DEVELOPMENT MAP/CONSTRUCTION CAMS/RESOURCE THREAD

MTSUBlueraider86

11 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

OK Folks, This is a work in progress as I have a few numbers to plug in and a lot of notes to plug in as well.

I am not proud and thanks to The ATX, I copied pretty much the same format he used for the Austin list. If something works why knock it.

This is a complete rundown of all of the Completed in 2021, the under construction, and the proposed and approved projects.

Remember some of these may be dead, but we are running about 85% success rate right now. If you have exact heights of some of the buildings that would be helpful as every time I started downloading the Metro docs my iPad crashed. Soooo, I could not get the docs for the heights.

This was my weekend project!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Iqd37Ihe1BADeolTxql_bLmt2Cx3ZwmVLC9ks10Q-bc/edit

Great resource! Would love to see a column for architect as well

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, colemangaines said:

FYI: You can export the .kml file from the development map and import it to Google Earth. It's a lot of fun moving it around in 3D since it was updated recently.  If anyone is interested/would like help setting it up just let me know.

image.thumb.png.80d11aabf2c31c8d3aa66b4e9eff8892.png

Fifteen years from now, when half of these blue blocks are under construction or completed, where will the next set of big projects and tall towers go? More infill? Further down midtown? River North? Aggressive rezoning in Cool Springs?

2 hours ago, andywildman said:

Fifteen years from now, when half of these blue blocks are under construction or completed, where will the next set of big projects and tall towers go? More infill? Further down midtown? River North? Aggressive rezoning in Cool Springs?

I’d say midtown north closer Charlotte Pk is ripe for high rise construction. Other possible candidates would be the Ewing development Riverside Nashville along Trinity LN. Maybe possibly rezoning Metro Center to allow for high rises. I wouldn’t even be apposed to rezoning for high rises of 20-30 stories along the major pikes closer to the core to increase density. 

I actually see no reason to really build tall in somewhere like Cool Springs. Nashville-Davidson County is over 525 square miles. To put that into perspective, New York City including all five boroughs is only 472 square miles but with over 8 million people. Not saying Nashville will ever reach that but there’s still plenty of room within Davidson to develop.

Edited by jkc2j
  • Like 2

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...