• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By PHofKS
      Work is scheduled to begin this month (July, 2016). Some pertinent facts:
      From Metro project tracker, heights are officially 255 ft for Apartments and 188 ft for Hotel The existing house is to be demolished and rebuilt near the Marathon Motorworks complex One half block off West End and will have a significant impact on the Mid-town skyline  

My own crude mock-up.

• By Binbin98
      I have always wanted to ask this queston in regards to nashville’s current rapid growth and future projected growth (the nashville msa is supposed to have around 4 million people by 2040).  Will the surrounding topography of nashville hurt or constraint nashville’s ability to grow as in building new developments, building new skyscrapers, mass transit, housing etc... While nashville isnt as constrained as cities such as pittsburgh (its so hilly there it’s ridiculous lol), i feel that 440 and fort negley to the south severely restrict nashville’s ability to grow in that direction, with north and east directions being partially constricted by the cumberland river (though not as much). The only direction that growth isnt constricted by anything is west towards midtown. I guess what i am getting at is it seems like topographically we are at a disadvantage to other cities that are growing such as austin and charlotte, and i wonder if that will harm us in the long run. But if i am wrong with this analysis than feel free to let me know. What do you all think about this topic?
    • By nashville_bound
      A couple of months ago several of us contributed to a conversation on the increase of urban crime. It was in another thread and , if memory serves, the mods were getting troubled so we ended the conversation.  I came across two articles this week (and included two others) on the subject and I am posting them in the hopes of discussing the topic in a civil manner.

I assert the rising crime rate in US and many international cities is due to progressive policies - decriminalizing low-level crime and banning preventative policing tactics. I believe urban crime is well on the way to the high-water mark of 1990 (in most statistical areas).

The City Journal article discusses the dramatic crime reduction of the 1990s in NYC 

https://www.city-journal.org/html/who-saved-new-york-15804.html?utm_source=City+Journal+Update&utm_campaign=cde0c3b65f-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_04_04&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_6c08930f2b-cde0c3b65f-109485629

http://abcnews.go.com/International/londons-murder-rate-overtakes-yorks-time-modern-history/story?id=54171310

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/01/us/murder-rates-rising-sharply-in-many-us-cities.html

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/baltimore-city/bs-md-ci-davis-replaced-20180119-story.html
    • By xtianpoop
      ANNOUNCEMENT: Google Earth has updated its 3D renderings of Nashville satellite imagery.
      I'm not sure if I'm the only one who spends too much time on Google Earth, but I wanted to make everyone aware. Last update was maybe 2 years ago?

SoBro, the Gulch, Music Row, Vandy/Midtown just few with a noticeable impact from the update.
      Mods: Is this an appropriate place for this? I'm sorry if not.

• By Binbin98
      Hello all fellow Nashvillians,
      As you can tell I am new here to the forum, so I apologize for any mistakes I may make. I currently do not live in Nashville, I actually am studying abroad through my university in London, however I lived and grew up in Nashville from 2000 to 2016 (moved to Nashville from New York when I was two years old lol), so It is very exciting for me to follow and catch up on urban development and economic growth in my previous hometown. 
      Introduction aside recently a group of evangelical christians decided to use (in my opinion defame) Nashville's name in an anti-lgbt statement, and many people across America (including Mayor  Megan Barry) have taken time to publicly denounce the statement and its values. Without getting too much into politics, I ask the question whether this statement, even with its lack of direct association to the city of Nashville, will have a negative effects on the city's image and reputation. I understand Nashville itself doesnt support it and has no association, but unfortunately in this day and age not many people read into details and may erroneously interpret this statement as being from Nashville leaders themselves. In fact a close friend of mine on facebook thought the exact same thing as I just said and posted negative things about Nashville itself.  tldr: Do you guys this nashville statement have a negative effect on our city's image or not? 

For those who don't know here is the Statement itself: https://cbmw.org/nashville-statement/