Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
UTgrad09

Top 5 bold predictions for 2013

5 posts in this topic

This was brought up at the forum meet, so I thought it would be a good idea to get everyone's down in writing so we can gloat or laugh about it later. :lol:

Mine:

5) We will get at least one 25+ story hotel announcement (won't necessarily break ground by year's end) - NOT counting if such a project took place at WES.

4) The East-West BRT will get approved and might begin construction by year's end (I think this would be late in the year).

3) Another 20+ story residential project will begin construction.

2) Some office project in the core (besides WES) will begin by year's end. 200,000 sq ft+.

1) The NW Mutual Project will completely finish demolition, but will not start any new construction during the calendar year (though approvals of more solid plans/tenants could come through).

My list is a little different, perhaps it should be titled "Five things that would not shock me if it happened."

5. Downtown gets a new tallest. There is a shortage of prime office space and a 45 story building with a significant spire (700') will be built.

4. A major, high-end hotel is built either in SoBro or Mid-town.

3. A major tv and movie sound stage facility begins construction by years end officially ratifying Nashville's claim as THE third coast.

2. The House of Blues will begin construction of a first class venue. My preferred location would be in the vacant lot in front of the Symphony Hall.

1. Bud Adams, in one last act of senility, cuts a deal with the developers of the proposed Los Angeles football stadium to move the team to California. The Jacksonville Jaguars immediately announce their relocation to Nashville.

Crazy?  We'll see!

This was brought up at the forum meet, so I thought it would be a good idea to get everyone's down in writing so we can gloat or laugh about it later. :lol:

Mine:

5) We will get at least one 25+ story hotel announcement (won't necessarily break ground by year's end) - NOT counting if such a project took place at WES.

4) The East-West BRT will get approved and might begin construction by year's end (I think this would be late in the year).

3) Another 20+ story residential project will begin construction.

2) Some office project in the core (besides WES) will begin by year's end. 200,000 sq ft+.

1) The NW Mutual Project will completely finish demolition, but will not start any new construction during the calendar year (though approvals of more solid plans/tenants could come through).

Even though this wasn't a hot topic when I posted it, I thought I would revisit this.

Ok...so perhaps these weren't super 'bold'...but I think I did pretty well.

5) Westin (30 stories) was announced. Not sure how it will pan out with the adjacent UMPH site deal falling through, but I'm going to count it.

4) AMP had an initial surge and looked like it might be a possibility, but lately it has taken a major step back. It did get approved, if I'm not mistaken...but it is not a green light, so this is at best a partial right guess.

3) 12th and Laurel began construction (it seemed inevitable at the time, anyways)...and SoBro seems to be at about the same stage of readiness as 12th and Laurel was when I made this pick (perhaps an 1st quarter 2014 start).

2) Gulch Crossing

1) Seemed to hit this one pretty well. Again, perhaps not 'bold'...but demolition has finished, and now we know that HCA will be part of the picture.

Not patting myself on the back here...but fun to look back on what things looked like (almost) a year ago.

1 person likes this

Ummmmmm, I already started another thread for this a couple of weeks ago....just sayin'.