Green Light Plan

brresident

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can believe it. When Burbank was originally built they cleared the right of way to all for expansion in the future. All of the utilities and drainage was taken care of years ago. Not the case with Perkins Road.

Burbank is just adding two lanes. It's also a more simple road design.

Perkins involves removing the old roadway, placing subsurface drainage, curbs, gutters, sidewalks, and 5 lanes while keeping at least two open at all time and access to area businesses. There are also about 12 intersections at Perkins while only 3 or 4 intersections on the Burbank strip.

Perkins will probably take twice as long. Remember how long Old Hammond took?

• 4 weeks later...

^ No doubt that stretch of Bluebonnet needs to be much more pedestrian-friendly!

Good question asked in this mornings Advocate "Opinion" section...... gotta be someone here from UP ;) The Picardy connection between Essen & Bluebonnet will be a key element with BR's emerging medical corridor. And that stretch of I-10 should have been widened at least 10 years ago.

Q: What is the status of the following road projects that were supposed to have started? Connecting Picardy between Essen and Bluebonnet, and the Interstate 10 widening project between the split and Siegen. Wasn

• 4 weeks later...

Alot of improvements being made in BR; esp. the SE part

* $100,000 was authorized for improvements to the Sherwood Forest Blvd./Florida Blvd. intersection; the white & orange barricades that line the intersection will be gone

* Impovements to Coursey Blvd. including the Sherwood Forest and Jones Creek Rd. intersections

* Synchronization of traffic signals on Jefferson Hwy. from Government Street to Drusilla Lane to help the traffic flow

* Drainage upgrades for Old Goodwood neighborhood

Groundbreaking Monday for Lobdell Green Light project

A groundbreaking ceremony for Lobdell Avenue improvements will be held at 10 a.m. Monday, the ninth Green Light Plan project to begin construction. The existing road from Independence Boulevard to Florida Boulevard will be replaced with a four-lane curb-and-gutter road with sidewalks and a raised median.

http://www.businessreport.com/archives/dai...008/sep/26/640/

^That stretch of Lobdell Ave. should be much nicer :good:

This extension should be a nice north/south connection between Harding Blvd-Blount Road and take some pressure off that stretch of Plank Road. Harding Blvd. is really building-filling up with new developments!!

First Green Light project will open Thursday

City officials will host a ribbon cutting to mark the opening of the new Veterans Memorial Boulevard extension at 10 a.m. Thursday. The four-lane boulevard from Harriet Quimby Avenue to Blount Road is the first Green Light Plan project to be completed, and will improve access to Baton Rouge Metropolitan Airport, the city-parish says. The project by contractor Denton James took just under a year and cost $4.5 million, which is less than the original budget of $5.4 million listed on the Green Light Plan Web site

http://www.businessreport.com/archives/daily-report/latest/

• 2 months later...

COMPLETED PROJECTS

* Veteran's Memorial Blvd Extension (Harriet Quimby to Blount Rd)

* Burbank Drive (Bluebonnet Blvd to Highland Rd)

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

* Burbank Drive (Lee Drive to Bluebonnet Blvd)

* Central Thruway- Phase I Bridges (Comite River and Beaver Bayou)

* North Harrel's Ferry Road (Old Hammond Hwy to Sherwood Forest Blvd)

* Downtown Signalization & Synchronization- ABOUT TIME!!!

* Comite Drive (Plank Road to Comite River)

* Coursey Blvd at Sherwood Forest (Intersection Improvements)

* Lobdell Improvements (Independence Blvd to Florida Blvd)

UPCOMING PROJECTS 2009

* Highland Road (Perkins Road to Airline Hwy)

* Staring Lane Extension (Burbank to Highland)

* Jones Creek Road (Coursey Blvd to So. Harrel's Ferry Rd)

* Picardy Ave Extension (Mancuso Ln to BR General @ Bluebonnet)

* Siegen Lane (Highland Rd to Perkins Rd)

* Foster at Government Street (Interesection Improvements)

* Brightside Lane (River Road to Nicholson Drive)

* Pecue Lane Re-Alignment at Perkins (Perkins Rd to KC Southern RR)

* Perkins Road @ Stanford/Acadian (Intersection Improvements)

* O'Neal Lane (So. Harrel's Ferry to I-12)

* So. Harrel's Ferry Road (Millerville Road to O'Neal)

* Sullivan Road (Wax Road to Greenwell Springs Rd)

>>>BUT what about widening O'Neal Lane??? from Florida Blvd (Hwy 190) to I-12.. that the ONLY "2" MAJOR Highways out of BR to the east?? Thought that would be on the list?? Nice improvements on this list; but neglecting that stretch of road is just PLAIN STUPID!!

They need to start several plans on the federal highways too.

For example, they need to get the plans in place for widening I10 and I12 as well as to widen Airline btw Florida Blvd and Plank Road.

Rumor has it that there's a big economic stimulus package on it's way....all "ready to build" plans are going to be funded in a TVA style economic engine.

• 1 month later...

Dramatic improvements for the outdated; heavily traveled rural road! Jones Creek Road will also be straightened out near the bridge.

Work begins on 12th Green Light project

A groundbreaking will be at 10:30 a.m. Thursday for Jones Creek Road Segment 3, the 12th Green Light Plan road project to begin construction. The project will provide two through lanes in each direction, sidewalks and a raised median from Coursey Boulevard to South Harrell's Ferry Road, and it will include a new bridge crossing at Jones Creek. Construction cost is about $12.4 million, and the project is expected to be completed by August 2010.

FINALLY! I could never figure out why Picardy Ave never connected in the first place?? This will be essential for the Medical Corridor!

Groundbreaking set for Picardy extension

The Picardy Avenue Extension project will break ground Monday, the 13th Green Light Plan project to begin construction. The project will connect the existing Picardy Avenue segments off Bluebonnet Boulevard and Essen Lane with a two-lane, curb-and-gutter road that includes subsurface drainage and sidewalks on both sides. The project is expected to cost $2.4 million and be finished by January 2010.

• 2 weeks later...

^It will be crazy to call it Jones Creek Boulevard instead of road!

New Green Light Web site launched

A new Web site that covers the progress of the city-parish's Green Light Plan has been launched. The site includes more information about the 36 transportation projects, such as maps, bid status and traffic announcements.

http://greenlight.csrsonline.com/

Important Traffic Update

Posted: March 6, 2009

Construction crews have been busy improving the intersection of Coursey and South Sherwood Forest since we broke ground in January. I'm happy to say that we're running ahead of schedule. As a result, the construction company is going to try and wrap this project up in the next few weeks.

What this will mean to you is that starting this weekend (March 7 & 8) and continuing for the next two weekends (March 14 & 15 and 21 & 22), traffic will be reduced to ONE lane in all directions. This will NOT affect weekday travel as two lanes in all directions will remain open. This only applies to Saturday and Sunday.

http://mikewalker.net/archives/152

Wow, My fiancee and I had been talking about how quickly that project was moving forward.. I was curious what was going to take until June at their current pace.. Can we hire this company for I10 lol.. May be they'll cut the time down by a third as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived