Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gorath

New Holland Brewing

21 posts in this topic

Thirty Eight Commerce with its rooftop patio would be a perfect spot. Close to other bars but a unique setup that no one else has. That's my vote. ;)

Joe

Sounds like they are ready 2013? I'm excited to see GR become a mega hub for craft beer. Selfishly, I'm happy that New Holland will be a close trip.

I love new holland beer... What about the new market? Aren't they looking for a brewery? and it's in "greater" Grand Rapids as opposed to inner..

Thirty Eight Commerce with its rooftop patio would be a perfect spot. Close to other bars but a unique setup that no one else has. That's my vote. ;)

Joe

I'd 2nd this.  That would be awesome!  Although, I'm not sure there is enough space for the brewing equipment.

How interesting would it be if they took up residence in the Brassworks building? I hear there's room to brew about 5,000 barrels a year. :)

Or what about across the street from the Downtown Market?  Or IN the Downtown Market?  That would seem far too easy, but might be just the kind of "brand" draw the market could use.

What if they were the "anchor" food tenant in a Celebration Cinema movie complex??

Is the space where 25 Kitchen & Bar was still open?  There's a big basement in there, isn't there?

What if they went in the former "lodge"/Harris building space where Site:Lab was a couple of years ago?  Seems like that could be a great blank palette if it were made into a "destination" type establishment.

Or they could buy the Tini Bikinis bldg that's for sale and rid us of that fine establishment.

So many options...

Edit: One more to throw in the mix...maybe the best of all:

The building immediately to the north of Richmond Stamp is just begging for redevelopment.  Great location between Hopcat and GRBC.

http://goo.gl/maps/XTtLR

Edit 2: One more one more, how about the former Drink Ultra Lounge space on Monroe Center??

Edited by fotoman311

I take "greater downtown" to mean near downtown, but not in downtown.  I think the Brassworks Building would near,.  Maybe something out on Bridge street.  The old Red Lion?  The former 4th Street Deli,is that vacant?

A long, long time ago, weren't they looking to setup in 101 S. Division?

Edited by Gorath

Speaking of that building- I walk past it every day and am amazed it hasn't been redeveloped. I know that the story goes the person who owns it is using it as his retirement. Anyone know the inside scoop of why this building hasn't sold? Can't imagine a month goes by without someone trying...

Joe

Edit: One more to throw in the mix...maybe the best of all:

The building immediately to the north of Richmond Stamp is just begging for redevelopment.  Great location between Hopcat and GRBC.

http://goo.gl/maps/XTtLR

When I read "greater downtown" I thought the same thing. I'd love to see them congregate near some of the other breweries to create critical mass. :)

Joe

I take "greater downtown" to mean near downtown, but not in downtown.  I think the Brassworks Building would near,.  Maybe something out on Bridge street.  The old Red Lion?  The former 4th Street Deli,is that vacant?

My vote is for the Junior Achievement building.  I really thing that would do wonders for that intersection with the Kendall building being redeveloped for apartments.

1 person likes this

Speaking of that building- I walk past it every day and am amazed it hasn't been redeveloped. I know that the story goes the person who owns it is using it as his retirement. Anyone know the inside scoop of why this building hasn't sold? Can't imagine a month goes by without someone trying...

Joe

That is so bizarre. That building caught my attention yesterday as I was walking along Ionia. Might be a sign...

I'd prefer it not go on Ionia, actually. 101/103 S Division would be awesome. I think it'd be enough of a catalyst to get other stores on that block to give it a go.

There is something going on in the old Founder's location.  Ran by it a couple times in the last week and there's lots of demo.

Main floor of the Morton House would feel similar to their Holland location.

They do keep mentioning a brewpub in the Downtown Market, maybe they're thinking that.

Edit 2: One more one more, how about the former Drink Ultra Lounge space on Monroe Center??

My vote is for the Junior Achievement building.  I really thing that would do wonders for that intersection with the Kendall building being redeveloped for apartments.

Either one of these options is ok with me! Morton house would be ok with the new apartments there, and city view across the street. The J A building as well because of all the new housing there. Beer City usa!

I heard rumor a few months ago that Bells was scouting a location in GR too.  There should be a Tap Row downtown.

I heard rumor a few months ago that Bells was scouting a location in GR too.  There should be a Tap Row downtown.

Just need an Arcadia pub and you have all of western Michigand's major craft brewers in the city. Now that's a beer tour.

Tap Row. It has a nice ring to it! :) Anything in the general vicinity would be nice. Makes it easier for the brew-tourists to stumble from bar to bar. ;)

Joe

Just need an Arcadia pub and you have all of western Michigand's major craft brewers in the city. Now that's a beer tour.

Between the selections constantly available at Hopcat (3-5 taps typically) and Pyramid Scheme (6-8 taps typically), Short's pretty much has a tap room already here. :)

I would like to see something on Monroe center, but a brewpub row would be an awesome unique concept but would have to be Ionia st

can't have a row without Founders... therefore a brewing district would be equally nice

That would be awesome if the Van Andel expanded off the back and had a two story Bells Brewery attached to it...

Hopefully new holland is reading this, so they can get some great ideas :thumbsup:

Was just thinking, isn't the 25 Kitchen & Bar space at 25 Ottawa available?  That would make a great spot if they can get some good signage.  Like right on the roof, facing the S-Curve.

Edited by Gorath

Thats kind of a dead zone area. Isnt it right next to the arena? Granted its a nice big spot, but theres little foor traffic there and the back side of the building is surrounded by the arenas parking lots. Feel free to correct me if wrong