Nashville 2040 plan

smeagolsfree

What is the "General Plan"?

Essentially, it’s a direction for our community’s future – a plan for action which will provide a vision and guidance for growth and development in Davidson County and influence future progress in much of Middle Tennessee. A coalition of business leaders, Metro government agencies, educators, religious institutions, and individuals are all contributing to the development of the General Plan. It is a true community effort, with many different people and interests represented.

This is a way we can get involved and make a difference.

http://www.nashville2040.com/

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I put my name in. I wasn't sure what to say to "how do you want to be involved," so I put "helping brainstorm infrastructure improvements, land use, and creating a cohesive urban core and a seamless transition to our neighborhoods." Sounds bull shitty, but maybe it will work.

I do think it would be a good way for us as a group -- as sort of a think tank of urban enthusiasts -- to help ensure that our thoughts and ideas are out there.

I still like our idea of getting our names out to be paid by the government on these grants to put together the studies we already know the answers to...

We could borrow an old Three Stooges gag and name our firm "Dewey, Cheatham, and Howe." :ph34r:

I put my name in. I wasn't sure what to say to "how do you want to be involved," so I put "helping brainstorm infrastructure improvements, land use, and creating a cohesive urban core and a seamless transition to our neighborhoods." Sounds bull crapty, but maybe it will work.

I do think it would be a good way for us as a group -- as sort of a think tank of urban enthusiasts -- to help ensure that our thoughts and ideas are out there.

We could borrow an old Three Stooges gag and name our firm "Dewey, Cheatham, and Howe." :ph34r:

I put my name in, too, back in December.  I put that I am a neighborhood president representing a neighborhood of over 1200 homes in East Nashville and that as such I have worked with Metro Council members and entities (Traffic & Parking Commission, Historic Zoning Commission, Planning Commission, Board of Zoning Appeals, Metro Water Services, Metro Beautification and Public Works, etc) for nearly four years to schedule and facilitate public meetings that result in decisions on issues such as those addressed in the 2040 plan.  So far, I haven't heard back, either.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

The following pdf is the result of a recent survey done for the Nashville Next project.

http://www.nashville.gov/Portals/0/SiteContent/Planning/docs/NashvilleNext/Pick/next-pick-results.pdf

Interesting read! I remember filling out the survey myself and found it amusing to see my own comments aggregated into the document.

That being said, some of those comments I read are downright moronic. Things like "Nashville is not a city that needs mass transit" leave me speechless that we have such ignorance of real issues--myself included. We all need to do a better job of staying informed of important issues, particularly those we disagree with!

Interesting read! I remember filling out the survey myself and found it amusing to see my own comments aggregated into the document.

That being said, some of those comments I read are downright moronic. Things like "Nashville is not a city that needs mass transit" leave me speechless that we have such ignorance of real issues--myself included. We all need to do a better job of staying informed of important issues, particularly those we disagree with!

I'm going to go ahead and say it: if you think that Nashville doesn't need mass transit, you're simply stupid. It's not nice to say, but I think it's true.

Archived