Missmylab4

Loews Hotel

15 posts in this topic

There is a Hotel Rumor thread and this should probably be moved to that, but basically that site says they are willing to operate (or in some cases financially partner) with a developer, and Charlotte is on the approved list of cities where there COULD be a Loews.  Being on that list doesn't mean anything is currently in the works, just that they would entertain the idea of opening a Loews there is a developer presented a compelling property idea (and most/all of the money).

Hopefully it will be somewhere OTHER than downtown, IMO, but not likely. We have exactly zero hotels in Southend, Dilworth, Elizabeth, Plaza Midwood and I think thats becoming glaringly strange. 

I'd like to see something outside of a wedding venue type hotel in South End or Plaza Midwood.

1 person likes this

Looking at their site and images they bill themselves as a luxury chain so if they did build here it would be likely be Downtown, South Park or Ballantyne.

Second hand I heard they are looking here, I wonder if it would be in the Crescent site uptown? Still wish we could get a W Hotel. Just thinking aloud.

Wow... Let the speculation begin now! Wonder if that's why the hotel attached to the 300 South Tryon project changed in size recently.

Nope, I already know what that hotel is, it only increased in height because it gained a couple floors of amenities.

Its not Loews. This HAS to be one of the Crescent Hotels.

Edited by ricky_davis_fan_21

Nope, I already know what that hotel is, it only increased in height because it gained a couple floors of amenities.

crescent is the first one that crossed my mind. I'm hoping tryon place because that hotel seems to be the biggest

Crescent would make the most sense.. Just thought it was a little coincidental given the changes that were mentioned the other day. 

Yes 300 S Tryon has a hotel partner set in stone. I'm still holding to my theory of W @ Tryon Place. And Cambria (100%) and Loews at Crescent uptown.

Let's not forget through, this is the design of the NON Cambria at Crescent Uptown. This isn't very "Loews" to me so maybe it will be at Tryon Place. 

image.jpg

Crescent would make the most sense.. Just thought it was a little coincidental given the changes that were mentioned the other day. 

I've seen floor plans of the Hotel, and there are too many items in the floorpan that are specific features to only a Certain boutique hotelier. 

I've seen floor plans of the Hotel, and there are too many items in the floorpan that are specific features to only a Certain boutique hotelier. 

(cough) Kimpton (cough)

3 people like this