DEVELOPMENT MAP/CONSTRUCTION CAMS/RESOURCE THREAD

MTSUBlueraider86

• 3 weeks later...

Some updates for the Development Map:

- Hampton Inn Skyline is complete and open.

- Red Oak Flats at Envision Cayce is actually on the east side of South 7th St.,  from Martha O'Bryan Center on the North to Lenore St. on the south.  It is underway.

-  Kirkpatrick Homes (Envision Cayce Phase I) is complete and open.

-  306 Arrington  may be the same spot as Brock's new restaurant at 809 Meridian (which is under construction).  Was 306 Arrington supposed to be mixed-use?

- Townhomes at SE corner of Dominican and 9th Ave. North underway (looks like it will be about 4 buildings and 12-16 units).

- The Market Street repurposing of buildings at NW corner of Overton and Mansion St. are complete, with Patagonia Nashville, and Superica both open now.

- There's a row of 6 3-story townhomes going up at NE corner of 28th Ave. North and Booker St.

-  Crave @ City Heights is actually in the spot where you have Thrive @ City Heights (just need to switch them).  But you are correct that Crave is now u.c.

-  McKissack Park Townhomes is now being called Axis 27, and is u.c.

- Silo Bend Multi Housing Addition is u.c. and topped-out at 3 stories (at least the first building).

- 1211 57th Ave. North repurposing is U.C. (actually looks almost complete).

- Thrive Homes/Condos at NW corner of California and 57th Ave North looks to be underway.

- Treaty Oaks looks to be adding some more homes in theSE quadrant of their development (butting up against the 1211 57th Ave. North project).

- Fairgrounds Expo Center is now complete and open.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, smeagolsfree said:

I started updating a few this morning. Its a never ending battle and its not slowing down for me.

Yep...completely relate. I  figure that I am taking photos every few months of about 250 different construction sites throughout Davidson County (and sometimes Williamson and Wilson).  Certainly one of the busiest metros of its size in North America for new projects.  Keep track of it is quite the ongoing endeavor.  : )

• Thanks 2

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

I am going through the old proposed and taking some of them off of the map and others I am listing as possibly dead or delayed. It is taking time as I have to search parcel viewer records, ownership records, planning, & BZA items, etc.

Some of these were projects that were revealed in the days of Gethan Ward and now I know where he found 98% of those items. That's why he worked 80plus hours a week. He did the research and then wrote the articles.

Some of the older ones may end up having up date stories done soon and there may be more added to the dead file. I do think COVID is taking a toll on some of these.

With all of that being said, I do think we are about to see a number of projects on Dickerson road to be announced and land once again to change hands. My bones tell me something is brewing on the East Bank and we all know what that is. If that happens a lot of properties will look a lot more appealing in that area of town. The timing was off 4 years ago.

Not to derail the conversation, but what happened to Getahn?  He was about the only reporter worth a damn at the Tennessean.

Wow!  I even saw it and commented on it back then.  I guess I really do have COVID brain. So much has happened in three years (not an excuse for me!)  Geesh! He really was a sharp and very kind man. Left no stone unturned and I know he followed up on rumors he'd read on this forum.  I have a handful of email questions he sent me over the years.  He even called me a couple of times about Chattanooga. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

I am going through the old proposed and taking some of them off of the map and others I am listing as possibly dead or delayed. It is taking time as I have to search parcel viewer records, ownership records, planning, & BZA items, etc.

Some of these were projects that were revealed in the days of Gethan Ward and now I know where he found 98% of those items. That's why he worked 80plus hours a week. He did the research and then wrote the articles.

Some of the older ones may end up having up date stories done soon and there may be more added to the dead file. I do think COVID is taking a toll on some of these.

With all of that being said, I do think we are about to see a number of projects on Dickerson road to be announced and land once again to change hands. My bones tell me something is brewing on the East Bank and we all know what that is. If that happens a lot of properties will look a lot more appealing in that area of town. The timing was off 4 years ago.

Are these still active?....

• The Ditto on Music Row
  • Station District
  • The Pod Hotel in SoBro
  • Printing House Hotel SoBro
  • The Buckingham
  • Bob Dylan's Heavens Door
  • Hotel Broadway
  • M12 Hotel Gulch
  • The Paramount
  • House of Blues

• smeagolsfree changed the title to DEVELOPMENT MAP/CONSTRUCTION CAMS/RESOURCE THREAD
  • 3 months later...

Some updates for Development Map:

- 1520 16th Ave. South is complete and open

- Linden Row Phase II (eastern portion) is still u.c.

- Hyatt Place Green Hills is still a vacant lot (not work being done on site)

- Lipscomb Academy is complete and open

- Villages at Forest View (Antioch) is u.c.

- Burkitt Ridge is u.c.

- Meridian Ridge Senior Care is complete and open

- Marriott Hotel at Hill Center Brentwood (at SW corner of Maryland Way and E. Park Drive) is still u.c.

- Fairfield Inn site at One Bellevue Place has been sitting vacant for over a year (no work being done)

- Bellevue Storage on OHB is complete and open

- Novel Charlotte is complete and open

- Tabernacle Missionary Church on Charlotte Pike is complete and open

- Towery office building site near Trevor and 33rd Ave. North has been sitting vacant for 6 months (no work)

- Element Hotel at OneC1TY is complete and open

- Axis 27 in McKissack Park is complete and open

- These Vandy frat houses are complete and open: 2411 Kensington Place; 2413 Kensington Place;  DKE House; KS House; Lamda Chi Alpha House; MPS House

- 2006 West End is now officially called 2010 West End

- TownPlace Suites on Charlotte Ave. is now complete and open

- NES Substation on 11th Ave. North seems to be complete

- The Wash at 1101 McKennie Ave. is u.c.

- Elvira and Keeling is u.c.

- Cherokee Place is complete and open

- Lyric @ Cleveland Park Phase II (east side of property) is still u.c., Phase I complete and open

- 528-540 Edwin is now known as Edwin Green, Phase II (eastern side) is still u.c. Phase I is complete and open

- Arrowhead (north of Maplewood HS) Phase I is complete (western side); Phase II is starting

- The Elwood (Dickerson and Homestead Rd.) appears to be complete and open

- Preserve at Highland is mostly complete and open

• Like 3