Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
strmchsr77

West Center Apartments

9 posts in this topic

Another large scale student housing project is in the works between the Fayetteville High School campus and the University.  This one should be similar to the other projects that this group has on going now (Sterling Frisco).  It will feature a 5 story complex with a 7 story parking garage.  The complex will have 175 units with 447 bedrooms.  I am guessing that this one will take the place of the "Cleveland Project" that will mostly likely not happen now.  I have not been able to track down any renderings so far.  Maybe someone else will have some better luck.

Link from the Times: http://www.nwaonline.com/news/2013/jan/15/plans-approved-apartments-between-university-high-/?news-arkansas-nwa-fayetteville

Rod: Didn't know if this should just be a new topic or part of the others...

Another large scale student housing project is in the works between the Fayetteville High School campus and the University.  This one should be similar to the other projects that this group has on going now (Sterling Frisco).  It will feature a 5 story complex with a 7 story parking garage.  The complex will have 175 units with 447 bedrooms.  I am guessing that this one will take the place of the "Cleveland Project" that will mostly likely not happen now.  I have not been able to track down any renderings so far.  Maybe someone else will have some better luck.

Link from the Times: http://www.nwaonline.com/news/2013/jan/15/plans-approved-apartments-between-university-high-/?news-arkansas-nwa-fayetteville

Rod: Didn't know if this should just be a new topic or part of the others...

Thanks for posting this.  I had just heard a little about this today.  Sounds like an interesting project.  :thumbsup:

This project might actually be more convenient for students. it seems closer to the core campus area although mostly downhill from it.

Does Fayetteville code require a certain amount of parking per apartment?  These garages must be insanely expensive, and given the proximity to campus I imagine some students would trade off no parking for a (hopefully) cheaper place.

Edited by aerotive

This project continues to move forward.  It was approved last night by the Planning Commission.  I was finally able to track down some pictures of it and they are located at the bottom of the info packet in the link below.  It looks very similar to the project Cleveland complex that had all of the legal issues.  Still this will be a much more attractive building than what is currently on the site. 

http://wonderstatemedia.com/docs/misc/econew.pdf

Does Fayetteville code require a certain amount of parking per apartment?  These garages must be insanely expensive, and given the proximity to campus I imagine some students would trade off no parking for a (hopefully) cheaper place.

You'd be suprised to find that parking, when built into the structure of the multistory building as is the design on these projects, is an incremental expense and won't be a major impact on the project's viability at market rates.

This project continues to move forward.  It was approved last night by the Planning Commission.  I was finally able to track down some pictures of it and they are located at the bottom of the info packet in the link below.  It looks very similar to the project Cleveland complex that had all of the legal issues.  Still this will be a much more attractive building than what is currently on the site. 

http://wonderstatemedia.com/docs/misc/econew.pdf

Thanks for the link.  Looking forward to seeing this development progressing along.  :thumbsup:

I believe it will be a MC3 property at the corner of Center and Duncan. Going for LEED green certification