smeagolsfree

Charlotte Ave/Charlotte Park/Sylvan Park/Bellevue/West Nash./Nations

I'm happy to see any kind of addition to the One Bellevue Place development -- I've been in that area there a few times for shopping and for lunch/dinner, and it never seems as busy as I would have expected. I worry that some of those places might be struggling.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jamie Hall said:

I'm happy to see any kind of addition to the One Bellevue Place development -- I've been in that area there a few times for shopping and for lunch/dinner, and it never seems as busy as I would have expected. I worry that some of those places might be struggling.

That entire development is a disaster. It will not survive a severe recession as there are not any strong anchor stores and the restaurants that are there are not really worth going to IMO.  The grocery store was way out of my price range.

When I get the closest movies for my location, Bellevue pops up but I avoid that location as I just dont like AMC as my choice is Regal. I avoid Green Hills because of traffic so I go to Hollywood 27. If I shop, I will stop at Nashville West before I even think about going to OBP as there is really nothing there. They should have put a Target at that location.

They missed the boat when they didnt put any office space there. You have to have a built in customer base for lunch for all of the restaurants that are there and they just dont have it.

Crosland screwed this one up royalty and I think they have already sold part of the development off. Too much surface parking, too much walking and I think I have ranted about this place before. Its a disaster!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smeagolsfree said:

That entire development is a disaster. It will not survive a severe recession as there are not any strong anchor stores and the restaurants that are there are not really worth going to IMO.  The grocery store was way out of my price range.

When I get the closest movies for my location, Bellevue pops up but I avoid that location as I just dont like AMC as my choice is Regal. I avoid Green Hills because of traffic so I go to Hollywood 27. If I shop, I will stop at Nashville West before I even think about going to OBP as there is really nothing there. They should have put a Target at that location.

They missed the boat when they didnt put any office space there. You have to have a built in customer base for lunch for all of the restaurants that are there and they just dont have it.

Crosland screwed this one up royalty and I think they have already sold part of the development off. Too much surface parking, too much walking and I think I have ranted about this place before. Its a disaster!

We'll have to wait to see if it is a disaster. The biggest obstacle is Nashville West being just up the road - with Costco and Target (as you mentioned). Sprouts grocery store is a destination, just like Whole Foods, and is currently one of the few stores there that most people would drive there for. As for AMC vs Regal/etc, that is personal preference vs movies/times/price. 100% agree about the need for office space to support restaurants/retail during weekdays. More residential is coming online in that area, but those who are local have got to start shopping local (instead of Green Hills) or else this will fail, just like the mall. But these are much different times with different demographics than when the mall was there and this development has a greater chance of success, but Nashville West will be the competition until more residential is available 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

Wouldn't go as far as saying it is a disaster, plus some of the restaurants are great, Honeyfire BBQ is one. Every time I have been there both Honeyfire and Desanos have been full. Once Home 2 Suites finally gets open that will help the restaurants also. The Ford Ice facility also brings in a large  amount of traffic all day long plenty of hockey folks eating. The rinks will stay busy as it is one of the nicest hockey facilities in the southeast and that hotel will stay booked with all the hockey tournaments.

I do agree with you on the the layout, it is terrible.  Case study on how to try to make a walk friendly design the least walk friendly and horrible use of space. 

• Like 2

I totally agree that it was poorly planned. As to whether it will succeed...I don't know. My sister lives in Fairview and likes the development. It offers her and others living out that way shopping/dining options that don't mean going to Nashville West or Cool Springs. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Nash_12South said:

I totally agree that it was poorly planned. As to whether it will succeed...I don't know. My sister lives in Fairview and likes the development. It offers her and others living out that way shopping/dining options that don't mean going to Nashville West or Cool Springs. 

I will drive out there for Home Goods and Ford Ice Center,  but that is about it. Everything else can be found at Nashville West, Green Hills, or White Bridge Rd(and within a few years, hopefully can be found Downtown). 

Edited by downtownresident
  • Like 2

I agree it's a mess but living in Kingston Springs its a quick in and out off I-40 and beats anything available in Dickson.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SJT said:

I agree it's a mess but living in Kingston Springs its a quick in and out off I-40 and beats anything available in Dickson.

Agreed. There is some shopping with a few other nice eateries not mentioned here. And I really like the movie theaters with the comfortable reclining seats. It is a nice addition for Bellevue and some of the westward areas.

