smeagolsfree

Charlotte Park/Sylvan Park/Bellevue/West Nash./Nations

On 11/6/2017 at 3:56 PM, dxfret said:

I drove on Charlotte Ave this weekend and noticed that the former L&L kitchen supply building has been gutted and appears ready for redevelopment. What will it become?  

Is there any news to report on the planned redevelopment of the Madison Mill site just down the street next to the new HG Hill development in Sylvan Park?

did it move somewhere?  I always wanted to check it out.

On 11/6/2017 at 3:56 PM, dxfret said:

I drove on Charlotte Ave this weekend and noticed that the former L&L kitchen supply building has been gutted and appears ready for redevelopment. What will it become?  

Is there any news to report on the planned redevelopment of the Madison Mill site just down the street next to the new HG Hill development in Sylvan Park?

I also saw it this weekend, and it appeared to me that the were repairing the original windows. If that’s what’s actually happening, that is a huge relief. I figured the first thing they would do is replace those gorgeous windows with some new bland version. I sure hope that’s the case.  

• Like 1

Provident Self Storage (4 stories) update.

Looking west from 26th AVe. North near intersection with Felicia St:

Provident Self Storage, Charlotte Ave, Oct 29, 2017 1.jpg

Looking east from 27th Ave. North:

Provident Self Storage, Charlotte Ave, Oct 29, 2017 2.jpg

• Like 1

Pearl Street Apts (2 buildings, 2-3 stories, 50 units) update.  

Looking SW from intersection of 17th Ave. North and Pearl St:

Pearl Street Apts, Nov 11, 2017.jpg

• Like 1

Four stories or six? As usual, the press is all over the place on floor count, nonetheless, a bit more from NBJ. No rendering or brand published yet: 

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2017/12/01/hotel-planned-for-nashville-west-shopping-center.html 

So this appears to be going in front of the Books-a-Million (south of that store). 

• Like 2

Yes. According to NBJ, just on the outside (north) side in the long triangular shaped parcel (15 acres IIRC) between Charlotte and I-40. 

I can't imagine they're going to force all of these homes to be retrofitted.  If the city signs off on something then I think it has to be allowed to remain unless the city can show that builders or owners intentionally deceived the inspector or codes office in hopes that they wouldn't notice a codes violation. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bigeasy said:

This seems like a big problem. Thoughts?

I can only imagine the lawsuits (or class action) against homebuilders and Metro Nashville if the city insists homeowners remediate building setback issues. What're the owners supposed to do?...hack off 5 - 10' of house? Tear down, redesign and rebuild the entire home? Wow, what a mess.

Edited by Flatrock
  • Like 2

Man if I was one of those homeowners I’d sue the pants off of metro and the builders, if they tried to make me pay to fix it. 

• Like 3

Not to mention the fact that the builders are not planting the trees required by Metro. Ive noticed codes lets these guys get away with almost anything and they blame it on lack of people. I see it happening all over town and I just bite  my tongue.

These guys want to fight it but the builders and developers are making out like bandits.

If I were Metro I would go back and make them fix everything before they get another building permit issued.

• Like 4

What I don't understand is how people are paying 400-800k for these skinny houses all over town. They have no yard, the houses look like they're made out of plastic, many aren't well constructed, and the owner has to walk up and down stairs all day. Are all these buyers just getting fleeced? How are they all going to look in 20 years, will they age well?

7 minutes ago, nashwatcher said:

What I don't understand is how people are paying 400-800k for these skinny houses all over town. They have no yard, the houses look like they're made out of plastic, many aren't well constructed, and the owner has to walk up and down stairs all day. Are all these buyers just getting fleeced? How are they all going to look in 20 years, will they age well?

Makes me happy to still have the Donelson area townhouse I bought in 1986 for 62k. I have the daily trips up & down the stairs, but I DON’T have that god-awful mortgage payment!

The addition at TriStar's Centennial Medical Center continues. The main hospital building, which rises eight stories and anchors the northwest corner of 23rd Avenue North and Patterson Street, is now boasting a skeleton of four extra stories. Spanning 145,000 square feet, the vertical addition yielded a structure that is visible for miles.  When completed in the third quarter of 2018, the project will add of 29 patient rooms, 10 operating rooms, 17 post-anesthesia care unit bays, 20 early-morning admission rooms and a 10-bank elevator upgrade.

Full story behind the paywall at Nashville Post:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/nashville-post-magazine/article/20985066/orthopedic-construction

Some updated renderings:

Screen Shot 2017-12-07 at 5.39.25 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-12-07 at 5.39.35 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-12-07 at 5.39.46 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-12-07 at 5.39.55 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-12-07 at 5.40.05 AM.png

• Like 3

With the tall and skinny buildings there can be a place for them when the entire street is done that way. When you have a smattering spread  out they do not look good especially if they are by themselves.

Yes. I will take tall skinnies and tree stumps over the Perpetual Outrage Machine any day. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Todd Fishbein, RSD co-owner with Brian Hoffman, announces 44th Avenue Townhomes. The project would yield 38 townhomes in eight buildings at 1003-1013 44th AVe. North on 1.86 acres in The Nations. Nine of the residences would be designated as workforce housing units. The multi-building townhome project  will go before the Metro Planning Commission in January to seek a rezoning to accommodate the effort.

Story behind the paywall at Nashville Post here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20985428/townhomes-eyed-for-the-nations

Screen Shot 2017-12-11 at 2.01.13 PM.png

• Like 1