Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
757Duke

Hilton Garden Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront

5 posts in this topic

post-26475-0-46184800-1357502369_thumb.p

Another Gold Key resort is under construction adjacent to the Ocean Beach Club complex.

With an expected opening date of May, 2014 the Hilton Garden Inn will offer 167, all-oceanfront guest rooms, including 24 suites, 12 executive suites, a new signature restaurant, indoor/outdoor pool, and 5,000 sq ft oceanfront meeting and conference space.

Hilton Garden Inn, a member of the Hilton Worldwide group of hotels, received the distinguished "Highest Guest Satisfaction among Mid-Scale Hotel Chains with Full Service" award in the J.D. Power and Associates North America Hotel Guest Satisfaction Index Study.

http://www.goldkeyphr.com/portfolio/hotels-and-resorts

Looks pretty spiffy. I've said before that I've seen complaints from others (not here) about how the Oceanfront has gone from the old-school motels to stuff like this and other newer hotels, but I don't necessarily mind it. If they want to be taken seriously as an East Coast tourist spot, they've gotta adapt to the times...can't do that with the older motels from the 60s and 70s.

Not to say those older hotels (and their charm) can't be maintained, but you're not going to lure as many people here with them either. Kinda like Old vs. New Vegas*, if that makes sense.

*And that's probably the only time I'll compare our little resort district to Vegas... :-P

Construction is moving along on the structure. post-26475-0-67517800-1371513193_thumb.jpost-26475-0-10115800-1371513215_thumb.j

The website is up and running and it is still expected to open in May at the start of the tourist season. There is a live webcam on the site showing the progress and it's looking good!  :thumbsup:

http://www.hiltongardeninnvb.com