Sights to see, things to do, and places to eat and drink

Nathan_in_DC

So, I've been trying to put together a list of things to do in Nashville.  I'm going to be taking a little road trip with the girlfriend and another couple, and after we spend the night in Knoxville, will be heading to Nashville, followed by the next day at my parents in western Middle TN, then back through Nashville and Knoxville.  In short, it'll basically be an afternoon and evening in town, followed by a morning and afternoon.

I'm trying to get together a flying list of places to go and things to see.  Here's what I have so far, mainly just a list of spots I like in town... The ones that are bolded are things I'm definitely dragging them to, the rest are just possibilit.  What's missing?

• The Parthenon/Centennial Park
  • The Frist Center for the Visual Arts
  • Schermerhorn Symphony Center
  • The Bluebird Cafe
  • State Museum/Military History Museum
  • Tootsie's
  • Yazoo Brewing
  • Blackstone Brewpub
  • Patterson House
  • The Beer Sellar
  • Burger Up
  • Jackalope Brewing
  • Tennessee State Capitol
  • Bicentennial Mall
  • Cumberland Park

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Grand Ole Opry (currently doing shows at the historic Ryman)

Hatch Show Print

Robert's Western World (I love John England and the Western Swingers--often there on Mon. nights)

Opryland Hotel (love it or hate it, it is unique!)

for something offbeat--Lane Motor Museum

Arnold's Country Kitchen

The Hermitage

The Southern-Steak and Oyster.  Restaurant located on the first floor of The Pinnacle at Symphony Place.  Named the best new restaurant in America by Esquire magazine.  Although I have not yet eaten there, a woman I know who came to Nashville with a touring Broadway show said that the meal she had there was one of the best she had ever had the pleasure to eat.

All great suggestions! 

Good thinking with the Southern, Don.  I'll probably try to get at least one good meal in town, so that's a great option.  I have a friend from high school who is a chef at a new place in Germantown (the name escapes me at the moment), so it will be between the two of those.

It's funny how easy it is to forget the basic stuff when you're showing people around.  Lots of things you just take for granted that visitors would be keen on seeing.

absolutely have to go to arnold's on 8th avenue for lunch, though they're only open from monday - friday. another great restaurant is fido in hillsboro village. for coffee, crema. they also have a great view of downtown.

eric b

Archived