• Like 3

Front Street Partners has purchased 14.4 acres at 7116 Charlotte Pike for a 260 unit apartment complex. The property was worth 1/10th the value in 2006. No renderings yet.

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2020/01/06/apartment-cluster-poised-to-grow-with-latest-land.html?iana=hpmvp_nsh_news_headline

7116 Charlotte Pike apartments, Jan 6, 2019, site.png

7116 Charlotte Pike apartments, Jan 6, 2019, site map.png

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, CenterHill said:

I had never appreciated how enormous that Vulcan quarry is.    It'll make a heckuva lake some day.  

Or an gigantic expansion of Rock Harbor marina 

EB1B7FCB-DEA0-438F-A55D-1E68ED7172AE.jpeg

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, donNdonelson2 said:

Or an gigantic expansion of Rock Harbor marina 

Yes, although that’s a different quarry.     The one I’m referring to could become an expansion of Commodore marina.  

DD101187-8123-47BD-AAD1-185486399E51.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/1/2020 at 12:14 PM, GreenHillsBoy said:

Chick-Fil-A has and still does support discrimination against LGBT individuals, they will never get a cent of my money.  Yes, its their right, but they won't discriminate with any of my money. 

Would be interested in  links to the claims of these individuals, preferably self-identified.

8 hours ago, dragonfly said:

Would be interested in  links to the claims of these individuals, preferably self-identified.

Here are links to several stories from November 2019 where Chick fil A is still trying to dig itself out of a situation that was brought to their attention as far back as 2012.  There are many worthy charities to donate to without a whiff of discrimination, if that is sincerely your intent.  They keep driving into a minefield that is easily avoidable. Yes, it is their money and they can do with is as they please, but they are finding it difficult to expand into some areas where the mess their baggage brings isn't worth it. 

https://thechickenwire.chick-fil-a.com/News/Chick-fil-A-Foundation-Announces-2020-Priorities

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rachelsandler/2019/11/18/chick-fil-a-stops-donations-to-anti-lgbtq-groups/#7d465386253b

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/chick-fil-a-will-stop-donating-to-the-salvation-army-and-fellowship-of-christian-athletes-and-people-are-furious-2019-11-18

Edited by Nash_12South

On 11/3/2019 at 4:50 PM, AsianintheNations said:

Hey guys - got this in the mail today. Any idea what is being planned for this site?
1951957798_Noticeofdevelopment.jpg.b01e17e0d2a629dbeef8d1499098b26d.jpg

I think it corresponds to the land circled in red in this screenshot from smeagolsfree's excellent development map:197632408_CaliforniaAvehighlighted.thumb.jpg.43151d9b9ca6e255d4e399f2253424b8.jpg

Minor update on this - got notification of the official public rezoning hearing (1/16 4PM at 2601 Bransford Ave). Only thing of note is that the request to rezone has been expanded to include 5301, 5305, 5307, 5309, 5311 California Ave and 5215 Centennial Blvd. Same folks as before, now CS -> MUL-A.  While I drew the outline above initially incorrectly, I do believe that the addition of the new addresses does now constitute the entirety of the area I outlined.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Clay Sifford has paid $4.7 million for a 4.9 acre site at 522 39th Ave. North in TheNations that faces I-40 on it's southern edge with 1,000 feet of frontage. There are a couple of low grade industrial structures on the property that have been sitting empty for years. No word on the plans for the site, but it would seem mixed-use residential would be perfect for that location.

More at The Nashville Post here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21109533/local-entrepreneur-pays-47m-for-west-side-site

Screen Shot 2020-01-10 at 8.20.46 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-10 at 8.22.37 AM.png

• Like 2

Right around there there's new houses going in (blue circles), but most excitingly the site circled in red has been getting cleaned up. I live just west of the train tracks and I have students who live off of 40th, so I hope it turns out well for their families. 

Screen Shot 2020-01-10 at 10.06.20 PM.png

• Like 1

I have been watching the homes being built in the blue areas. I need to take a drive into the red zone as I cut down 40th alot as a short cut.

Thanks for the update.

Its so hard to keep track of all that is happening in Nashville now. Ten years ago it was a one man job and I was easily able to keep track of almost everything happening anywhere in town.

Now there is no neighborhood in Nashville that is untouched by the explosive growth we are seeing.

Thanks to you and to everone else for keeping us informed. I dont always say thanks to you guys but this is for all of you that keep us informed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1