Bank of America Stadium Renovation

kermit

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That what it looked like to me as well. The first tier locations seem to be places any large tournament couldn't afford to pass up... Other than Nashville (just not sure why it would fit that description for soccer). I would assume that grass would be rolled out at all turf venues for Copa, but you never know.

^Actually, soccer at BofA is a direct result of the 5 rent-free days the city negotiated with the Panthers in exchange for funding the stadium renovations with taxpayer dollars. The Liverpool-Milan match was a rent-free event with an $8MM impact.  The City's strategy may be paying off by landing events that may otherwise have gone elsewhere (2015 Gold Cup, possible 2016 Copa America matches). 

• 4 months later...

Does anyone know what the construction at the stadium (intersection of stonewall/Graham and mint) is? I am assuming it's the "Panthers stadium legends row" thing but I am not really sure what that is either. Can't really imagine too many "legends" going there if the project is self explanatory.

• 1 month later...

^I thought they were only doing renovations to the suites/club level sections and some other updates to interiors of the stadium. Not sure what they would be doing there. I know the sound system was updated last offseason so I don't think that's it. 

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed, I about broke my neck on 77 trying to look between the trees (wasn't driving) to figure out what was going on. It's definitely around each of the flag poles along the upper bowl. Maybe they're improving the wifi/cell service in the stadium? That's desperately needed

• 2 weeks later...

I saw it this morning.  The scaffolding is around each of the flagpoles at the top of the stadium, so it must be related to them.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed, I about broke my neck on 77 trying to look between the trees (wasn't driving) to figure out what was going on. It's definitely around each of the flag poles along the upper bowl. Maybe they're improving the wifi/cell service in the stadium? That's desperately needed

Yup this is cell service upgrade, Much needed and finally!  http://www.charlottefive.com/3-charlotte-staples-get-a-facelift-and-other-development-news/

Haven't they tried to upgrade cell and wifi before though and completely failed? I wouldn't hold my breath on this upgrade being worth the money they are spending. 

Im not sure they have done cell service upgrades before.  I do recall them trying to do wifi upgrades with those white boxes you see in the arm rails of the stairs between sections.  Those definitely did nothing to help and were certainly a waste of money.  I'm guessing for this round they will get it right and the placement in those speaker/flag poles makes good sense.

Archived