smeagolsfree

Charlotte Ave/Charlotte Park/Sylvan Park/Bellevue/West Nash./Nations

The owners of the West Nashville property home to Charlotte Heights Church of Christ — recently eyed for an apartment building — are looking to have the site’s zoning changed in an effort to maximize its redevelopment potential.

The 5 acre property property is located at 5805 Charlotte Pike, with its main masonry church building one of the oldest structures located on the street's segment spanning west of White Bridge Road. 

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20986080/owners-of-west-side-church-property-seek-rezoning

Screen Shot 2017-12-15 at 8.27.14 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-12-15 at 8.28.25 AM.png

• Like 1

E3 Construction Services LLC announced it is planning 11 homes in McKissack Park, the North Nashville district alternately called City Heights and that continues to gain infill projects. These will be made up of workforce housing of single-family, three-bedroom homes, ranging between 1,200 and 1,400 square feet. Each unit will offer private parking and hardwood floors and be priced starting in the high $200,000s.

A groundbreaking is eyed for early 2018, with a late summer completion targeted.

Full story behind Nashville Post paywall:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20986177/early-2018-start-eyed-for-homes-on-north-side

Screen Shot 2017-12-15 at 1.33.06 PM.png

• Like 1

Evergreen Real Estate is targeting a spring 2018 groundbreaking on a 3 story, 103-unit condominium building for Silo Bend in The Nations. This will be the first of four phases the company will undertake at Silo Bend.

They are also preparing to undertake a 50-home cottage community at Silo Bend. That project also is slated to break ground in early 2018.  They are additionally planning two other developments for Silo Bend: one to be another cottage home project, likely to offer 40 homes. The final of the four phases could be a mix of cottages and condos overlooking the river.

Full story behind the paywall at Nashville Post:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20986189/condo-building-eyed-for-the-nations

Screen Shot 2017-12-15 at 3.05.58 PM.png

• Like 1

12 hours ago, markhollin said:

The owners of the West Nashville property home to Charlotte Heights Church of Christ — recently eyed for an apartment building — are looking to have the site’s zoning changed in an effort to maximize its redevelopment potential.

The 5 acre property property is located at 5805 Charlotte Pike, with its main masonry church building one of the oldest structures located on the street's segment spanning west of White Bridge Road. 

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20986080/owners-of-west-side-church-property-seek-rezoning

Screen Shot 2017-12-15 at 8.27.14 AM.png

I hope when it's redeveloped they keep that building on the right, it's really cool.  I love the limestone base and the neoclassical entry with the 3 rather ominous doors.

• Like 2

The problem here is they are trying to do it without the Council Persons blessing. Guess what, nothing is going to happen. It would be rare if Planning approves something the CP has not been filled in on. If it goes to the Council, I can guarentee nothing will happen.

The owners of the church are pretty much ill informed as to how the system works. I could have been a lot more harsh but decided to be kind.

Centennial Hospital expansion (4 stories on top of existing 8) update.

Looking SE from Charlotte Ave. at intersection with 25th Ave. North:

Centennial Hospital expansion, Dec 16, 2017.jpg

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Nashville Cliff said:

Anybody know what the construction is on Charlotte across the connector from 1City?  I think it is HCA land.

Parking garage for HCA employees. 

• Like 1

StayBridge Suites (Approx. 4-5 stories/200 units) update. Digging/blasting fro underground parking.

Looking north from 22nd Ave. North just south of Charlotte Ave:

StayBridge Suites, Charlotte Ave, Dec 16, 2017 1.jpg

Looking east from 22nd Ave. North just south of Charlotte Ave:

StayBridge Suites, Charlotte Ave, Dec 16, 2017 2.jpg

• Like 3

Silo Bend (3 stories, 500 units) update.

Looking north from intersection of Centennial Blvd. and 54th Ave. North:

Silo Bend, Dec 16, 2017 1.jpg

Looking SW from 54th Ave. North as CSX crossing:

Silo Bend, Dec 16, 2017 2.jpg

Looking  NE along Centennial Blvd. near intersection with Ohio Ave:

Silo Bend, Dec 16, 2017 3.jpg

• Like 2

Provident Self Storage (4 and 3 stories) update. Stairwell/elevator shaft up, first floor poured.

Looking west from intersection of 26th Ave. North and Felecia St:

Provident Self Storage, Charlotte Ave, Dec 16, 2017 1.jpg

Looking east from 27th Ave. North:

Provident Self Storage, Charlotte Ave, Dec 16, 2017 2.jpg

• Like 1

Elevate @ Medwest (2 and 3 stories, 17 townhomes) update. Foundational work underway for second building.

Looking SE from intersection of 31st Ave. North and Delaware Ave:

Elevate @ Medwest, Dec 16, 2017.jpg

• Like 2

E3 Construction HQ update.  Nearly complete.

Looking north from intersection of 28th Ave. North and Clifton Ave:

E3 Contruction HQ, Dec 16, 2017.jpg

• Like 1

Nashville's first Staybridge Suites hotel at the site of the former Fire Hall at 350 21st Avenue, near Charlotte Ave. is moving foward...

Permit for construction trailer has been issued. 

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20987486/notes-image-released-for-midtown-staybridge-hotel

Judging from the size of the street, I'm guessing the view is from Charlotte Avenue looking to the SW. 

Staybridge render.png

The hotel will offer 163 rooms, with four floors of hotel space sitting atop a one-story parking garage, according to Jeff McKay, DLG vice president of development. Design Options and Michael J. Burns Architects, both of Fargo, are teaming on the design efforts.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, markhollin said:

The small retail center on NW corner of Charlotte Ave. and 45th Ave. North is complete:

Another perfect example of "should've turned it on it's side and made it vertical" 

Seriously.... it's ONE STORY on a main corridor!!!!! Come on people.....

Edited by NashvilleObserver

24 minutes ago, NashvilleObserver said:

Another perfect example of "should've turned it on it's side and made it vertical" 

Seriously.... it's ONE STORY on a main corridor!!!!! Come on people.....

This building would have fit in perfectly in that spot had the historic church next door had not been mowed down for those gaudy apartments.  It's on scale with the ML Rose building and the historic buildings diagonally across the street.

1 hour ago, TMcKay9 said:

This building would have fit in perfectly in that spot had the historic church next door had not been mowed down for those gaudy apartments.  It's on scale with the ML Rose building and the historic buildings diagonally across the street.

Those 46th West apartments are hideous. And they’re sooooo visible from 40 from both directions. Used to have to pass that thing every day when I lived in Bellevue and it always irritated me. At the very least they could have activated the street a little with a retail spot or two. 

• Like 1

The entire Charlotte corridor is a mess. With it undergoing so much rapid change I don't understand why there isn't a push from planning for a cohesive design overlay. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Pdt2f said:

Those 46th West apartments are hideous. And they’re sooooo visible from 40 from both directions. Used to have to pass that thing every day when I lived in Bellevue and it always irritated me. At the very least they could have activated the street a little with a retail spot or two. 

Considering what was there just three years ago, a vacant overgrown lot, with dozens of concrete road dividers scattered around and a run down building with broken windows, no roof, and graffiti'd  exterior walls... I'm not going to complain. 

• Like 1