Bridgewater

joeDowntown

Looks like Spectrum Health is moving into the 3rd and 4th floor of Bridgewater. They mention occupancy is at 70%. Do you think that is after Spectrum moves in? I thought Bridgewater has a much lower occupancy rate. 

http://www.mlive.com/business/west-michigan/index.ssf/2013/01/big_new_tenant_moving_into_dow.html#incart_river

Joe

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We were joking at work...wondering which HR VP lives in the building.  There is a small cadre of execs that do live there oddly enough.  Then we speculated about the future of the cook building.  I think some/most of that building is original?  The floors creak when you walk on them, making me think the old wood from the 5 and dime store is still there.

That bank building that is attached to the Cook building has been vacant how long?  It will be interesting to see what they do with the Cook building.  They could just move another, smaller, department into it.  Or raze it and build a new office tower or expand the parking ramp.

My original Guess would be to expand the ramp.  Who knows for sure,  they definitely designed that mamoth thing to either be expanded or have a liner building attached to it.

Yes, because we don't have enough traffic on Michigan St.

I thought Spectrum said they were getting out of the business of building $30,000 parking spaces?

Would be great to see an expanded, attractive liner building completely cover the parking garage.  Ohhh, ohhh, and a transparent, activated sidewalk edge.  One can dream, right?

We were joking at work...wondering which HR VP lives in the building.  There is a small cadre of execs that do live there oddly enough.  Then we speculated about the future of the cook building.  I think some/most of that building is original?  The floors creak when you walk on them, making me think the old wood from the 5 and dime store is still there.

If there's a good sleuth here, somewhere buried in an article a long time ago, I remember there was a mention of plans for the Cook building to be replaced by a new building at some point in the future. It was probably one of those articles that detailed all of the plans of Michigan Street, back when it was exploding.

I'm guessing that Bridgewater is now (with Spectrum signed) going to be at 70%.

Yes, because we don't have enough traffic on Michigan St.

I thought Spectrum said they were getting out of the business of building $30,000 parking spaces?

Would be great to see an expanded, attractive liner building completely cover the parking garage.  Ohhh, ohhh, and a transparent, activated sidewalk edge.  One can dream, right?

I thought I had heard that part of this project was going to include more shuttle parking for Spectrum:

http://www.rapidgrowthmedia.com/devnews/MillerZylstra1011.aspx

Archived