smeagolsfree

Charlotte Ave/Charlotte Park/Sylvan Park/Bellevue/West Nash./Nations

3 minutes ago, Andrew_3289 said:

Considering what was there just three years ago, a vacant overgrown lot, with dozens of concrete road dividers scattered around and a run down building with broken windows, no roof, and graffiti'd  exterior walls... I'm not going to complain. 

This is what was there five years before that:

img_2531.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, SoundScan said:

The entire Charlotte corridor is a mess. With it undergoing so much rapid change I don't understand why there isn't a push from planning for a cohesive design overlay. 

Probably push back from the council persons in that district. Just a guess.

• Like 1

There is a certain amount of Nimbyism going on, also. They killed the development next to the Hill development at the railroad tracks, also. This.....

Madison Mills 1, March 2016.jpg

Was to be replaced with this...

gpqPZe3.png

A property located in The Nations and previously eyed for a shipping container residential project is slated to be reinvented to accommodate a neighborhood restaurant. 5916 Morrow Road has 2,075 square feet of interior space and 1,155 square feet of patio space.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20988448/nations-building-could-be-reinvented-with-restaurant

Miken_art.5a57f0e95507b.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-01-12 at 10.52.22 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-12 at 10.52.54 AM.png

• Like 3

This was the location that Michael Kenner wanted to do the container project, but had  financing problems for it. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

A significant 3.2 acre piece of property has gone up  for sale in The Nations.  The property is zoned "commercial service," which allows strong flexibility for redevelopment. Currently, P&S Transportation operates from the site. The marketing materials note the property could be ready for redevelopment in early 2019.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20988719/visible-property-in-the-nations-listed-for-sale

Screen Shot 2018-01-15 at 11.52.47 AM.png

• Like 4

A 28-residence project in Charlotte Park to be known as Sterling Point with 7 townhomes and 21 detached homes is scheduled for 6006 Sterling St on a 2.35 acre lot. No renderings have been released yet.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20989084/notes-madison-site-eyed-for-cottage-home-project

Screen Shot 2018-01-17 at 1.54.25 PM.png

• Like 2

Metro Government is in the early stages of attempting to sell a West Nashville property that is home to what some call the city’s “salt barn” and is located near various recently finished developments.

Located at 3800 Charlotte Ave., the property contains four buildings. The Metro Public Works Department stores salt (for snow removal) in the metal structure positioned closest to I-40. 

Metro acquired the 4.4-acre property in December 1952. Nearby are H.G. Hill Realty Co.'s Hill Center Sylvan Heights and West 46th Apartments. Similarly, mixed-used building Sylvan Station nears completion in the 4100 block of Charlotte Avenue.  

Most likely a prospective developer would be interested in a residential complex as it is on the west side of a large hill and has nice panoramic views of north, west, and south.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20990231/metro-looks-to-sell-salt-storage-property

Screen Shot 2018-01-26 at 8.34.59 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-26 at 8.35.52 AM.png

• Like 4

Staybridge Suites Hotel (4 stories 200 units) update.  All foundation digging complete for underground garage.

Looking west from 21st Ave. North, just south of intersection with Charlotte Ave:

StayBridge Suites Charlotte Ave, Jan 28, 27, 2018, 1.jpg

Looking NW from 21st Ave. North, just south of intersection with Charlotte Ave:

StayBridge Suites Charlotte Ave, Jan 28, 27, 2018, 2.jpg

• Like 2

Ugh! That beige building in the background of the first picture is hideous. But I know that's a common style from the 1970-80s. So glad Nashville's boom didn't happen then. There's a lot of that stuff around Dallas. 

• Like 1

Centennial Hospital addition (4 stories on top of existing 8) update.

Looking west along Murphy Ave. 1/2 block east of 23rd Ave. North:

Centennial Hospital expansion, Jan 27, 2018, 2.jpg

Looking NW from corner of Patterson and 23rd Ave. North:

Centennial Hospital expansion, Jan 27, 2018, 1.jpg

• Like 4

So how tall will that be? And why are they building a garage on a parking lot they've had for 20 years? Is there a plan to build more on that property? I don't recall any renderings.

