Richmond Dining-Out scene

burt

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Anyone know what "City Beach" is on Cary St - in the location across from the bus barn the old name escapes me now but it had/has a piano bar inside...

never mind...looks like old news but it appears to be close to opening now.

http://www.richmond.com/food-drink/restaurant-news/article_9313991e-0596-11e6-9e6b-b38a7978071e.html

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

If you haven't been here, you definitely need to go. It is my favorite restaurant in the city, and I have had some of my favorite dining experiences ever here. It does not surprise me that it is garnered so much praise.

http://www.richmond.com/food-drink/restaurant-news/l-opossum-restaurant-named-the-south-s-best-restaurant-by/article_8df725f9-ee5e-5cc2-bc13-cbcf40c48f82.html

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
On 7/23/2019 at 9:08 AM, Henrico Weather said:

Did I read somewhere that Hooter's and/or Tilted Kilt were going to open in Short Pump in the space(s) vacated by Keagan's and The Halligan? Or was that just wishful thinking on my part?  :tw_glasses:

Twitter me @HenricoWxGeek

Maybe a little OTB while we're at it...

26 minutes ago, Henrico Weather said:

Great to come back after several years' absence and get a double smackdown. Just asking a question, guys. No need to be snarky.

Apologies, but the combination of wording, signature and new account came off as being a bit spammy.

18 hours ago, Icetera said:

Apologies, but the combination of wording, signature and new account came off as being a bit spammy.

Thanks. I used to post as "Culpeper Hokie" a few years back. Been away from it for a while. I've been reading fairly regularly, but just recently decided to set up this new account and try to post once in a while. I'll try to step up the quality of my content. :tw_glasses:

• Like 2

My apologies for sounding snarky.   I vehemently despise anything which exploits women in any sexual way; which includes clothing type.  Having volunteered in a women's shelter, that sentiment became worse.  

Edited by Shakman
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I'm sure we've seen the news, but Baja Bean Co. and Pearl Raw Bar are both closing.    I know restaurants typically don't have a long life span, but I do think we've reached saturation when it comes to restaurants.   Along with the ever changing retail landscape, I'm curious to see what the future of commercial spaces entails.

22 hours ago, rjp212 said:

I'm sure we've seen the news, but Baja Bean Co. and Pearl Raw Bar are both closing.    I know restaurants typically don't have a long life span, but I do think we've reached saturation when it comes to restaurants.   Along with the ever changing retail landscape, I'm curious to see what the future of commercial spaces entails.

I don't disagree that we may have reached saturation...but in the case of Pearl, they are just rebranding just as they did when it was Delux. So it really isn't a closing IMO. The ownership is staying the same and they are opening a new concept. Also, Baja Bean mentioned maybe opening in a new spot that wasn't so large and also referenced that our low unemployment has made it difficult to hire and retain staff. My point is that I think there are more factors at play than just a saturation point.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 1/13/2020 at 3:16 PM, rjp212 said:

It used to be a great place, but some friends went last week and said there were like 3 items on the menu. Unsure what happened - kitchen and management turnover? It’s quite a quick fall from grace for such a great restaurant. Reminds me of Viceroy in Devil’s Triangle, man I LOVED that place and then they switched everything around and killed the momentum