Charlotte Ave/Charlotte Park/Sylvan Park/Bellevue/West Nash./Nations

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey guys - I've long been a fan of this forum but never got around to registering until now. A few months ago, I made this color-coded zoning map of The Nations and surrounding areas based on the nash

Solis at L&L Market (just north of Charlotte Ave. off of 39th Ave. North and butting-up against I-40) has some new renderings and a bit of updated info: - Will now be 6 stories instead of 5.

Final product of the mural in The Nations

Posted Images

Mark, thanks for all the photos.  Great as always. If you wouldn't mind, could you post the pics at "Actual Size" or "Medium" size?  If I click to enlarge this batch, it's too large to see on my screen. Thanks! 

• Confused 1
2 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

Mark, thanks for all the photos.  Great as always. If you wouldn't mind, could you post the pics at "Actual Size" or "Medium" size?  If I click to enlarge this batch, it's too large to see on my screen. Thanks! 

I have no idea how to do that.

OK... I'm just guessing. Usually your photos are sized perfectly when I click on them.  This batch today was GINORMOUS!  My guess is that when you sent them to your computer from your iPhone, you sent them as "Large".... just my guess. If no one else minds, then it's not a big enough deal to change. Just a request. 

Silo Market will be a small (1,630 sq. ft.) grocery in The Flats at Silo Bend (4 stories, 193 units, 3,500 sq. ft. of retail), which are currently u.c. It will be an "upscale bodega" featuring an outdoor patio.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here3:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21147009/small-grocery-slated-for-the-nations

• Like 4

They have some work to do on the corner of the building. It was recently hit by a car maybe during the ice storm. The Marble Co. just bought their new property this week, so they should be moving out soon.

• Like 2

On 4/6/2021 at 4:25 PM, MLBrumby said:

Mine fit to the window when I click them.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, ThunderOne said:

Does anyone have information on the Greenway that is supposed to run from Vernon Ave to West Park? I can't find details online. Perhaps someone else is more resourceful than me.

Yes. There is a master plan for the Richland Creek Greenway to connect all the way to McNabb

There is no way I know of to see which project has priority. While Metro Parks seems to place value in adding new land/parks, it seems many projects get proposed and then.....nothing....for years. However, most greenway issues are impeded by property acquisition or easement. And limited funds

The only suggestion I have would be to send an email requesting status to Metro Parks

• Like 3

Reach out to your Councilperson. If anyone has access to the plan it would be them. Not sure where you live but I assume you live in the Nations / West Park area and that would be Mary Carolyn Roberts for District 20. 

• Like 1

Frank and Jack May have paid Metro Government $6.82 million for 682 acres in the Bells Bend area (official address is 4382 Old Hickory Blvd.). Don't know how much they already own in that area, but it is substantial, as they at one time were planning  a massive mixed-use development to be called May Town.  That was shot down by local residents. No word on what the May brothers have in mind long-term with all these holdings.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/mays-add-to-bells-bend-land-holdings/article_46b91dd2-a45b-11eb-a34c-6b9f47b21839.html