Schuyler Apartment Tower Rehab

gman430

I think its ridiculous to complain about noise when you live next to heavily used railroad tracks.

They were talking about being able to hear people clearly in adjacent apartments, not so much the railroad tracks. 

But my emphasis was on the reports of declining quality of management. 

And lack of web presence for the Church Street Lofts (Schuyler).

• 4 weeks later...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, maybe the owners/management read this thread, because they now have a Facebook page.  There are a lot of good photos of interior renovation progress.  The City also posted a video of the building today.  The Church Street Lofts FB page says that they're hoping to have the units ready to show to prospective tenants by the end of June.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They're currently working on the rooftop.  They just posted a rendering on FB of what the rooftop will look like when it's finished, and it looks amazing!  I continue to be impressed by this project.  There's nothing else like it in the whole Upstate, much less Spartanburg.  Very cool.

10348616_334567200036338_363784335359038

• 1 month later...

I also toured the building a few weeks ago, and the place is awesome.  The views are indeed amazing.  I love the style; you can hardly believe you're in Spartanburg when you're in there (until you look out the windows)!

The City posted on FB a few days ago that the building has already had 30 units leased.  The roof-top is being worked on right now.  Church Street Lofts recently posted a few photos of the roof progress on their FB page.  Here's one:

10592808_360768967416161_555957316442305

• 3 weeks later...

It was nice to see a story about the Church Street Lofts on WYFF4 tonight.  They mentioned that the building is now 50% leased.  Someone with the City said that there are developers waiting to see how well this building does before potentially moving forward with their own projects.  It seems like it's filling up pretty well, so I hope these developers start to feel confident enough to begin their projects soon!

Unfortunately, WYFF doesn't have the story on their website, just some photos.  Here's one that shows a bit more of the roof.

Lofts-12-JPG.jpg

Drove by here last night and noticed the backside is lit up with 3 color-changing LED spotlights.  Really cool.  I actually wish they had more of them (especially near the top, as these lights only really reach halfway up).  We need more interestingly-, colorfully-lit buildings in town.

post-24605-0-06502700-1414122357_thumb.j

Archived