smeagolsfree

Charlotte Ave/Charlotte Park/Sylvan Park/Bellevue/West Nash./Nations

The people at 5101 Kentucky are really committed to their rendering!

IMG_7152.thumb.JPG.906d84a0d3a60ed97ea959813fd7cf3f.JPG

Those door s and windows are painted

IMG_4681.thumb.JPG.d8dea87e93d09c8f23cf4ae595bb4757.JPG

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mike G said:

It's hard to avoid comparing this to the nearly adjacent Catalyst (Tennessee Ave) warehouse makeover every time I drive by. While the paint is satisfyingly precise and matches up with the render as you pointed out, it's 100% cosmetic (so far - maybe they're doing skylights or something), while the Tennessee Ave warehouse is getting a complete internal and external redo so that there will actually be natural light inside and it will actually feel like an office. I saw them adding more materials to the Catalyst site today as well, with what looked like brick (only glanced by in passing).

Edited by AsianintheNations

38 minutes ago, AsianintheNations said:

I saw them adding more materials to the Catalyst site today as well, with what looked like brick (only glanced by in passing).

I walked through there a couple weeks ago, and there was brink stored inside. It could look pretty good.

I'm not sure it came through in the pictures, but at 5101 Kentucky, they even painted door handles on the KY side. :tw_neutral:

• Haha 1

Spero Dei Church (refurbish and expansion of old church) update.  Erosion barriers in place.

Rendering:

Sperodei Church, Aug 25, 2019, 1.jpg

Looking SW from intersection of Park Ae. and 37th Ave. North:

Sperodei Church, Aug 25, 2019, 2.jpg

• Like 4

On ‎2019‎-‎09‎-‎07 at 6:26 PM, Mike G said:

It's going to be hard to keep the business profitable when only the Roadrunner can get inside.

• Haha 2

27th & Torbett Townhomes (3 stories, 6 units) update.  Complete and open.

Looking NW from intersection of Torbett St. and 27th Ave. North:

Torbett and 27th Townhomes, Aug 25, 2019.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A 3 story, 39,000 sq. ft. surgical center is finally moving forward for 500 28th Ave. North.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/health-care/article/21086190/surgical-center-proposed-for-midtownarea

Screen Shot 2019-09-10 at 3.02.32 PM.png

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map show the site highlighted in red at the center of the frame:

Screen Shot 2019-09-10 at 3.08.46 PM.png

• Like 3

HCA has something brewing or their surface lot at 345 24th Ave. North just off of Charlotte Ave. Metro Planning has approved a rezoning request for new construction in association with TriStar Centennial Medical Center.  Catalyst Design is listed for civil engineering and planning. Now word on specifics yet.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21087129/work-to-start-on-weho-homes

Screen Shot 2019-09-16 at 3.50.32 PM.png

• Like 2

Axis 27 (3 stories, 29 townhomes) update. Foundational markers being set.

Looking east from intersection of Delaware Ave. and 27th Ave. North:

Axis 27, Aug 25, 2019, 1.jpg

Looking west from intersection of Delaware Ave. and 27th Ave. North:

Axis 27, Aug 25, 2019, 2.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

What did Metro approve? 

Does it allow any height? The article read as though it's related to the medical center across the street. 

Right now it is just a zoning change and as usual HCA is tight lipped about the plans.

A request to rezone from MUG-A to MUI-A zoning for property located at 345 24th Avenue North,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, CenterHill said:

Does this mean the proposed hotel on the current Czann's site in Sobro is moving forward?  

That would be our hope.   : )    Not much info has been made public.  Perhaps things will start percolating again soon.

• Like 3

Pearl II (3 stories, 108 units of workforce housing) is being planned by Tony Giarratana and Clearbrook Holdings on 1.3 acres at 1708 Pearl St. 1 block north of Charlotte Ave. The $19 million project will be another example of developers creating an apartment building with blow market rates of under $1,000 per month. ESa designed the project, and R.G. Anderson will be the contractor.  It will take 18 months to build.  No start date announced yet.

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2019/09/17/first-look-two-heavy-hitters-tee-up-midtown.html?iana=hpmvp_nsh_news_headline

Screen Shot 2019-09-17 at 3.03.08 PM.png

This screen shot from Smeagolfree's excellent development map shows the site highlighted in teal (shown as Polygon 276) at the center of the frame:

Screen Shot 2019-09-17 at 3.09.55 PM.png

• Like 4

1 hour ago, CenterHill said:

Does this mean the proposed hotel on the current Czann's site in Sobro is moving forward?  

From what I heard a long tome ago that hotel died a painless death and the owners put it back up on the market. I am unsure what the plan is but the move out of Sobro has been in the works for a long time for Czann's.

It may still end up being a hotel but from what Ken Rebman told me one day when I saw him in passing the hotel was not happening.

• Thanks 1