Acadia

gs3

Great new development (New Urbanism) of homes, shops, offices called Acadia. Along the Saluda River just south of I-85 off of I- 185. Looks fantastic! Check out their website:

www.AcadiaSC.com

It says the homes go up to 1 million (so I won't be moving there), but nice to dream! :)

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had read an article a couple months ago (or more) about this development. The developer said that Acadia will have sites available for all ranges of affordability, meaning you could have a starter home next to a million-dollar home. That should be a great addition to that part of the county, and I daresay that Anderson county will surely feel an impact from this development as it is very close to Powdersville. :)

I'm glad to see the "WHOLE" upstate area doing so good.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The area around I-185 and I-85 seems to be coming on strong. Powdersville is doing very well with retail and along with Acadia, there is also The Preserve (great homes on the Saluda). Seems that every area of Upstate is doing great!

The River Reserve is coming along very nicely, indeed. There is supposed to be a large green park area along the river, with picnic tables and paved trails. I have been down there and it is already very nice looking without any work having been done on the park yet. :)

• 11 months later...

Most of the grading has been completed and roads already in place. The Village should be under construction soon. :thumbsup:

Right next to this development is the River Reserve gated community under construction. I strongly suggest driving through this neighborhood during the day before the gates are permanently closed to the public. I love the steep hills, riverside trail, and park. You really get the feeling you're closer to the mountains. ;)

Hmm, does anyone have a map of where all this stuff is?

I thought I had an idea, but I'm not so sure.

Anyway, I hope that this turns a lot of the development in Greenville County away from the Eastside and toward the Southside. The schools down there could certainly use it and so could the Southern Connector! :thumbsup:

Powdersville is reaping most of the benefit from these new developments. You can reach them by exiting I-85 onto 153 south. The River Reserve will be on your right at approximately 1/2 mile, and the entrance to Acadia is just beyond, also on your right, along the Saluda River. :shades:

The small lake is Woodson Lake, with the Woodson Lake Estates to the left. The new development to the right of Woodson Lake is The River Reserve, which is nearing completion. There are some beautiful large custom homes in that neighborhood. Beech Bluff Way, next to the Saluda River and I-185, is the entrance to Acadia. Visit acadiasc.com to see their map for more info. :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Signs are up along I-185 (Southern Connector) for Acadia. I exited to check out the entrance and work is definitely heavy underway beyond the end of the road.

CIMG5810.jpg

CIMG5811.jpg

And then right next door, drove through the River Reserve....I couldn't believe the number of houses that have gone up in this. Really high end, and lots of them. Great to see this amount of quality development happening off the Southern Connector.

CIMG5816.jpg

CIMG5812.jpg

CIMG5814.jpg

• 6 months later...

Way-finder sign:

Picture064-1.jpg

Entrance/Exit:

Picture065-1.jpg

Sign at Entrance/Exit:

Picture066-1.jpg

Road right after Entrance/Exit:

Picture067-1.jpg

Beginning of Village area:

Picture068.jpg

More of Village area:

Picture069.jpg

Bridge crossing going further into Acadia:

Picture070-1.jpg

Road under construction right past bridge on left:

Picture071-1.jpg

Another road under construction right past bridge on right:

Picture072-1.jpg

Same bridge, but coming the other way back toward the village area:

Picture073-1.jpg

More of Village area next to the Southern Connector/I-185:

Picture074.jpg

So far, only 4 homes are under construction. All are right next to the Village. Two have foundations layed and two are about half way done. First one that has foundation layed:

Picture075.jpg

One of the two houses half way done:

Picture076.jpg

3-car garage on same home:

Picture078-1.jpg

Road that goes down to Saluda River:

Picture077-1.jpg

Other house and foundation under construction next to the other house under construction:

Picture079.jpg

Same house and foundation again (close-up view):

Picture080.jpg

Exit, which is also the entrance (a little blurry):

Picture081.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Archived