West End Summit

brewerw

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trust me, it starts in 2006. Next spring I am predicting. Its a mixed use facility. It's not like filling an office tower anymore. Mixed use is the future. Suntrust Plaza in my opinion may be our last 'office tower'. In the future, it will be mixed use facilities where people work, live, play and entertain.

West End Summit has failed for a variety of reasons I have mentioned above. One I did not mention was the infrastructure. There is simply too much traffic on West End as it is, I cannot imagine having 10,000 other people coming and going from a 900,000 square foot facility everyday.

• 1 month later...

Part of it is business savvy which tells Mr. Palmer to continue seeking out a large tenant or two. This, I'm sure, is an ongoing process on a national scale. Nashville's reputation as a business center and desirable relocation city will eventually land the tenant the building's start will require.

Sure, there's a lot of traffic, but it doesn't seem anywhere near the scale as Midtown Atlanta and they do function even if inconvenient for a couple of hours a day. Otherwise, West End is pretty easy going.

Palmer's invested millions into this project already and I don't think he intends to not build it. When is the question. The property in question wasn't utlilized to any full function for years. A closed car dealership, a small used car lot, a lodge. I think the best thing is to just forget about it for a while and when something happens, they'll tell us.

This is a mixed use complex and its time will come. There's plenty of other stuff to keep us busy right now.

I agree dave, I just been watching this project for years now. I know that the poet doesnt believe it will get build. I understand were he is coming from about the traffic on west end. We have to realize that Nashville is growing right before are eyes and we have to get out that small town attitude.

I also believe that we have a lot of space downtown to build on. I would love to see more project downtown but i would love to have that expanded skyline down west end and the Adelica we help out alot along with the icon. Its like I died and went to skyscaper heaven.. Go Nashville.

The most recently released 2-tower renderings were my favorite for this spot. I was added to the condo e-mail list but I've yet to receive anything. As it's name states, it is a 'summit' of a hill and I believe it's suited for something big -- it will be visible from all directions. Surely Palmer wouldn't sit on this huge block so long to build some squat 11-story buildings.

Surely Palmer wouldn't sit on this huge block so long to build some squat 11-story buildings.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I dont think so either. I think with the money and time he has invested in this project that a good size structure will be built either way. It would be nice to hear a ground breaking date here in the near future.

Archived