Boomerang in The Nations to break ground this summer. Mixed-use with 8 condo residences and ground retail at Centennial and 54th.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20992446/summer-start-slated-for-project-in-the-nations

boomerang art.png

A late summer groundbreaking is being eyed for a mixed-used development to be located near the now-underway Silo Bend in The Nations.

Centennial Partners V LLC, overseen by Nashville-based developer Nathan Weinberg, will undertake what will be called Boomerang at 5403 Centennial Blvd.

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

McKissak Park/City Heights area 2.5 acre parcel including 2501 Clifton Ave. is receiving a zoning change that will allow for a mixed-use development. Plans for the site will be announced in the coming weeks, according to the firm. The Tennessean previously reported the site could include residential, office, retail and restaurant space.  Brothers Joe and James Bell have owned the site for more than 40 years. It includes the location of truck repair shop Bell's Automotive & Diesel Sales. Inc. 

https://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2018/02/21/city-heights-property-north-nashville-obtains-mixed-use-zoning/359150002/

• Like 2

A partnership overseen by veteran Nashville-based developer Steve Armistead is moving forward on a Sylvan Heights-area mixed-use project that is has eyed since late 2016.

405 Charlotte Development Partners will go before the Metro Planning Commission March 22 to request a rezoning of a property at 405 40th Ave. North, just north of Charlotte Ave.The zoning change would allow a building with office, hotel and/or retail uses. No residential component is being eyed, according to the document.

405 Charlotte Development Partners paid $4.76 million for the 1.80-acre property  which sits across Charlotte Avenue from Hill Center Sylvan Heights.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20994357/mixeduse-project-eyed-for-sylvan-heights-area

Screen Shot 2018-02-28 at 4.07.26 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-02-28 at 4.08.01 PM.png

• Like 1

Seeing that  the Millworks on Charlotte plan has stalled a bit, owner Tom Patten has been meeting with other prospective buyers for the 7.1 acre property at 4101 Charlotte Ave. 

Nashville's Stonehenge Real Estate Group, founded by Todd Jackovich, is still pursuing that project, Patten said in a March 5 interview. Patten also has listed the site for sale. Patten said Jackovich's most recent purchase contract on the property ended late last year. Since then, potential buyers have checked out the property and one has offered a letter of intent. Patten said he's weighing that offer, but stressed that he's not under contract with anyone.

"I've had some pretty strong interest," Patten said. He added: "I'm rooting for Todd. I want it to work. I would love to work with Todd."

Full sotry behind paywall at NBJ:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/03/05/suitors-eye-big-charlotte-avenue-site-after.html

Here is a video that had been put together originally for the project:

Here are some renderings of the project:

Screen Shot 2018-03-05 at 1.26.57 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-05 at 1.27.09 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-05 at 1.27.21 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-05 at 1.27.34 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-05 at 1.27.49 PM.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, markhollin said:

Seeing that  the Millworks on Charlotte plan has stalled a bit, owner Tom Patten has been meeting with other prospective buyers for the 7.1 acre property at 4101 Charlotte Ave. 

Nashville's Stonehenge Real Estate Group, founded by Todd Jackovich, is still pursuing that project, Patten said in a March 5 interview. Patten also has listed the site for sale. Patten said Jackovich's most recent purchase contract on the property ended late last year. Since then, potential buyers have checked out the property and one has offered a letter of intent. Patten said he's weighing that offer, but stressed that he's not under contract with anyone.

"I've had some pretty strong interest," Patten said. He added: "I'm rooting for Todd. I want it to work. I would love to work with Todd."

Full sotry behind paywall at NBJ:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/03/05/suitors-eye-big-charlotte-avenue-site-after.html

Here is a video that had been put together originally for the project:

To me this development is a no brainier. We are always reading about how Nashville needs office space and here sits ~190k sq.ft of potential space, I wonder why this isn't moving along as fast as they had imagined? 

52 minutes ago, Andrew_3289 said:

To me this development is a no brainier. We are always reading about how Nashville needs office space and here sits ~190k sq.ft of potential space, I wonder why this isn't moving along as fast as they had imagined? 

Location, maybe? Since most of the metro population lives east of this, perhaps residential development might be more successful.....