Hermitage vs Nippers Corner

Beat02

Looking at Cherry Creek apartments in Hermitage and Brentwood Downs at Nipper's corner (edmondson and old hickory). Not too worried about reviews of the apartments themselves (unless anyone has information/personal reviews) but more so the neighborhoods and ease of access to the north of downtown around trinity ln, between Buena vista and whites creek pike.

Thanks in advance!

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both are fairly decent areas. But as stated above, traffic around OHB is an unholy mess in both morning and afternoon getting to/from the interstate. If you don't have a problem with leaving before 7 (more like 6:30-6:45), then it can be OK. I don't think the traffic in Hermitage is a dream, but using Briley gives it a huge advantage over Nippers.

From the Hermitage location you would have both interstate and surface street options to get to your destination.  I-40 to downtown and then onto I-24 or I-40 to Briley Parkway.  Old Hickory Blvd. all the way around through Lakewood into Madison to the Buena Vista/Whites Creek area.  Central Pike to Lebanon Pike to McGavock Pike to Briley Parkway.  And if you are into activities on the lakes, both Percy Priest and Old Hickory lakes are nearby!  Shopping is closeby as well at Providence area in Mount Juliet.

Great, thanks for the replies so far. I'm definitely open to more suggestions. How are the amenities (stores, restaurants, etc.) in Hermitage? Nipper's Corner seemed pretty nice with Starbucks and a couple of grocery stores right there. 

Great, thanks for the replies so far. I'm definitely open to more suggestions. How are the amenities (stores, restaurants, etc.) in Hermitage? Nipper's Corner seemed pretty nice with Starbucks and a couple of grocery stores right there. 

Dunno much about the Hermitage area, but NC is a decent place.  I grew up near the area, and my parents still live (near) there.  It has become a nice little retail area like you've mentioned.  Unfortunately, it could be more pedestrian oriented.  Anyhoo, it is a good central location with access to the Crieve Hall neighborhood, Brentwood and Williamson County, and many other neighborhoods such as Tusculum, Antioch (when it was more relevant, I still consider it to be), McMurray, and Woodbine.  Again, it could be better, especially with mass transit options (goes for the city as a whole).  If you are commuting to N Nashville that could be a pain from NC.  Probably a less of a pain from Hermitage, but still a pain IMO.  Transit options and our system is in dire need of improvement!

Just out of curiousity, at the risk of sounding nosey, if your work is on the northside, why are you looking for apartments on the south and east sides of town?

I'll only be commuting to the north side for 5 months, and then I'm likely to be stationed anywhere else in the city (could still be north side, could be south, or anywhere else). I gained employment with metro police, so I'm going to the academy which is on the north side.

I'll only be commuting to the north side for 5 months, and then I'm likely to be stationed anywhere else in the city (could still be north side, could be south, or anywhere else). I gained employment with metro police, so I'm going to the academy which is on the north side.

Ahhh...gotcha!  Just wondering.  My knowledge is a bit limited of those areas since it has been awhile since I've actually lived in Nashville, but if my memory serves me right, I'd have to agree with the others that the Hermitage location is much more convenient for your needs.

You may want to check out the CityData forums. Housing, neighborhoods, and subdivisions is the majority of what is discussed there. There are literally dozens or hundreds of threads that discuss different complexes. I think you'll find UP to be more focused on future development as opposed to discussion of existing developments.

Archived