for-stalled-brightline-west-train-to-be-reallocated-for-affordable-housing-porjectss/

https://therealdeal.com/miami/2020/11/13/miami-dade-moves-forward-with-multimillion-dollar-brightline-deal/

Edited by spenser1058
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Urban Mail Carrier said:

It's going to require some sharp turns in that area. Sadly, thismeans that any express train not stopping at Disney will have to slow down significantly, 

Unless they build elevated tracks...

That's gonna be cost prohibitive for BL

15 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

Meanwhile, a couple of caution flags are up for the company: first, this month, activity bond sales for Brightline West stopped due to a lack of interest in the current market;

Brightline has also not resumed South Florida service since March.

Will any of this affect cash flow or other financial indicators? It’s too early to tell. One good thing that will come of this whether it moves forward or not is that it looks like a deal with Miami-Dade to run commuter rail on Brightline tracks will progress.

https://www.californiaconstructionnews.com/2020/11/22/600-million-in-bonds-for-stalled-brightline-west-train-to-be-reallocated-for-affordable-housing-porjectss/

https://therealdeal.com/miami/2020/11/13/miami-dade-moves-forward-with-multimillion-dollar-brightline-deal/

I suspect it'll be another year + before it starts operating in SoFla

• Like 1

Well the station is elevated in Miami and OIA as well, but only at the station. Even if it was elevated, that doesn't really change the problem. The route would require it to double-back to get to Disney Springs with or without elevated tracks.

That is unless the route changes significantly from the previous proposal.