West End Summit

brewerw

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldnt doubt it. Thats kind of how Nashville is you get really excited about a future project and things just dont work out. But maybe it will still be built who knows.

But if I have to pick between the WES and the Signature I would definitely have to go with the Signature.

I have a thread that states that William Williams of the Nashville City Paper called the marketing department and they told him they heard the false rumours of a groundbreaking. They are not breaking ground anytime soon. They do not have a lead tennant. This was supposed to break ground in 2003.

The only definate structures we have are the Viridian, Suntrust Plaza, The Ben West Building, The Schemerhorn, and the Hampton Suites.

Beverly Briley Building (adjacent to Ben West Building):

http://www.gspnet.com/Corporate.gsp?id=197

The style is not really concordant with the Ben West. It appears to be more of a reference to the older Courthouse in the soon-to-be resurrected Public Square.

I can appreciate that gesture, but it may have been better to give the edifice its own block.

The Hampton Suites will be at 310 4th Avenue south. It will be 6 stories with 2 stories of underground parking. The demolition of the old buildings has been complete. We should see this project start to move along rather quickly. The other definite project I neglected to mention is the Adelicia 18 story condo's by the Boundry breaking ground in July.

According to my project engineer friend it is, but I don't know how much he is in the loop. Tony G. has been a little evasive when William called him. If you recall, back in 1999, Tony was going to put a 10 story parking center on the same spot. It was to have a 150 foot clock tower, 10 stories of above the ground parking with retail and restaurants. The Tennessean archives probably has the rendition. I have it here somewhere. I'll have to find out how to scan it.

I hope he builds it, but since I posted that, I have done a lot of research and it appears Signature may have the same issues as West End Summit.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw the article and the photo. There's been way too much planning, discussion, designing, land purchasing, and now publicity for this thing not to go.

Many developers don't tell things to people who ask the tough questions. From contractual agreements to legal ramifications, the details of many projects are kept in the office until plans are finalized. Just because they don't grace "us" with all they know, it doesn't mean things aren't happening, or even stalled. Palmer has invested millions in this project at this point and has worked on it for years. I don't think not building is an option. The main question is when. Personally, I think they plan on this thing coming online pretty soon. In the meantime, there's more than enough bulldozers and cranes in this town right now to keep even the most pessimistic among us busy just trying to keep up.

I dont think you will see anything happen at this location untill the giant bill board on the property comes down. When that comes down, I think you will see a ground-breaking. Remember that Palmer just aquired the last parcel of property a little over 6 months ago. I'll bet the building design has changed several times untill they were sure they had the masonic lodge.

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately, or some may say fortunately, Alex S. Palmer in my opinion WILL NOT get these towers done. Alex is the old school like Ted Welch, Tom Smith and Richard Fletcher. The new blood like Tony Giarratanna and John Eakin are active in the community and people know who they are. They travel around meeting and talking with Nashvillians while Alex S. Palmer sits in his West End office and hopes things will happen. Alex is a real estate broker who went to Vanderbilt, he is not a developer. I don't think he will develop enough interest in a 900,000 square foot complex. Sorry, I just don't. He made a mistake with Palmer Plaza. In a city the size of Nashville, that building should have been built downtown. It sticks out like a sore thumb on West End.

Archived