Do you visit other forums?

EastOfTheCumberland

I also signed up for www.skyscrapercity.com, and www.skyscraperpage.com. I have also visited www.city-data.com and www.cyburbia.org. Not much happening on those sites. Sometimes there are months between posts. SSP ad SSC don't cover Nashville much, and City-Data does not discuss the built environment much.

Any hints on other sites with this much discussion?

Thanks!

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

City Data isn't bad for what it's designed to be....more general information about the city and metro region. If you're looking for reviews and opinions on neighborhoods, apartments, restaurants, shopping, etc, then that's the place to be.

For Nashville, UP seems to have really excelled. Unfortunately, for most other cities it seems like SSC or SSP seems to be more informative.

• 2 months later...

I am most certainly involved with other pages, I'm a moderator at Skyscraperpage, which I've been a member of since 1999/2000. I rarely come to UP these days.

Well, welcome back if you plan to stay around.

Yeah, it depends.  Some places are dead here while others are not and the same can be said for SSC and SSP.  I used to visit those pretty often to check out other cities progress and what not.

Well, welcome back if you plan to stay around.

Yeah, it depends.  Some places are dead here while others are not and the same can be said for SSC and SSP.  I used to visit those pretty often to check out other cities progress and what not.

I didn't plan on leaving, its just the way things work. I took a break from SSP before and didn't forum at all back in 2009 or so. I've dabbled with car forums before, but SSP was always my home. Its true that it hasn't got the same activity for Nashville in terms of urban development information.

Each forum has its strength, SSP's strength is a killer diagram program and a more general view of urban activity rather than specializing in one city or area. Urban Planet seems to have a more regional approach, with stronger local groups.

SSC just sounds like a bunch of 15 year olds tweeting every 5 seconds.

Welcome back Brandon.

We have worked hard on here to keep interest going adn I am very thankful to all of those who post on here.

A lot of good discussion goes on here and I am a member of SSP &SSC but this is my home I guess because I have so many personal ties to a lot of the members here that are my freinds.

Feel welcome to join us at one of the meets just so we can put a face with a name.

^I live in Buffalo, NY and no longer in Nashville, otherwise I'd be happy to participate more. We'll see what the future unveils. I moved to Buffalo for a job, not to move to the city. I'm trying to find work and still trying to move to Toronto across the lake. It just isn't the same getting to occasionally visit on the weekends as it would be to live there.

In the next year or two if it looks like I'm stuck in Buffalo and can't live in Toronto, I may start looking for jobs back in Nashville and consider that part of my life history. Only problem is that I don't know how I'd find work in an area I love (urban development, condo development, local government, etc).

Archived