smeagolsfree

Charlotte Ave/Charlotte Park/Sylvan Park/Bellevue/West Nash./Nations

Staybridge Hotel, Charlotte Ave. (4 stories, 163 rooms) update. Prep work for cladding.

Looking  SW from intersection of Charlotte Ave. and 21st Ave. North:

Staybridge Hotel, Charlotte, Jan 5, 2020, 1.jpg

Looking SE from intersection of Charlotte Ave. and 22nd Ave. North:

Staybridge Hotel, Charlotte, Jan 5, 2020, 2.jpg

Looking north from 22nd Ave. North, 1/2 block north of Murphy Ave:

Staybridge Hotel, Charlotte, Jan 5, 2020, 3.jpg

Looking NW from 21st Ave. North, 1/2 block north of Murphy Ave:

Staybridge Hotel, Charlotte, Jan 5, 2020, 4.jpg

• Like 3

On 1/7/2020 at 7:03 PM, AsianintheNations said:

Minor update on this - got notification of the official public rezoning hearing (1/16 4PM at 2601 Bransford Ave). Only thing of note is that the request to rezone has been expanded to include 5301, 5305, 5307, 5309, 5311 California Ave and 5215 Centennial Blvd. Same folks as before, now CS -> MUL-A.  While I drew the outline above initially incorrectly, I do believe that the addition of the new addresses does now constitute the entirety of the area I outlined.

Justin, it is on the Planning agenda now.

Below is the proposed zoning change: Recommends approval

Proposed Zoning Mixed Use Limited-Alternative (MUL-A) is intended for a moderate intensity mixture of residential, retail, restaurant, and office uses and is designed to create walkable neighborhoods through the use of appropriate building placement and bulk standards.

• Like 2

Faith Family Clinic (2 stories, 12,000 sq. ft.) update.  Superstructure topped out.

Looking NE from intersection of Murphy Ave. and 21st Ave. North:

Faith Family Clinic, Jan 5, 2020, 1.jpg

Looking SE from 21st Ave.  North, 1/2 block south of Charlotte Ave:

Faith Family Clinic, Jan 5, 2020, 2.jpg

• Like 2

The other hotel planned for One Bellevue Place will be a Fairfield Inn and Suites (4 stories, no number of rooms announced). The 4 acre parcel is at 7636 Hwy. 70 south.  Brooker Construction will be the contractor, and a $6.2 million permit has been issued to get underway.   No rendering yet.

More behind The Nashville Post Paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21110425/fairfield-inn-set-for-one-bellevue-place

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I should allow someone who knows more about this one to post, but I'm interested to know how this project Solis L&L Market Place at Charlotte and 39th in Sylvan Park will 'straddle I-40'. The pictures with the article provide no information about what is shown, but does this project intend to build a walkway over I-40? One of the pictures shows a parking garage with a catwalk to somewhere. No captions!   https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21110865/apartment-building-eyed-for-sylvan-heights-site

Solis main.png

Screen_Shot_2020_01_16_at_11.59.46_AM.5e20a5eaa399c.jpg

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 2

Not sure about the renderings as William got them pretty quickly today with few details after I alerted him to the project. I dont know how accurate they are.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Price Development has released renderings for their 5 story, 322 ap. complex which will be called 3800 Charlotte in the 4.4 acre site. It is immediately to the east of the Solis L&L Marketplace announced earlier today.  HEDK is the architect.

More at Nashville Post here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21111107/image-released-for-proposed-west-side-project

Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at 5.04.53 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at 5.05.03 PM.png

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the project highlighted in teal at the center of the frame:

3800 Charlotte, Price Development, Jan 17, 2020, site map.png

• Like 2

I was not sure when William was going to have those renderings for 3800 out there. We were hoping for better rendering but the ones on Development Tracker was all we could come up with.

Just an FYI here. It has been busy as hell the first few weeks of the year. Busier than we have ever seen it.  One thing that is concerning is the water sewer permitting fees have gone up 350%, so this will hurt a lot of small developers and the Nashville Fire Dept. Has come out with new rules that further hurt development. 

So with the Cooper administration backing off on incentives with the above actions, development may be hurt severely over the next year.

