smeagolsfree

Charlotte Ave/Charlotte Park/Sylvan Park/Bellevue/West Nash./Nations

At least it has ground floor retail, unlike the apartment buildings next to the sounds stadium... Wow metro should have made ground floor retail a requirement.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

When I look at that West 46th building, I don't know why I start craving a hamburger. Still looking for the fiberglass statue of a cartoon boy in red-white checked bib-overalls out front. 

You don't have to go down memory lane, it looks the same as new Wendy's restaurants.

Meritage-Announces-Grand-Opening-of-142n

Yes... I've seen those Wendy's around Chattanooga. Of course, the photos by Markhollin immediately reminded me of a Frisch's. Even the logos are strikingly similar... and the shade of red. 

Northbend.jpgWest_46th_Apts_3,_Aug.JPG

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 4

23 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

Yes... I've seen those Wendy's around Chattanooga. Of course, the photos by Markhollin immediately reminded me of a Frisch's. Even the logos are strikingly similar... and the shade of red. 

Northbend.jpgWest_46th_Apts_3,_Aug.JPG

This is too perfect!! 

• Like 1

On August 19, 2016 at 9:06 AM, nashvylle said:

At least it has ground floor retail, unlike the apartment buildings next to the sounds stadium... Wow metro should have made ground floor retail a requirement.

I don't believe there is any retail space in the West 46th.

5 hours ago, gannman said:

But they give you the illusion of there being retail!  I mean, why build a real deal urban building when you can build a pretend one?

• Like 1

From today's Nashville Post:

Crosland Southeast has a secured a major permit for it mixed-use One Bellevue Place project. The permit is valued at $13.4 million and is for shell work of one of the development’s retail buildings.

Relatedly, a permit valued at $8.8 million has been issued for construction of a 12-screen multi-plex theater for Carmike Cinemas.

The address for One Bellevue Place is 8141 Sawyer Brown Road.

On 8/20/2016 at 11:48 AM, gannman said:

Given the pedestal construction I imagine the ground floor meets codes for retail use and the units fronting Charlotte can be converted as market conditions dictate. The Dallas on Elliston has a similar setup.

• Like 2

Corner Pub to open a location in The Nations 

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2016/08/24/a-former-church-in-the-nations-will-soon-be-home.html

Also 12th South Taproom to open '51st Tap Room', a second location The Nations as well. Here is a snip it from the nextdoor.com site from Jeff Estepp. Location will be on 51st ave. between Illinois Ave and Georgia ave (next to what is now 'House' formaerly stone fox). Both buildings have been cleared and trees have been removed as well already. 

Capture pic.JPG

• Like 1

^ ^ ^ Here's a pic of the former Centennial Hall Church at 1105 51st Avenue North that will be converted into the Corner Pub location in the Nations.  Over 3,000 sq. feet of space for upwards of 250 patrons, plus an 800 sq. foot deck will be added.  The structure was originally built in the 1950s:

Nations Church.jpg

• Like 1

SkyNashville Development... bad news IMO... 

Below is an update from the person who has been leading the opposition of the project... 

Important SkyNashville UPDATE: 

We received the Metro Planning Commission Agenda for August 25, 2016 today and found out that SkyNashville proposals have both been deferred INDEFINITELY! 

Thank you for all your interest and support for our neighborhood! 
This proves our voices matter! 

Rob and Lilly Lewin 
Trevor Street 
513-382-8484 

2016CP-007-001, the request to change the Community Plan
 amendment to accommodate the seven story high rise and the request by Sky Nashville developers 
2016SP-004-001 to change the current R6 zoning to an SP have both been deferred indefinitely.

18 minutes ago, Andrew_3289 said:

SkyNashville Development... bad news IMO... 

Below is an update from the person who has been leading the opposition of the project... 

Important SkyNashville UPDATE: 

We received the Metro Planning Commission Agenda for August 25, 2016 today and found out that SkyNashville proposals have both been deferred INDEFINITELY! 

Thank you for all your interest and support for our neighborhood! 
This proves our voices matter! 

Rob and Lilly Lewin 
Trevor Street 
513-382-8484 

2016CP-007-001, the request to change the Community Plan
 amendment to accommodate the seven story high rise and the request by Sky Nashville developers 
2016SP-004-001 to change the current R6 zoning to an SP have both been deferred indefinitely.

SMH nimby's...

1 hour ago, Nashtitans said:

request to change the Community Plan amendment to accommodate the seven story high rise and the request by Sky Nashville developers 

Since when is 7 stories a high rise? Also, the plan seems to be blocked and they're calling that "support for our neighborhood". Isn't that actually sabotage?

Edited by Philip
  • Like 1

What kind of person would rather have an empty dirt lot in their neighborhood than a luxury condo building?  Yay, great job on holding your community back.  What a victory!  Enjoy your dirt.  Idiots.

Edited by BnaBreaker
  • Like 2

On 8/20/2016 at 11:00 AM, smeagolsfree said:

Where have you been Mr McKay. Long time no see. Hope all is well.

Everything is great!  I've been busy building homes in the Nations and raisin' these youngins!  I hope you're doing well.

From the Nashville Post this afternoon:

Nashville-based real estate investor Jeff Estepp has landed Metro Planning Commission approval related to the adaptive reuse of a former church building he owns in The Nations.

Estepp bought the property at 4909 Indiana Ave. in October 2015 for $528,000 and is considering a mixed-use project that would include office, retail and/or restaurant spaces.

Estepp, the owner of The Nations-based general contracting company Jeff Estepp LLC, and two business partners also is focused on an adaptive reuse project (also involving a former church building) on 51st Avenue in The Nations and that will be home to a Corner Pub.

Screen Shot 2016-08-26 at 3.05.27 PM.png

7 hours ago, TMcKay9 said:

Everything is great!  I've been busy building homes in the Nations and raisin' these youngins!  I hope you're doing well.

4 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

Don't be a stranger my friend.

Don't be like me (hehe....!) -=:ph34r:=-

• Like 1