• Like 1

While the fee and regulation increases may hurt smaller developers, it will highlight the more serious players. These are higher fees for our city, but how does it compare to our counterparts like Charlotte, Austin, etc? If we are emulating to pass certain cities such as Portland, we should expect things to be more comparable to cities like it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GregH said:

It's cool that there's more residential coming on Charlotte but I've been thinking about the Richland Park stretch of the road. The  storefronts across from the park could be a cool little district but I think it's currently cursed (a lot of the storefronts are vacant) by not having much parking and foot traffic being limited. Even though it's right between Sylvan Park and the Nations, with the barriers of Charlotte and I-40 (and Richland Park) there's really a pretty small number of residences within what most people would consider a convenient walk. It would be nice to see some medium-size infill in the area that could increase foot traffic. I've highlighted some places that are, in my opinion, a bit underused or potential candidates for something. The two used car lots on 51st across from Coco's might be the most promising. They're not visible in this screenshot but the Contractor's Equipment yard at 51st and Delaware and the vacant lot next to Caliber Collision on Delaware could also find a higher use.

Richland.JPG

Everything that is highlighted would need to be rezoned with the exception of the lot behind the retail building on the back side of 46th and Charlotte (S side). That is zoned OR 20 office residential 20 units per acre. Everything else is zoned CS which is commercial.

Getting the current council person behind that may be lick pulling teeth out of a angry wide awake lion. I think they would have a better shot at the rezone on the north side of the street, but who knows. You know how the residents in that area get when you start talking multi family.... they think cars, crime, riff raff, etc..

I think the Shell station lot would get a lot of opposition but feel (perhaps without reason) that the north side of Charlotte  lots wouldn't meet much opposition. Does anyone know what the neighborhood situation was when the West 46th building was being developed?

Thrive @  City Heights (2 & 3 stories, 17 units) update.  Most brick work complete.

Looking NW from intersection of 26th Ave. North and Clifton Ave:

Thrive @ City Heights, Jan 5, 2019, 1.jpg

Looking north from Clifton Ave., 1/4 block west of 26th Ave. North:

Thrive @ City Heights, Jan 5, 2019, 2.jpg

• Like 4

10 hours ago, AsianintheNations said:

Absolutely agree. It's a pity because a few quick fixes would bring so much more traffic to those storefronts, which form a charming small-town Main St. I was just complaining to my wife today that there is exactly one crosswalk between 46th and 51st, making it inconvenient to say hang out at the park or library (where there is plenty of parking except during the farmer's market) and then hop across the street for shopping or food, or vice versa. I've done this to go to Darkhorse theater, but that's on the corner that's actually easily crossable. The vacant storefronts are also very unkempt, and it makes it hard to spot that a few of the businesses are still open. I was recently showing around an interviewee for the hospital, and he spontaneously commented that the yoga studio was looking really sketchy. Finally, while I have been to the McDonald's and Hugh Baby's a couple times and certainly don't dislike them, they really break the illusion of the old downtown retail district by invading the brick facades with rural-highway-exit-style parking layouts.

Oh well, that strip is slowly changing so we'll see what comes with time. The McDonald's is renovating right now and Turnip Truck is going up on the Coco's side. Hopefully at some point they paint a few more crosswalks because it's impossible to jaywalk across a 45-mph four-lane U.S. highway.

Complain and moan and groan to your council person till her, and her buddy across Charlotte get it fixed. Be a thorn in her side till she hates her job. Tell all your neighbors to do the same thing.

16 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

Complain and moan and groan to your council person till her, and her buddy across Charlotte get it fixed. Be a thorn in her side till she hates her job. Tell all your neighbors to do the same thing.

Based on what I remember Brett telling me when I've asked about more crosswalks on Gallatin, the council person doesn't have a whole lot of say or influence on where public works deigns to put crosswalks, so I wouldn't be too rude to Kathleen. I'd lean on public works and the mayor instead.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Nashville Cliff said:

Based on what I remember Brett telling me when I've asked about more crosswalks on Gallatin, the council person doesn't have a whole lot of say or influence on where public works deigns to put crosswalks, so I wouldn't be too rude to Kathleen. I'd lean on public works and the mayor instead.

Isn't that kind of the point of having a council person though? To represent district priorities to the administration and call out the metro bureaucracy when it's falling short? I try to "lean" on public works and the mayor, but the difference in an individual citizen and a representative of a district is pretty stark.

• Like 3

Cottages @ City Heights (3 stories? 16 units) update.  Land cleared, fencing up.

Looking SE from intersection of 27th Ave. North and Booker St:

Cottages @ City Heights, Jan 5, 2020.jpg

• Like 3

12 hours ago, AronG said:

Isn't that kind of the point of having a council person though? To represent district priorities to the administration and call out the metro bureaucracy when it's falling short? I try to "lean" on public works and the mayor, but the difference in an individual citizen and a representative of a district is pretty stark.

Oh, I don't disagree, I'm just saying we have a weak council, by design, and the members don't have the influence that a lot of folks assume they have.